Vita's 7th anniversary event (event officially over)

A small note from my side:

Will be busy for today so there won't be any update regarding the lists or a summary for the japanese anniversary.  It will probably be up either tomorrow or Friday.

Still I want to thank everyone who participated so far! :)

13 hours ago, Devil_Max said:

...So i Think its To Late for add my Second and Last One...Sorry Everyone... :(

Just checked via the PlayStation-app (as your profile is hidden on PSNP right now, seems like there are syncing problems) and yep, It would have counted if the plat's time would have been prior 12:00 your local time (the midday one). But you still participated with one game so you don't have to feel sorry. ;) 

• Like 3

Oh man, I've been out of commission for the last 3 months on my vita. Finally got it fixed. First thing I did was link up with my Tetris partner and hammer out some online tetriminos. So far, I'm 10k/100k online lines cleared. I've also earned a trophy in Stealth Inc and Hot Shots. Not too much vita progress lately. Getting there though. That Tetris Ultimate 100% will be mine eventually. 

• Like 1

I personally don't care about this 7th anniversary event.

Though I find it sad that Sony is trying to bury anything involving the Vita under the rug. Didn't do quite as good as the Sony PSP, which was a good portable system and the God of War games Chains of Olympus and Ghost of Sparta ran quite well.

11 hours ago, Phil said:

So far, I'm 10k/100k online lines cleared.

I assume Tetris Ultimate only features normal gameplay? If that's the case then 100k lines, especially doing them online sure sounds like a grind. Puyo Puyo Tetris also has such a trophy but that spans across all game modes and there's the so-called Big Bang-mode where you can get something between 50 and 70 lines per minute:

Spoiler

7 hours ago, coldsphinx93 said:

I'll join this event. I love my vita and I'm sure I can find some games to set up for that timeframe.

Welcome to the event. :) 

6 hours ago, Metal Slime King said:

@Gretchen27 I was just going by the date at the top of the page. :unsure:

6 hours ago, Gretchen27 said:

Yeah, I see that in the title as well. @Crimson Idol can clarify for us since the OP is different. Might just be the number from the December date didn't get changed. 

Sorry for that confusion and thanks for the catch. The correct date would is February 21st 12pm to February 23rd 12pm. Seems like I only updated the date partially and didn't notice it. :facepalm: Fixed it now.  

• Like 1

Yay, I'm third. Congrats @chellesan! :) 

Le451bd.png

I managed to get the last trophy ready to pop yesterday. I'm glad you can save scum the lootboxes, otherwise it would have taken multiple eternities to grind out all of those bubbles needed to buy the costumes. 

Overall it's a fairly run of the mill mobile game with all of the pay to win facets, especially considering the trophies, you could literally buy the hardest trophies since they require you to buy stuff in the store. I'm glad to have this game off my list as the lootbox grind is pretty mind numbing and slow. Otherwise the game is actually pretty fun for a little while until you get into the trophies.

L95819c.png

Got this one done yesterday as well. I was surprised to see it still in my download list despite getting removed from the store maybe a year ago. It's actually quite hard to play now since the servers are down and all of the pay to win aspects, including the free samples that were meant to entice you to buy more, were relying on the servers. Now you can only get the lowest spin reward, which is always gems, making the game much harder than usual. Luckily, the only trophy I had left wasn't affected.

In the end, I managed to complete both games much faster than I anticipated, so I'm pretty glad I'm done with them now. 

• Like 2

Quick question here : has anyone of you tried to transfer a whole Vita game + its data on your computer then transfer the game back a few weeks later to keep playing it? I need to make some space on my Vita but I'm very afraid to discover there was a problem along the way and the data is now corrupted or something.

@Myu

When I finish a game I tend to use the CMA to copy it onto a PC most of the time (unless I disliked the game) and so far I never noticed any problem with corrupted saves or data in general. When I helped Dreamcatcher with Ridge Racer I transfered my data which I backed up back in early 2015 and my data for Gravity Rush (which I backed up in 2013) still works, too. If your PC isn't in a condition where it causes random data corruption like it was for @xFalionx until a few months ago I would say the risk of losing data is quite low. Not to forget that save data can still be send to the PS+-cloud as a safety net.

3 hours ago, xFalionx said:

In the end, I managed to complete both games much faster than I anticipated, so I'm pretty glad I'm done with them now. 

Got you updated. Now I hope that the next or other current games you play are be much more enjoyable. Are you enjoying Papers, Please so far?

Edited by Crimson Idol
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Crimson Idol said:

@Myu

When I finish a game I tend to use the CMA to copy it onto a PC most of the time (unless I disliked the game) and so far I never noticed any problem with corrupted saves or data in general. When I helped Dreamcatcher with Ridge Racer I transfered my data which I backed up back in early 2015 and my data for Gravity Rush (which I backed up in 2013) still works, too. If your PC isn't in a condition where it causes random data corruption like it was for @xFalionx until a few months ago I would say the risk of losing data is quite low. Not to forget that save data can still be send to the PS+-cloud as a safety net.

Thanks for the quick answer! I've already transferred platted games on my computer but I've never really transferred them back to play them again. I'll do the PC + PS+Cloud combo just to be sure. There's never enough space on Vita cards (and my backlog doesn't help) :/

14 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

Stats in short form (can also be seen in this post):

Overall numbers:

Participants who successfully finished at least one game: 23
Different games finished: 49
Finished games total: 57

49 unique games is a lot. I bet the western event will double that number at least. Thanks for all the hard work you've been doing to host & up keep the event! The plat list is great to look through; & linking each individual trophy set is a nice touch :)

@Myu

I used to frequently transfer saves & games from my computer to vita. Never had any issues losing data. Even when bringing a game over to a brand new memory card or back to an old one. I have had connectivity issues with the software though (when using the charging cable). I don't think Sony has issued an update in ages (surprise surprise). But you can pair with your computer via wifi or a PS3 is still the best I've found to transfer data to vita.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Gretchen27 said:

@Myu

I used to frequently transfer saves & games from my computer to vita. Never had any issues losing data. Even when bringing a game over to a brand new memory card or back to an old one. I have had connectivity issues with the software though (when using the charging cable). I don't think Sony has issued an update in ages (surprise surprise). But you can pair with your computer via wifi or a PS3 is still the best I've found to transfer data to vita.

Thanks for the advice. :)

Sony really didn't show Vita enough love.

• Like 1

On 12/20/2018 at 3:15 AM, Crimson Idol said:

I assume Tetris Ultimate only features normal gameplay? If that's the case then 100k lines, especially doing them online sure sounds like a grind. Puyo Puyo Tetris also has such a trophy but that spans across all game modes and there's the so-called Big Bang-mode where you can get something between 50 and 70 lines per minute:

Reveal hidden contents

Yesir. Online only. That's just the grindy part. There's also a super skillful badge that needs to be obtained. The sprint mode completed in under a minute. That's 40 lines cleared, I believe? Something like that. That whole 100% is insane. Only 3 people have it 100% on the vita and 4 people on the ps4 have it done.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kevvik said:

Timing didn't work for me for the Japanese anniversary but hopefully I'll have a couple ready for the NA date.

I've got htol#NiQ: The Firefly Diary ready to go so there's one at least.

Got you added to the participants. :)

16 hours ago, Phil said:

Yesir. Online only. That's just the grindy part. There's also a super skillful badge that needs to be obtained. The sprint mode completed in under a minute. That's 40 lines cleared, I believe? Something like that. That whole 100% is insane. Only 3 people have it 100% on the vita and 4 people on the ps4 have it done.

That's nuts. Seeing how fast people have to act this would be way out of my league. Hope the best for you. BTW: Did you actually consider giving Lumines: Electronic Symphony a try? Might be right up your alley.

18 hours ago, Gretchen27 said:

49 unique games is a lot. I bet the western event will double that number at least. Thanks for all the hard work you've been doing to host & up keep the event! The plat list is great to look through; & linking each individual trophy set is a nice touch :)

Thank you very much for the kind words. It's nice to know that people enjoy the layout as it shows that the work I put into the layout of the raw data was actually worth it. And your guess about the amount of unique games sounds plausible as the number of unique games for the 5th anniversary was 104 (with a total amount of 145 lists).

• Like 1

On 12/21/2018 at 7:40 PM, Crimson Idol said:

Got you updated. Now I hope that the next or other current games you play are be much more enjoyable. Are you enjoying Papers, Please so far?

It wasn't all that bad, honestly. The last two weeks were really taxing, so I was glad to have something that didn't require much thought for those couple days. I don't think I've got any more mediocre games coming up, unless I get some bad surprises in the next Plus lineup. I'm still deciding wether I want to continue Oreshika or go for Atelier Ayesha. The main reason I've been putting Ayesha off is that it already requires two guided playthroughs, so if I wanted to do a blind playthrough that would add up to a total of three playthroughs. I'm not sure how I feel about three back to back playthroughs of the same game but I'd still like to give it a go.

Papers, Please is quite an odd game, as it's more of the interesting experience than the fun content type of game. You can definitely see that the game was made with love and it's pretty immersive. The gameplay is unique and fits the Vita really well as it mainly uses the touchscreen while still making complementary use of the buttons. I think it's one of the few ports that play really well on this console. Since the game is pretty hard and quite stressful as it's easy to make mistakes when you aren't concentrating, I'm mostly playing it in shorter bursts at the moment.

What has caught more of my attention right now is Subnautica, which is available for free on the Epic Games store right now. I was surprised to see that it actually runs fairly decently on my PC on low setting and a fairly low resolution. That's what I've been playing for the last couple days and I'm really enjoying it.

Edited by xFalionx

5 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

That's nuts. Seeing how fast people have to act this would be way out of my league. Hope the best for you. BTW: Did you actually consider giving Lumines: Electronic Symphony a try? Might be right up your alley.

Yup. I have the retail release actually. Will eventuallyget around to it.