Server didn't shutdown July 25th. 2018 - Lots of boosting tips in this thread.

17 hours ago, dernop said:

huh, that's strange. what exactly did you do differently this time from when we tested this? i'm just curious why we couldn't get it to work the last time ?

I'll  try to explain myself as best I can. ?

Player 1 (who will get the trophy): Start a new Campaing in HARD (public) and wait in the Prologue for his partner.

Player 2 (who has the save in the final battle): Resume his game as a public one, wait until all the tedious dialogues are over and send a invitation to P1 to join the game. Don't forget pause the game until P1 joins.

P1: Without returning to the main menu, accept the invitation from the XMB.

P2: Must wait until partner's character appears on the screen to kill the final boss. Even if the partner is on the loading screen, you can eliminate Tasyllys with total tranquility. He will get the trophy anyway.

Final note: I had a save just before Tasyllys in Hard. I'm not sure if that's worth something or change the difficulty from Options is enough. Although according to Kavatus it is not necessary that the host has started the game in Hard.

I hope you have understood me, I don't have enough confidence in my English so I use Google Translator. ?

• Like 3

4 hours ago, JorgeSleep said:

I'll  try to explain myself as best I can. 1f605.png

Player 1 (who will get the trophy): Start a new Campaing in HARD (public) and wait in the Prologue for his partner.

Player 2 (who has the save in the final battle): Resume his game as a public one, wait until all the tedious dialogues are over and send a invitation to P1 to join the game. Don't forget pause the game until P1 joins.

P2: Must wait until partner's character appears on the screen to kill the final boss. Even if the partner is on the loading screen, you can eliminate Tasyllys with total tranquility. He will get the trophy anyway.

Final note: I had a save just before Tasyllys in Hard. I'm not sure if that's worth something or change the difficulty from Options is enough. Although according to Kavatus it is not necessary that the host has started the game in Hard.

I hope you have understood me, I don't have enough confidence in my English so I use Google Translator1f602.png

Yea host doesnt need to have played on hard at all. Host just needs to switch to hard difficulty from ingame options.  This way host doesnt get hard mode trophy, so one who got boosted should return favor by doing it other way too if needed. 

When one who gets boosted join lobby, he could make note of text overall difficulty is on hard just to make sure. 

12 hours ago, JorgeSleep said:

I'll  try to explain myself as best I can. 1f605.png

I hope you have understood me, I don't have enough confidence in my English so I use Google Translator1f602.png

Mind if I add this my guide?  As in copy/paste? 

Edited by big_bob002

10 hours ago, Thropy_Hore said:

whipped up a quick roadmap using the strats from here & TA

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/sword-coast-legends/328333-pseudo-roadmap.html

Excellent.  Quicker reference then what I'm working on. 

Just a heads up I've encountered Javen the 1st time traveling to the Evermoors.  That's the only thing I'd change. 

Bryns companion quest becomes unavailable after a certain point but it automatically goes to "completed".  I have no idea if this impacts her trophy or all companion quest trophy since I already had them. 

2 hours ago, big_bob002 said:

Excellent.  Quicker reference then what I'm working on. 

Just a heads up I've encountered Javen the 1st time traveling to the Evermoors.  That's the only thing I'd change. 

Bryns companion quest becomes unavailable after a certain point but it automatically goes to "completed".  I have no idea if this impacts her trophy or all companion quest trophy since I already had them. 

thanks, i've clarified the Evermoors missable, and confirmed that missing Bryn's quest does lock you out of her companion trophy (thank god i had an earlier backup save). Probably a safe bet that it would also ruin For the Good of the Team.

1 hour ago, RNumbers said:

Nice, thanks for compiling all this information. So only one other player is required for all mp trophies? That was one of the things I was initially unsure about.

that's correct; the only reason you might want more than 2p is to expedite the XP grind. Like if you have a friend who already has the trophy, they can just AFK idle in your lobby with a lv 20 character to hasten the grind.

This method can level a character from lv 1 to 10 within ~5 mins, and probably to lv 20 in 30–40 mins.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I completely broke the game.  It doesn't even show all damage because it's happening so fast. 

This is in my trophy guide.  I haven't posted it yet because I'm trying to verify one thing.  Anyways here's what I posted for the guide.  It's in the free dlc and you can get it in 20 min if you rush to it. 

-After finishing the quest for Rauvfryn you get access to the merchant in the Drow Warehouse.  The Ornate Leather Armor is 18,107. AC 2, occasionally throw shuriken, +15 physical damage, +4 Dexterity, +4 constitution. 

It adds 15 damage to every attack and Swift doubles attack speed.  I've got 2 guys running around with this armor, Swift and lots of +crit range equipment and enemies practically can't attack even on hard. 

Edited by big_bob002
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Blackmist_FFXI said:

Question.

Is mp. Still accessible..

I got this game months before the delisting.

But couldn't find anyone to do the mp with so i put it to the side.

Would love ta nab the mp stuff if its still a possibility. X.x

Yes.  It's apparently p2p servers.  There's a link earlier with tips.  I should probably just post what I have for a guide. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, big_bob002 said:

Yes.  It's apparently p2p servers.  There's a link earlier with tips.  I should probably just post what I have for a guide. 

Ok.  I saw some things saying it was p2p

Other saying over all down.

Glad ta know talked a friend into trying it again lol

• 3 weeks later...

Have to post this somewhere.  Finally tried out rushing the last boss on hard with 2 fighters to see how it goes. 

1st phase: 37 seconds

2nd phase: 26 seconds 

Both fighters nearly identical:

Level: 20

Helm: Ornate Leather Helm

Armor: Ornate Leather Armor

Main hand: Sliver of Thanatos

Off hand: Swift

Both rings: +2 Critical range

Guantlets: +2 and +3 Critical range 

Popped a potion each at the start of the 1st fight. 

Appropriately I named my player created Fighter "Drizzt". 

• Like 1

• 5 years later...
On 9/2/2018 at 3:26 PM, big_bob002 said:

Have to post this somewhere.  Finally tried out rushing the last boss on hard with 2 fighters to see how it goes. 

1st phase: 37 seconds

2nd phase: 26 seconds 

Both fighters nearly identical:

Level: 20

Helm: Ornate Leather Helm

Armor: Ornate Leather Armor

Main hand: Sliver of Thanatos

Off hand: Swift

Both rings: +2 Critical range

Guantlets: +2 and +3 Critical range 

Popped a potion each at the start of the 1st fight. 

Appropriately I named my player created Fighter "Drizzt". 

I assume the Dungeon Master trophies are unobtainable, since nobody's earned them since 2021?

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, kidson2004 said:

Quick question: The servers are still up for this? Been meaning to get back into this. 

It's pear to pear with this title.

So technically yes.

For playstarion its still avaliable [was for me afew months after "shutdown".

And iirc someone said it still worked late last year.

I too need to wrap this one up eventually

• Like 1