crimsonidol38

Vita's 7th anniversary event (event officially over)

821 posts in this topic

On 12/2/2018 at 6:15 AM, Bos10George said:

I'll be honest, I totally forgot about this. However, I am in fact on my 3rd Neptunia game and the timing should line up perfectly for the Japanese anniversary! So my offer will be Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth3: V Generation.

 

Please add Claire to the Japanese day. Trying to sequence the Vita event, my 100th platinum, and the gaming numbers event. December is going to be busy!

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Alternatewarning said:

Adding a game to my list!  I know I've been quiet for a long time but I've just been grinding away on games, haha.

I'm adding Persona 3: Dancing in Moonlight.  Maybe P5 too, we'll see how fast I get to the one trophy left stage.

 

 

Got your list updated with P3: DiM. :)

 

5 hours ago, Bos10George said:

 

Please add Claire to the Japanese day. Trying to sequence the Vita event, my 100th platinum, and the gaming numbers event. December is going to be busy!

 

Got you updated.

I saw your status update and seems like you want to tackle even more tasks in the upcoming days. Even if it's still some time until then I hope that everything will go smoothly with the move! :)

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Myu said:

 

I would recommend to wait for the PS4 version which is, hopefully, better than what they did on Vita.

I enjoyed the story and I really liked the characters, especially Shougo, but the battles are stupidly long, boring and tedious for very little xp. And there's the save glitch too that makes it very risky to save in dungeons (and some dungeons are quite lengthy). The only safe option was to go back to the school entrance, save, and do it all over again. The game crashed a few times too, making me lose two to three hours of progress. It was kind of stressful.

But I'm still planning on buying it and playing it again on PS4 :D

 

How is P3 DiM? I didn't get a chance to play it yet but I hope it's a little better than P4D DaN. :)

 

I can wait, then.  Already lose hours of FFX progress and that...I still feel the pain.

 

Personally, I like P3 DiM but I also like P4D DaN so I'm probably the wrong person to ask.  The exchange of a story mode for social events works a little better, I think, but I do kind of miss the story mode.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Spy Chameleon

Lbb4510.png

Glad I'm done with this. When I started this game I thought I was going to like it but somehow I've grown to like it less and less the more I played it.

 

The gameplay is fine but something just feels off about the game and the audio is just horrendous. Until now I've never played a game that made me mute it on purpose but the OST sounds so weird and the damn noises the chameleon makes every time you change color are incredibly unfitting and annoying. Since this is the main gimmick of the game, you are constantly hearing these noises. Yesterday on my way back home from school I pulled my Vita and my headphones out of my bag by habit and just ended up putting my headphones away again the moment I realized what I would be playing because I'd rather hear nothing than the audio of this game.

 

Definitely can't recommend it but I'm popping the plat on the Japanese anniversary anyways in order to prove once again that most western games on the Vita just aren't that great.

 

2064: Read Only Memories

Lb24996.png

Now that this is done, I guess I'm gonna try and go for the 2064:ROM plat once again. I've continued my last failed playthrough to the point that I'm only missing the final chapter and if everything ends up working out, I'll be able to just mindlessly choose any dialogue choices I want in my Iron Rom runs. Since I'll still need to pay some attention to the game, I will probably go ahead and start up Steins;Gate from this month's PSPlus lineup. I'm still a bit annoyed that it isn't cross buy with the Vita version, but I guess beggars can't be choosers, right? I did watch the anime a couple years ago but I'd probably enjoy checking out some of the paths that weren't adapted and like I said, it's probably the perfect game to play alongside "Press :cross: Simulator 2019".

 

 

I've also started up Papers Please on Sunday when I didn't manage to force myself through some more Spy Chameleon but while the gameplay is perfect for the Vita, the game is way too stressful for my already stress-filled week. If my prayers to RNGesus work in my favor and I actually manage to complete a full run of 2064 without the game crashing halfway through, I'll probably try to squeeze this game in as well. 

 

On 12/9/2018 at 1:17 PM, Crimson Idol said:

Sorry to hear that you have to experience such problems with the game. Hearing about such crashes when there's a trophy that doesn't allow you to die or reload a save is kinda shitty. Personally I'm glad that I just wiped my Vita right when I realized that I wouldn't enjoy 2064 after reaching the beginning of chapter 2. Even if I'm not too worried abut my completion rate (heck, there's a whole bunch of games I will never play again), it's still nice if I'm not constantly reminded that I played this game. Hope you will have less problems with Spy Chameleon.

I still stand by my opinion that both the story and the choice of trophies are great, but yeah, random crashes in a game without auto saves is annoying enough, even when there isn't a trophy that requires you to finish a playthrough in one go.

 

The story really gets going towards the end of chapter two but I was severely disappointed by how little the choices actually influence how the characters act. Most scenarios were only altered by a single line of text in my jerk playthrough but at least that explains why Jess treated me like trash even though I was always nice to her, it's just exactly the same attitude she shows when you're bombarding her with cat jokes. I guess if you realized you weren't going to like the game, it's a good thing you realized it as fast as you did.

 

On 12/9/2018 at 1:17 PM, Crimson Idol said:

On a personal note:
I started playing Hatoful Boyfriend a few days ago and honestly I don't feel like this is a VN I will enjoy at all. It's not about it's quirkiness as I don't mind more obscure VN-settings but I didn't feel like it was an enjoyable read as there was barely any progression and the few routes I read felt way too rushed. Not to forget that the lack of standard features like a text-backlog or the possibility to only skip already read lines (and not all lines) combined with the choppy animations and the distorted sounds don't really help to raise the expectation.

Therefor I will remove both Hatofuls from my list for the japanese anniversary and instead I will focus a bit more on the NA-stack for Cosmic Star Heroine.

Sad to hear you didn't enjoy the game as I really loved it but yeah, it's quite rough around the edges. What routes did you finish? I found the routes of the bird in the library, the doctor and Anghel's route to be the most interesting ones. The final route is also very interesting as it's a lot longer than the others and does some quite unexpected things.

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, xFalionx said:

Spy Chameleon

Lbb4510.png

 

Congrats, I guess? :D

I can understand your feelings towards the game. At first it seems like a decent game but as soon as you realize that there's only one track that plays the whole time it starts to nag on your sanity. Still need to go for all the challenges but I lack the motivation somehow.

 

2 hours ago, xFalionx said:

Definitely can't recommend it but I'm popping the plat on the Japanese anniversary anyways in order to prove once again that most western games on the Vita just aren't that great.

 

IIRC you wanted to surpass the amount of finished games from last time, right? For now you would at least have an equal amount of games ready (10 in total), which is quite astonishing (even if some of them are mediocre at best) :o

 

2 hours ago, xFalionx said:

Sad to hear you didn't enjoy the game as I really loved it but yeah, it's quite rough around the edges. What routes did you finish? I found the routes of the bird in the library, the doctor and Anghel's route to be the most interesting ones. The final route is also very interesting as it's a lot longer than the others and does some quite unexpected things.

 

So far I only got the endings for Nageki (the library bird), the café-ending and the one for the little sparrow Azami. So not that many endings right now and my opinion might still change but I won't force myself to read the stories right now. Time is quite limited since a few weeks and I more feel like spending it with games I enjoy rather than ones where I just think they are okay.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Crimson Idol said:

Congrats, I guess? :D

I can understand your feelings towards the game. At first it seems like a decent game but as soon as you realize that there's only one track that plays the whole time it starts to nag on your sanity. Still need to go for all the challenges but I lack the motivation somehow.

Thanks, I guess. :)  Actually, when I accidentally left the volume up for a little too long (tragic mistake) I noticed that there are a few more tracks in the later stages but they're all trash. Each and every one of them.

 

Good luck with the challenges, there were a few annoying ones but for the most part they are pretty doable. I'm surprised at the completion rate, though. 13% is quite a bit more than I would have thought since it isn't that easy but I guess the only people who are playing the game knew in advance that they were gonna get the plat no matter what.

 

Quote

IIRC you wanted to surpass the amount of finished games from last time, right? For now you would at least have an equal amount of games ready (10 in total), which is quite astonishing (even if some of them are mediocre at best) :o

I actually didn't care about the number of games and was more concerned with the number of plats but now that I have Plus for a little while longer, and since I likely won't renew my PSPlus until I get a PS4 eventually because it just isn't worth it for me without the PS3 and PSVita IGC, my plan is to try out any game that at least remotely interests me and to try and get as many of those done as possible before I'm gonna be unable to play them again. Since my PSPlus will run out before the western anniversary and simply because I'm part of this event I figured, I might as well try out the Vita games first and finish them in time for the Japanese anniversary.

 

I actually don't think that many of my games were mediocre but then again, I don't have the highest of standards and usually, when a game is made with love and not with greed, I tend to enjoy it. If I were to order my games it would go somewhat like this:

Spoiler

 

Great games:

Hotline Miami (Both a blast to play and to plat)

2064: ROM (Great story but a serious pain to plat on Vita)

Tales of Hearts R (You can tell wether an RPG is good when you don't mind the grind at all)

Freedom Wars (Loved the setting and liked that the plat wasn't much harder than just beating the game)

 

Good games:

Hatoful Boyfriend (Not the greatest VN out there but very surprising developments exceeded my expectations by far)

MotorStorm RC (Quite enjoyable little racing game)

The Bridge (Enjoyed both the puzzles and the art style)

 

Mediocre games:

Bury Men At Sea (While I think it's too short and would have been better with a longer story instead of the branches, the game feels like it was made with love and the three main story paths are fairly unique experiences)

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale (I feel like it's just another Smash Bros ripoff with Sony branding but it was alright)

 

Bad games:

Jak 2 (Thanks to the disgraceful Vita port :shakefist:)

Spy Chameleon (Enough reasons above)

 

 

I think it's just natural to have a few black sheep in there somewhere. After all, curiosity killed the cat and now I have to dispose of some bodies before my Plus ends. :D 

 

Quote

So far I only got the endings for Nageki (the library bird), the café-ending and the one for the little sparrow Azami. So not that many endings right now and my opinion might still change but I won't force myself to read the stories right now. Time is quite limited since a few weeks and I more feel like spending it with games I enjoy rather than ones where I just think they are okay.

I think a quick way to pique your curiosity might be getting a quick neutral ending. ;) 

 

Of course, if you have other games you'd rather play waiting for you it would be weird not to play them instead.

Edited by xFalionx
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really need to learn how to use this forum better but can confirm that Fullblast, Jack and Jill DX and Super Destronaut DX are ready to pop. Had great fun with these games as I have with most of the games from this developer. Time to crack on with criminal girls (SO. DANG. CLOSE.) and then I can continue with the rest of my list. Time seems to be slipping rapidly away, glad I didn't join for the Japanese event lol.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alrighty, Persona 4 Golden is now ready to pop! All I need to do is defeat Margaret which shouldn't take very long.

 

Since I'm ahead of schedule, I think I'll try to get one last game done for the Japanese anniversary to bring it up to a total of four. I beat 999 in Zero Escape: The Nonary Games a while ago but I still haven't touched VLR, mostly because I've already played that game all the way through without skipping twice. I figured I'd use this event as an excuse to finally 100% the collection.

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11.12.2018 at 11:14 PM, xFalionx said:

Good luck with the challenges, there were a few annoying ones but for the most part they are pretty doable. I'm surprised at the completion rate, though. 13% is quite a bit more than I would have thought since it isn't that easy but I guess the only people who are playing the game knew in advance that they were gonna get the plat no matter what.

 

Before the game went to PS+ it was even higher. Somewhere around 25% IIRC. But I guess this comes from the fact that most people that play such niche games are quite dedicated. :D

 

On 11.12.2018 at 11:14 PM, xFalionx said:

I think a quick way to pique your curiosity might be getting a quick neutral ending. ;) 

 

Any advice which of the endings is a neutral ending that might pique my interest? :P

 

On 12.12.2018 at 0:17 AM, Malachen said:

Really need to learn how to use this forum better but can confirm that Fullblast, Jack and Jill DX and Super Destronaut DX are ready to pop.

 

I don't know what you mean with that but got your list updated. :)  

 

On 12.12.2018 at 0:17 AM, Malachen said:

Time seems to be slipping rapidly away, glad I didn't join for the Japanese event lol.

 

I would say that time passing by rather fast is a good sign as it shows that someone has a fulfilled life (or is just unorganized). :ninja:

 

21 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

Since I'm ahead of schedule, I think I'll try to get one last game done for the Japanese anniversary to bring it up to a total of four. I beat 999 in Zero Escape: The Nonary Games a while ago but I still haven't touched VLR, mostly because I've already played that game all the way through without skipping twice. I figured I'd use this event as an excuse to finally 100% the collection.

Congrats. :) 

And reading a game a third time can be tiresome even if it's an enjoyable story. But at least all the puzzles should be easy now. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

Any advice which of the endings is a neutral ending that might pique my interest? :P

The ending you get when you are too indecisive and end up spending too little time with any particular bird to end up on one of their routes. It's usually the first ending I tend to get in these kinds of games. There's some back story to what happens in that ending in the routes of the doctor and Yuuta, I believe, (the doctor's assistant).

 

 

On a different note, I'm currently about three fourths of the way through a playthrough of 2064:ROM without crashing, which is the furthest I got so far. If I didn't jinx it by writing this, I might have a good shot at getting the Iron Rom trophy today. It seems like the game tends to crash less often when played in short bursts rather than one big sitting. 

Edit: Guess who jinxed it... :| We're up to X=4.

Edited by xFalionx
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last update foe the 17th I guess. I managed to wrap up Kyoto Winds ^_^

 

After playaing Hakuoki years ago, I only wanted one thing, Yamazaki's route and I was glad that Kyoto Winds and Wdo Blossom have it xD 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well i didn't prepare any new game yet :( After i finished my first playthrough of 2064 i switched to Cosmic Star Heroine and completed my first run just moments ago. But both were done blind so i have to replay them both...

 

But i have Jak 'n' Jill DX as well as Midnight Deluxe so i'll play those too :D

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

Congrats. :) 

And reading a game a third time can be tiresome even if it's an enjoyable story. But at least all the puzzles should be easy now. 

 

Yeah, which is why I decided to skip through the text this time around - the story is still pretty fresh in my mind. Not something I would usually do, but given the circumstances, I think it's okay. It's pretty much the only way I'll get it done in time. Satoshi wouldn't accept any of these excuses if he were still here, though. :P

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, xFalionx said:

Edit: Guess who jinxed it... :| We're up to X=4.

 

Ouch. :| Sorry to hear that. I guess it's best to put the game on side for now.

 

13 hours ago, JaM said:

Last update foe the 17th I guess. I managed to wrap up Kyoto Winds ^_^

 

Got your status updated. :)

 

11 hours ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

After i finished my first playthrough of 2064 i switched to Cosmic Star Heroine and completed my first run just moments ago. But both were done blind so i have to replay them both...

 

Didn't you create a backup save at the point when the game told you do so (right before the asteroid mission)?

I'm now also past that point and just need to wrap up all optional stuff. I also discovered that I'm now able to enter the Unicorp building that's on the starting planet. For the first time (this is my third time playing the game). And oh boy, I get roasted right at the beginning. Luckily it's totally optional. xD 

 

11 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

Not something I would usually do, but given the circumstances, I think it's okay. It's pretty much the only way I'll get it done in time. Satoshi wouldn't accept any of these excuses if he were still here, though. :P

 

Well, by the time he returns (if he returns at all) he won't notice that someone skipped parts of a Zero Escape-game. :P 

 

9 hours ago, xJustKing said:

Yo , im late to this but can i join ? The february one. 

 

There's no too late (okay, maybe if someone decided to join during the western anniversary) so welcome to the event. Got you added to the list. :) 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I might not be able to plat Senran Kagura for the next few days... I'll stick with Lost Dimension then.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

Didn't you create a backup save at the point when the game told you do so (right before the asteroid mission)?

I'm now also past that point and just need to wrap up all optional stuff. I also discovered that I'm now able to enter the Unicorp building that's on the starting planet. For the first time (this is my third time playing the game). And oh boy, I get roasted right at the beginning. Luckily it's totally optional. xD

 

No i didn't. I saved too close to the end of the game and couldn't go back anymore. And even if had done that i doubt i could get all optional stuff, i didn't collect anything at the festival although i did beat the monster cat on that festival :D ... but besides that i don't have enough time to get the Plat for the Japanese Anniversary as planned... i doubt i'll complete God of War Ghost of Sparta (for the Gaming by Numbres Event) before i finish Zero Time Dilemma :(

Edited by Evil_Joker88
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

No i didn't. I saved too close to the end of the game and couldn't go back anymore. And even if had done that i doubt i could get all optional stuff, i didn't collect anything at the festival although i did beat the monster cat on that festival :D ...

 

Well, how we say in german: Persönliches Pech :P 

AFAIK the clock is only required to get the vending machine as a crew member but there's still a few spare members and besides the ones listed in the guide itself there's also another member that's mentioned in the comments and which, unlike the green cat Paws (and the vending machine) isn't missable. So it should have been possible to get everything done.

 

1 hour ago, Caju_94 said:

I think I might not be able to plat Senran Kagura for the next few days...

 

1 hour ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

but besides that i don't have enough time to get the Plat for the Japanese Anniversary as planned...

 

Don't you both worry to much about getting everything done as planned. It's an event that should be fun after all. :) 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Crimson Idol said:

 

Well, how we say in german: Persönliches Pech :P 

AFAIK the clock is only required to get the vending machine as a crew member but there's still a few spare members and besides the ones listed in the guide itself there's also another member that's mentioned in the comments and which, unlike the green cat Paws (and the vending machine) isn't missable. So it should have been possible to get everything done.

 

Don't you both worry to much about getting everything done as planned. It's an event that should be fun after all. :) 

 

I think i could have gotten 20 crew members yes but there's a trophy for chasing some rats in Genneha District which i didn't get :( ...

 

It should be fun? Yeah i agree :) and that's why i didn't read a trophy guide before now :)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

but there's a trophy for chasing some rats in Genneha District which i didn't get :( ...

 

There's a person on the upper side of Gehenna in front of one of the buildings who will task you to chase away the rats. After chasing them away you have to talk to him again to pop the trophy. At least that's when it popped for me.

But tbh, I also noticed some weird bugs while playing the game a third time. E.g. I wasn't able to purchase the dress from the tailorbot on Rhomu but I was able to enter Enzo's (?) mansion nonetheless. So it might be the case that the trigger for the trophy didn't activate when you chased away the four rats.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

 

There's a person on the upper side of Gehenna in front of one of the buildings who will task you to chase away the rats. After chasing them away you have to talk to him again to pop the trophy. At least that's when it popped for me.

But tbh, I also noticed some weird bugs while playing the game a third time. E.g. I wasn't able to purchase the dress from the tailorbot on Rhomu but I was able to enter Enzo's (?) mansion nonetheless. So it might be the case that the trigger for the trophy didn't activate when you chased away the four rats.

 

I didn't chase the rats away i didn't know this could be done :P

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

 

I didn't chase the rats away i didn't know this could be done :P

 

Oh, okay. You don't play many (J)RPGs inspired by the 16bit-era, or? Seems like you didn't interact much with the environment.:D:P 

About the rats: You just chase them away by walking towards/over them. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Crimson Idol said:

 

Oh, okay. You don't play many (J)RPGs inspired by the 16bit-era, or? Seems like you didn't interact much with the environment.:D:P 

About the rats: You just chase them away by walking towards/over them. 

 

You got me there :D ... this is my first game of such style :P  ... i only read the names of similar ones (Chrono Trigger or early Final Fantasy)... but i enjoyed the game so far, i do love the turn based combat system for example. That's one of the reasons why i like FFX more than FFX-2 :D ... if you know some similar games on PSV or PS4 pls say so :)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going to have to swap Ys: Memories of Celceta with Persona 4G for the second event date, just to give an advance notice. Will still pop Valkyrie Drive for 17th.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

 

You got me there :D ... this is my first game of such style :P  ... i only read the names of similar ones (Chrono Trigger or early Final Fantasy)... but i enjoyed the game so far, i do love the turn based combat system for example. That's one of the reasons why i like FFX more than FFX-2 :D ... if you know some similar games on PSV or PS4 pls say so :)

 

Similar games, similar games... hmm. :hmm:

There's actually a whole bunch of (J)RPG-games with turn-based combat like the Persona-series, Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel, most of the games published by Koei Tecmo (e.g. the Atelier-series or Blue Reflection), or the Hyperdimension Neptunia-games but I didn't play most of them as the settings don't appeal to me (Persona, Trails of, Atelier) or I wouldn't really recommend them as a good entry point (Hyperdimension).

Games I enjoyed playing were Pier Solar and the Great Architects (the plat is quite challenging due to a minigame), which is quite similar to Cosmic Star Heroine as it also tries to resemble the 16bit-era. Another game I enjoyed is Earthlock which has a more "modern" 3D-look. There's also a demo on the PSN-store which you might give a try. But be aware: There's the vanilla version and the enhance done. The vanilla was delisted on the store but is still available retail and the enhanced one is download-only.

You might also want to take a look at the PS2-classics Dark Cloud, Dark Cloud 2, Rogue Galaxy, and Wild Arms 3 as they are also well-received RPGs. :)

 

Otherwise I would say it's best to address people like @eigen-space or @Mesopithecus as they played way more (J)RPGs on the current systems.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.