Server didn't shutdown July 25th. 2018 - Lots of boosting tips in this thread.

Edit: July 25th came and went and this game was unaffected. Most likely, only the PC version did online through central server and PS4 version is setup P2P. :)

It looks like servers for Sword Coast Legends are shutting down July 25th. Notice. The link for the game homepage routes to a steam community page. I thought it might only apply to the steam version but talk from this forum thread seems to confirm that it's a blanket shutdown (also affecting PS4) due to legal issues. The game was delisted off the PSN store back in December.

I can confirm that online was still working earlier today, the last time I was on.

This would eliminate any chance of getting:

"Behind the Scenes" - Complete 1 Dungeon Crawl as Dungeon Master

"Master of Dungeons" - Complete 25 Dungeon Crawls as Dungeon Master

"Summoner" - Summon 1000 creatures as Dungeon Master

"Dominator" - Possess 500 creatures as Dungeon Master

"I got your back" - Complete the Campaign in Co-op.

Edited by Metal Slime King
"Server" didn't go down.

Fairly easy? I'm still working on them myself. The assumption is that you can get the trophy for going through co-op campaign by jumping on someone else's end point save. Was trying to confirm this with @big_bob002 but had some issues with glitches during said end boss encounter when trying it online. Still working on the DM mode grinding as well, if any caveats arise will post them. Big Bob told me something he read about people's progress getting reset because maybe they went from DM mode to regular Dungeon Crawl mode without finishing DM. So might want to stick with DM mode until you've completed it. From what we can tell it takes 2 people online to do DM mode, 1 person to be the DM and at least 1 other person to go through their dungeon.

Can the dungeons be "walk from point A to point B, fight 1 monster" about 25 times or is there more to it than that? 

I bought the game as it delisting thinking the developers would keep the servers up for years. Never again from these crappy devs. 

EDIT: Also, if you get the online trophies for the game done, is possible to play the game offline? Some of the responses in the link seem to think not. 

Edited by POEman553

You can create a 1 floor dungeon instantly using default settings that will have like 20 mobs in it and be 5 minutes to beat. You will need to add more mobs manually and possess mobs on the map as the dungeon master for the two trophies "Summoner" and "Dominator". It's a good way to level up the other player though, throwing endless waves of Goblin Flunkies at them. :)

There is a game setting that allows the DM to have unlimited "threat" which are points consumed to possess or create a mob. In the process of determining whether leaving this setting on invalidates those two trophies.

Seemingly I can't seem to find out any straight answers on this, how long the MP trophies would take, what kind of commitment is needed in these 15 days etc.  Also, will be looking for a partner if these answers fit my availability.  Hate having to rush on a game I paid decent money for and hasn't even really been out for long.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, BlackJudas77 said:

Seemingly I can't seem to find out any straight answers on this, how long the MP trophies would take, what kind of commitment is needed in these 15 days etc.  Also, will be looking for a partner if these answers fit my availability.  Hate having to rush on a game I paid decent money for and hasn't even really been out for long.

same here. the game was only out for almost exactly 2 years i think, too bad.

i really would love to get this done, too.

@Metal Slime King so it seems the "Complete 1/10/50 Dungeon Crawls" (NOT as DM) can be done offline?

According to TA the dungeon crawls as DM are not too bad and you can basically just spam those possessions/summons in a custom DM game: https://www.trueachievements.com/a219090/dominator-achievement

so this shouldn't be too bad either. 

in the comments you can also find some hints on how to get a dungeon crawl quest done quickly. 

the coop trophy can easily be done in some one else's game as it seems. 

my main problem right now is, that i didn't even start the game at all yet. so i would have to rush through the main campaign rather quickly if i wanna self-boost the coop trophy.

worst case you really have to play through five more times for the all classes / all races trophies, if that even works via coop at all anyway.

Edited by dernop

Everything can be done offline with the exception of coop, 25 dungeons as DM, and 1000/500 summons/possessions.

I have a saved game at the final fight, but it's with my 2nd character who can't carry a new level through it. If anyone has a decently leveled character and needs the coop trophy, send me a message.

Can also help with the dungeon crawls, but I'm in hawaii and have limited availability 

• Like 1

Here are some descriptions w/ time estimates.  I recommend only 2 people since the dm is the only 1 getting credit:

Behind the Scenes" - Complete 1 Dungeon Crawl as Dungeon Master

"Master of Dungeons" - Complete 25 Dungeon Crawls as Dungeon Master

Have the the dm go to the job board and quickly hit X to accept the default 1 floor dungeon.  The player will enter the dungeon. 

It takes 3-5 min to reach the stairs back up to camp & the dm can scout ahead to find the exit.  Estimated time 2-2.5 hours each.  

"Summoner" - Summon 1000 creatures as Dungeon Master

"Dominator" - Possess 500 creatures as Dungeon Master

Summoning 1k takes the longest.  TC and I are having the Dm create a group of 10 goblin lackeys, possess/release each 1, then have the player kill that group of 10 while the dm creates a new group.  Repeat.

Once the dm has possessed 500 the remaining summons should go quicker.  Estimated time: 5-7 hours each. 

Dernop posted a link to an alternate strategy.  If the DM can possess/release the merchant than you wouldn't need a partner.  I will try this tomorrow.  That could shave the time down to 4-5 hours estimate.  I did get into DM mode w/o a partner but couldn't leave camp so I assume the possess trophy can be done offline/later. 

"I got your back" - Complete the Campaign in Co-op.

If you skip side quests you can rush the campaign in 25-30 hours I'd estimate.  

Someone posted that they have a save file at the end and I do too but my time is very limited.  I'll try to help but no promises.  People that get to the end and want to help should consider backing up their save if possible. 

I'd estimate 20-30 minutes if you join someone but as TC mentioned the AI glitched (bring a 2nd high level) and boosting always adds time so set aside 2 hours.  Does someone want to organize a boosting session? 

All other trophies can be earned offline. 

Edited by big_bob002
  • Like 3

55 minutes ago, big_bob002 said:

[...]

I'd estimate 20-30 minutes if you join someone but as TC mentioned the AI glitched (bring a 2nd high level) and boosting always adds time so set aside 2 hours.  Does someone want to organize a boosting session? 

thanks for all the info, much appreciated!

since you seemingly can't get the "hard mode" trophy in coop anyway i guess it would be better to boost the coop one in an "easy" game instead?

i would definitely be interested in boosting this one, because i'd have to play through it completely for it otherwise. i guess the DM stuff can be done more or less from the start?

45 minutes ago, dernop said:

thanks for all the info, much appreciated!

since you seemingly can't get the "hard mode" trophy in coop anyway i guess it would be better to boost the coop one in an "easy" game instead?

i would definitely be interested in boosting this one, because i'd have to play through it completely for it otherwise. i guess the DM stuff can be done more or less from the start?

DM stuff can be done immediately although the player needs to create one to use, which takes 15-20 min.  Also, once in the DM session the player should go to menu/session/ hit triangle to invite some AI characters.  That can be confusing and having a party makes it survivable. 

Giving that AI glitched and just stood there after the mid part of the final battle we spent an hour and got wiped out both times on easy.  Both times I had to grab my backed up save bc after getting wiped in the final battle it glitches and loads you into the mid fight part and you cannot beat the game.  I can't imagine trying on hard unless you have at least 2 high level characters. 

Edited by big_bob002

Hmm well the server shutdown from the PC version isn't that new .. just wondering, that you guys noticed it that late.

I read it already in the beginning of June and decided to platinum it.

I can confirm, that everything beside the Coop Campaign and the Dungeon Leader trophys can be done offline.

The time estimates are kinda confusing, what you mentioned, big_bob.

A campaign run can be done in under 20 hours.

"Summoner" - Summon 1000 creatures as Dungeon Master - your mate runs to the end and wait before the stairs and you keep spawning creatures, until it really laggs hard (I would say 100 should work for 1 run) - takes maybe 1 hour around (some creatures spawn slower, some faster .. just try out, what works best for you)

"Dominator" - Possess 500 creatures as Dungeon Master - you can possess and depossess the same monster over and over again so this maybe takes like 30 mins to maximum 1 hour .. depends on ur skill to press commands fast

Overall I can say, that those loading times are really awful, but the story is worth it .. well maybe not 6-7 times but at least once ;)

And to max every characters level is really annoying .. wish ya good nerves for that one 

Greetings

jB-

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, jayboo1991 said:

Hmm well the server shutdown from the PC version isn't that new .. just wondering, that you guys noticed it that late.

I read it already in the beginning of June and decided to platinum it.

I can confirm, that everything beside the Coop Campaign and the Dungeon Leader trophys can be done offline.

The time estimates are kinda confusing, what you mentioned, big_bob.

A campaign run can be done in under 20 hours.

"Summoner" - Summon 1000 creatures as Dungeon Master - your mate runs to the end and wait before the stairs and you keep spawning creatures, until it really laggs hard (I would say 100 should work for 1 run) - takes maybe 1 hour around (some creatures spawn slower, some faster .. just try out, what works best for you)

"Dominator" - Possess 500 creatures as Dungeon Master - you can possess and depossess the same monster over and over again so this maybe takes like 30 mins to maximum 1 hour .. depends on ur skill to press commands fast

Overall I can say, that those loading times are really awful, but the story is worth it .. well maybe not 6-7 times but at least once ;)

And to max every characters level is really annoying .. wish ya good nerves for that one 

Greetings

jB-

Thx for the great information :) 

Does anybody who has already got the DM trophies know if having the DM option "unlimited threat" turned on invalidate your progress towards "Summoner" / "Dominator"? Also someone told me DM matches should be public not private or the trophies don't pop, any thoughts? It feels like I've done well over 25 DM dungeons and the trophy hasn't popped yet, I don't know if they have to be done in one session or if they are not saving when I exit or what. :angry:

Regarding the campaign, i have found one site with instructions on how to complete campaign tasks, may speed things up for people. Site here.