Server didn't shutdown July 25th. 2018 - Lots of boosting tips in this thread.

I can confirm that you can solo the possession trophy "Dominator" by repeatedly possessing / releasing any of the shopkeepers in the camp. As DM you need to load into the camp area with at least one other player character present, otherwise the shopkeeper characters don't spawn but once you've loaded camp and the shopkeepers are there that other player is free to leave and you can solo your possessions. I had to do around 350 possessions (so it saved some of my previous progress) and it took around 30 minutes. I didn't have to move the characters I possessed or do anything with them, I just repeatedly selected Possess / Release from the menu.

just to throw some more info into this thread:

i started the game yesterday evening and quickly power-leveled my main/first character (dex-based, dual-wield fighter. very strong / borderline OP according to steam guide) with the little XP "exploit" i read about in the IGN guide :

• Start a NEW Rage of Demons story (solo, easy)
  • Go right and up the stairs to talk to the female NPC near the fireplace
  • Go back down where you came from and exit the area
  • Assemble your team (doesn't matter) and fast-travel to the only available place
  • On arrival (long loading screen), you will get 1200XP for completing the quest
  • Save and Exit, repeat

It takes about 5-7 minutes per round, depending on loading times, but you can get to level 7 or even 8 relatively quickly to give yourself a head-start for hard mode or just to make easy even easier i guess. After all we're on the clock here :P

I will now begin the game on easy and try to rush through the main quests only first to get the coop trophy done as soon as possible. Hard mode in NG+ with this overleveled character (and especially with the allegedly "OP" fighter build) should hopefully be a cake-walk then. Even if this adds an additional playthrough to my journey.

Btw i personally will be using the gamepressure guide for getting through the main quests quickly. I made quite "ok" experiences with GP guides in the past, they are certainly not the best but always got me through the games without many problems: https://guides.gamepressure.com/swordcoastlegends/
Guide looks quite decent so far, with all those maps etc.

I wish everyone good luck for the race to a new (most likely forever) UR plat :)

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Conker said:

@dernop thx for linking that guide and letting us know about the cool exploit :) 

p.s I also will need someone to help me with the co-op trophy

you are very welcome! :)

i will let you know when i make it to the end and have an end-boss backup save, if you still need the coop trophy then.

if you'd do the same in case you reach that point first, that would be highly appreciated of course ;)

@dernop I read that it only checks difficulty for the final mission.  I tried to change it but I did it too late.  Here's some very minor spoilers with a brief explanation of what you can try. 

At the end of the duergar (dwarf) city is a boss.  After the boss but before interacting with the Moontear, change the difficulty to hard.  There's not much left after that. 

I got the coop trophy this morning and I can verify this works.  There's a point of no return.  It involves an orange portal and the game gives you a few warnings.  I went through the portal, exited the game and backed up my save to USB (or cloud if you have ps+).  This gave me multiple attempts to beat the game with a coop partner (if you lose you WILL need the backed up save or you cannot beat the game w/o going through the entire campaign again).  In coop you can't pause so make sure to assign healing potions (menu/inventory/highlight potion/ triangle).  During play hold R2/L2 at the same time to bring up the wheel and you can highlight and use potions. 

When fighting the last guy on hard solo you can use the touch pad to pause the game.  Go to inventory.  Hit left on the cross pad to get to the characters and use R1 or L1 to highlight a character.  Now hit right on the cross pad to get over to inventory/consumables and hit x on a potion.  When you go back to the game and unpause with the touch pad the character will use the potion.  Adds strategy and makes it much more manageable. 

Edited by big_bob002
  • Like 2

I haven't played much of this game yet.

What about these tips?

https://www.trueachievements.com/a219085/jack-of-all-trades-achievement

Seems like an awesome way to level up. If it is true that you can get from level 12 to 20 in one hour. We're probably looking at 1.5~2 hours to level up each one of the 6 classes needed for XP.

Then, it would be missing just finishing the story 6 times, which of course is a pain in the ass, but at least there would be no worries levelling up :D

• Like 1

I have been trying this and it does give a bonus the summoning grind, but seems pretty slow for levelling.  Best combination for me so far was kiling a Duergar cleric with beserkers for 24xp every 6 seconds or so, but this yields less than cheesing the first quest of the rage of demons story, and causes occassional crashes.  Happy to try a better combination if anyone finds it.

14 hours ago, dernop said:

just to throw some more info into this thread:

i started the game yesterday evening and quickly power-leveled my main/first character (dex-based, dual-wield fighter. very strong / borderline OP according to steam guide) with the little XP "exploit" i read about in the IGN guide :

• Start a NEW Rage of Demons story (solo, easy)
  • Go right and up the stairs to talk to the female NPC near the fireplace
  • Go back down where you came from and exit the area
  • Assemble your team (doesn't matter) and fast-travel to the only available place
  • On arrival (long loading screen), you will get 1200XP for completing the quest
  • Save and Exit, repeat

It takes about 5-7 minutes per round, depending on loading times, but you can get to level 7 or even 8 relatively quickly to give yourself a head-start for hard mode or just to make easy even easier i guess. After all we're on the clock here :P

I will now begin the game on easy and try to rush through the main quests only first to get the coop trophy done as soon as possible. Hard mode in NG+ with this overleveled character (and especially with the allegedly "OP" fighter build) should hopefully be a cake-walk then. Even if this adds an additional playthrough to my journey.

Btw i personally will be using the gamepressure guide for getting through the main quests quickly. I made quite "ok" experiences with GP guides in the past, they are certainly not the best but always got me through the games without many problems: https://guides.gamepressure.com/swordcoastlegends/
Guide looks quite decent so far, with all those maps etc.

I wish everyone good luck for the race to a new (most likely forever) UR plat :)

Thank you so much for the info!

What's the "Fighter build" you talking about it? I'm interested. :P

*facepalm*  Playing the DM mode on 'hard' gives significantly more XP, and I now see how that level jump could be done in the suggested time.

@jayboo - I think you need to level 6 separate chars (one per class) to level 20, so a XP grinding method would be a big time-saver.

Possibly this method could boost 4 people at once? Not sure if XP is shared.

9 hours ago, JorgeSleep said:

Thank you so much for the info!

What's the "Fighter build" you talking about it? I'm interested. :P

it's a dexterity based fighter, dual-wielding rapiers. getting the special weapon "swift" later on will make you attack twice as fast. combined with the high critical hits and all the recommended skills i can already see how this trivializes the game (most likely even on hard mode). but i'm not really there yet, so i can't tell you for sure.

here is the detailed guide: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=544039136

7 hours ago, colfish said:

*facepalm*  Playing the DM mode on 'hard' gives significantly more XP, and I now see how that level jump could be done in the suggested time.

@jayboo - I think you need to level 6 separate chars (one per class) to level 20, so a XP grinding method would be a big time-saver.

Possibly this method could boost 4 people at once? Not sure if XP is shared.

if this method really works like mentioned, i guess it would be best to just create six characters right from the get go (one for each class) and level them all up first, as long as the servers are still online. also don't forget to give each character/class another race (for the "Dedicated" trophy), so you just have to quickly rush through the story with your maxed char, once all that other stuff is done.

just as a reminder: you have to create the following race/class characters (Warlock and Tiefling from DLC are not needed):

Classes:
Rogue
Wizard
Paladin
Ranger 
Fighter
Cleric

Races:
Elf
Half-Elf
Halfling
Human
Dwarf

(Source: https://www.trueachievements.com/a219097/dedicated-achievement)

Edited by dernop
  • Like 4

A tip for summoner - works similar to possessions trophy. Can load a dungeon with 1 other player and that player can leave the game and the DM will remain.  Can spawn a set of elites and set them to friendly, then just keep summoning goblin flunkies and let your elite group kill them until summoner pops

Edited by AJ_-_808
Typoes
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, AJ_-_808 said:

A tip for summoner - works similar to possessions trophy. Can load a dungeon with 1 other player and that player can leave the game and the DM will remain.  Can spawn a set of elites and set them to friendly, then just keep summoning goblin flunkies and let your elite group kill them until summoner pops

i actually used "Spider Eggs" from the Spider or Beast group for this, since they can be killed super quickly and don't even spawn bodies if they get destroyed in egg form, thus not lagging out the game at all. You can more or less just spam them super quickly and the elites (i used Undead -> Ikkuzus for that) can kill them instantly. When the Ikkuzus have their "fire aura" activated you can even spawn-kill the eggs if you spawn them inside said aura.

I got the summoner trophy in only 2 or 3 DM sessions that way and it took me only around one hour. I tried different stuff before and restarted DM a couple of times, i'm almost sure you can do the summons in only one DM game that way.

So if you want to combine this with leveling up the other player inside the dungeon, use Giant Spider instead for more XP gain. If you only want "Summoner", use spider eggs.

For the possessions i really just spammed "possess/release" over and over again on a camp shopkeeper. It is literally just spamming: UP UP UP X, over and over again and took me around 30 minutes.

Pretty sure i already did more than 25 DM games last evening so this definitely seems a bit buggy. Unfortunately PSN servers had some problems last night, so i was forced to stop and will continue this weekend. You can really get those DM runs down to 1-2 minutes tops (without loading times ofc) once you know what to do. 

I captured a quick video of me doing three of those runs in around 10 minutes (including loading times), so this really isn't too bad. If i can i will upload this to youtube later, if someone would like some visual aid on that.

It's quite fun to be honest and the deadline even adds some challenge/motivation to all that. :)

• Like 2

7 hours ago, JorgeSleep said:

Same here with 25 matches as Dungeon Master. :(  And I have only played as DM.

just got my 25 DM trophy about three games after my alt account got the 50 dungeon crawls trophy. I started both together and only played with those two accounts since yesterday so i did at least 50 DM games overall i'd say. Not sure tho

Perhaps they copypasta'd the achievement/trophy stuff and accidentally check for 50 games too, like with the dungeon crawls?! oh well, just glad it's over.

Btw here is a quick video, as promised, how i did ALL of my DM games, so that definitely works out eventually:

I did three full runs, including all loading screens, in this video and it's under 9m long. So it's really not THAT bad

andnow i'm gonna grind out some levels :P 

Edited by dernop
  • Like 1

I only need 25 Dm crawls and 1000 spawns but with psn acting up I don't think I'll get it. 

I figure if it's glitchy and you need to do 50 of them, 3 min for the run, 2 min to load.  That's 3-4 hours.  

I suppose based on the video it might be more like 2.5 hours.  Just button mash some spawns before the player exits. 

We do have 2 weekends left so hopefully I can get this done.  Plus I can help people boost the coop trophy but really want these dm trophies out of the way. 

Edit: somehow managed to squeeze in 2.5 hours today and I'm all done.  Let me know if anyone needs help boosting and I can try. 

Edited by big_bob002
  • Like 1

I think 25 Dungeon Crawls glitched on me. I did one Dungeon Crawl as the dude running it and the rest as DM. The game crashed twice on me...I managed to get the 10 Dungeon Crawl trophy, 1 dungeon crawl trophy, and 1 dungeon crawl as a DM, then nothing. I think I'm screwed out of a Platinum.