Server didn't shutdown July 25th. 2018 - Lots of boosting tips in this thread.

I had this glitch the first time I went through Co-op on someone else's save file as well. I don't know if it's from having the Cleric in the party and a result of the choice made regarding the Moontear or not. Second time I went through Co-op the player picked saving the Moontear and the Cleric wasn't in the party and it seemed like the one AI in the party functioned normally.

Thanks Metal Slime King.  I just tried it without the Cleric in the party and destroying the stone, with same result.  But as you suggested making the cleric do her thing wakes the rest of them up and the last bit is easy if you have some potions.

Appreciate your help.  Thank you!!!

Were you in single player or coop when the AI died?  It's worked every time for me in single player and stopped every time in coop. 

What's worse is the 1st two times I tried with Metal Slime King we got stuck in that mid battle part and I restored my backed up saves.  You're saying you can definitely choose the "Restore" option from the menu to get out of that? 

Edited by big_bob002

Coop.

Sorry, I wasn't clear.  If I selected restore I stayed in the same room and the next cut-scene didn't trigger and I was stuck.  When I selected 'Load last save' it went back to the forlorn cliffs and I was able to make my way back through to the ending again.  If your party is wiped out it does a 'restore', which is fine for the first battle, but if your AI isn't working on the second part, it will still be off after the 'restore'.  Although one time the AI did come back on after being wiped out, but I don't know what actually happened as I left the screen through frustration and came back mid cut-scene.  It is only the last time after seeing Metal Slime King's suggestion that I got through without any problems.

One occasion when the second battle boss was down to about 25% health the quest complete message came up, so it may trigger the 'Dedicated' trophy element for that character, but until I do the others I can't be sure.

Edited by colfish

You have to sacrifice the cleric to prevent the glitches in the second phase!

Then you can also make a backup save right there so you just have to fight the second phase of the boss if helping someone with Dedicated ;)

And yeah, you can definitely use the load last save option from the menu to get out of it, but you will have to replay some minutes of gameplay and go to the final boss again etc. Nothing too bad tho

Edited by dernop

can a lv 20 help powerlevel me through 1-2 dungeons within the next few hrs? Should be really quick. That should allegedly get me close to lv 20, so then I can start my [hard] playthrough and carry my friends thru the final boss tmrw

Edited by Thropy_Hore

Just wondering something, can the trophy for completing 50 dungeon crawls unlock if you only do them as the dungeon master? I know the one for doing 10 unlocked whilst I was dm,

Just wanna know if all the matches I’ve done as dm after getting the master of dungeons was all a waste or I should just keep going since it’s most likely gonna unlock late?

50 dungeon crawls can be done as DM, player or combination of both.  As noted elsewhere the counter is glitchy on DM, not sure if it is as a player as well (I lost count).  Off-line solo may count for this too, but I have not tried to confirm.

I've managed to boost most of the other trophies with a friend of mine, but I can't find anybody with an end-game save for the co-op trophy. Is anybody willing to help me out? I have pretty open availability the next few days.

PSN: KarmicEcho

I'd really appreciate it! Thank you. :)

Edited by KarmicEcho
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, APCGrayLocked said:

So, this is the last day before server closure, although Ars on playstationtrophies said that nothing will happen, probably. I hope that he's right.

Ars's post: https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/6254974-post9284.html

I started this a couple of days ago.  Got lucky and found someone (a random) who was after the co-op trophy that was at the end of the game :)

After grinding DM and playing the story I can say unless these are some of the worst servers around, the game is p2p.  There's way too much lag for it to be a dedicated server, and unlike the PC version, PS4 players do not need to create an account nor log in to the SCL servers.  So I'm going to agree with Ars that I doubt the PS4 online will be gone.

• Like 1

I reconfirm that there is no way to unlock Truly Outrageous trophy through the save point of another player. I tried to do it with a friend, he joining my game with a character that had started the Campaign in Hard, but there was no luck.

The time I tried it with @dernop, I joined him with a PC on Easy difficulty so I thought that was the reason why I did not get the trophy.

Edited by JorgeSleep
  • Like 1

just in case servers do close, anyone want to boost Dedicated and possibly some XP afterwards??

i have an OP level 17 fighter with the final checkpoint of deciding the Cleric's fate. ideally i can find a partner with the same save & a similarly powerful character

13 hours ago, APCGrayLocked said:

So, this is the last day before server closure, although Ars on playstationtrophies said that nothing will happen, probably. I hope that he's right.

Ars's post: https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/6254974-post9284.html

Well it wouldn't be the first time I got burned making a thread for a game with closing servers that didn't actually close, see the first LittleBigPlanet Karting thread. I heard about it then looked on the web for anything that might corroborate it. I found the link I posted in the op where a guy posted a concern on DE's Warframe forum that a dev eventually confirmed. The first question in response was:

"I bought this on PS4 a long time ago but was way too busy at the time to add another game to my rotation. Does this announcement have impact on that version? I assume this is just the online components?"

To which the dev responded:

"Correct. This should only affect online servers."

Which I took as confirmation that online aspects of the PS4 version would be effected as well. So maybe the PS4 version is all P2P and no one has to worry or maybe some functionality in the game will get shut down tomorrow. I don't know. I do know that everyone that finished up in this period don't have to worry about it though.

1 hour ago, Metal Slime King said:

Well it wouldn't be the first time I got burned making a thread for a game with closing servers that didn't actually close, see the first LittleBigPlanet Karting thread. I heard about it then looked on the web for anything that might corroborate it. I found the link I posted in the op where a guy posted a concern on DE's Warframe forum that a dev eventually confirmed. The first question in response was:

"I bought this on PS4 a long time ago but was way too busy at the time to add another game to my rotation. Does this announcement have impact on that version? I assume this is just the online components?"

To which the dev responded:

"Correct. This should only affect online servers."

Which I took as confirmation that online aspects of the PS4 version would be effected as well. So maybe the PS4 version is all P2P and no one has to worry or maybe some functionality in the game will get shut down tomorrow. I don't know. I do know that everyone that finished up in this period don't have to worry about it though.

I wouldn't worry about reporting false info or anything.  The OP was pretty clear that info was hard to come by and the publisher hasn't been up front with exactly what's happening. 

It's better to get the warning out there.  Although what started as a simple 2 person boosting session became something much, much bigger. 

• Like 1

On the contrary to what others have said about hard mode trophy (truly outrageous) can be earned in coop. 

Host doesnt even have to have played on hard from start. 

Host needs to go to ingame options and put hard difficulty on. Then one who joins starts new campaign (use minor char or backup your main char save) and chooses hard difficulty and go to prologue. Now host invites the other guy(s) and you go to beat last boss. 

I did hard mode trophy this way with friend. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Kavatus said:

On the contrary to what others have said about hard mode trophy (truly outrageous) can be earned in coop. 

Host needs to go to ingame options and put hard difficulty on. Then one who joins starts new campaign (use minor char or backup your main char save) and chooses hard difficulty and go to prologue. Now host invites the other guy(s) and you go to beat last boss. 

Yeah I just earned it this way (sort of). Have a friend helping me out to get the coop trophy, he was playing on hard and invited me and someone else right before the boss died. We joined and he killed the boss before we actually fully loaded in and it popped act 3 and the hard playthrough trophy for me during the loading screen, but for some reason not the coop trophy. I've got the trophy screenshots for it and a video of the game bugging out after if anyone wants to see what happens.

Just redid the same thing and it popped the trophy for the other person now too. 

Edited by Gage

5 hours ago, Kavatus said:

You're right, it works. Confirmed!!!

6 hours ago, Kavatus said:

It does work! Just got it with a friend! Thanks for the heads up!! 

3 hours ago, JorgeSleep said:

You're right, it works. Confirmed!!!

huh, that's strange. what exactly did you do differently this time from when we tested this? i'm just curious why we couldn't get it to work the last time ?

i can confirm that Veteran Dungeoneer trophy can be obtained in single player as well, because i have beated 60+ dungeon crawls on single player with thief and the stealth skill (that turns the thief invisible to the enemies, although some spotted me anyway) before the trophy finally unlocks with another crawl beated online (after i beated 25 crawls online as Dungeon Master)

Edited by APCGrayLocked
  • Like 1