What's Your Fav RE game ?

BSAA_Advisor

I'm one of those - rare - people who sees good things in every RE game. I like them all but the one i played the most was a combination of RE4 and RE5, i think RE4 slightly wins.

I like the story of the old ones but i'm not into the gameplay as much. Don't get me wrong, i love the gameplay, the music, the camera angles and the spookiness of the old RE games, but the action in the newest games always entertain me more, rather than the slow-pace and trial and error of the old ones.

I like RE6 but i don't love it, i can swallow it but i like 4 and 5 better.

For me it's a 4-way tie between 3, 6, Revelations & ORC, for the following reasons;

Resident Evil 3: Nemesis: The first RE game I ever played & is still as challenging & enjoyable back then as it is now.

Resident Evil 6: A vast improvement over RE 5 in my opinion, but Jake's & Chris' campaigns were the low points.

Resident Evil: Revelations: The closest the series has gotten back to it's roots, although the creature designs were rather dull, Fenrir in particular, as it bore an uncanny resemblance to the Cerberus from RE 2.

Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City: A change of pace in the series, I knew it was going to be more action-oriented than past titles, and it was a nice change playing the bad guys for once.

As for my most hated, it's between 4, 5 & The Mercenaries 3D, I won't bother going into detail here, but I'll say that The Mercenaries 3D is by far the worst of them all.

RE2. It was the first one I got. I loved the 2 seperate stories with crossovers. Also liked the way that things were slightly different depending on which disk (character) you played with first. RE3 is a close second. Nemesis was scarier than almost anything I've come across in recent years (or maybe I'm just more used to scary stuff nowadays :P). 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgmFDjA8lxU

Resident Evil 2 was one of favourites in the series, did not have some bad replay value either with the B scenarios. I always thought Claire's campaign compared to Leon's was way more difficult as the weapons she had were nothing compared to her counterpart.

The Resident Evil remake on the Game cube was damn fine also with the inclusion of new defence weapons, enemies and far superior visuals made it a must have on the system.

Resident Evil: Revelations.

This one has the perfect mix of classic RE horror, and modern RE gameplay. My favorite RE character is Jill, so to have her and all the new characters was great. The new characters were great additions, all very interesting. Plus, Raid Mode is so much fun. So it has the replay value.

• 4 weeks later...

1. Resident Evil 2

2. Resident Evil 4

3. Resident Evil 1

4. Resident Evil Code Veronica X

5. Resident Evil 3

6. Resident Evil 5

7. Resident Evil 6

8. Resident Evil: Revelations

I haven't played Zero or REremake yet. Only time will tell if the Remake is my new #1 RE game. Hopefully Zero will get the HD Remaster at some point.

Resident Evil 3: Nemesis is my favourite in the series. I just loved the whole idea behind the Nemesis. Constantly wondering when and where he would pop up next, if I would have the ammo to stun him, or whether or not I could successfully dodge his attacks and make it to the next area, or back to the saferoom, added a huge amount of tension to the game. I know it leaned a little more on action than RE 1 and RE 2 (Although it was still very much surivival horror), but I still found myself struggling with supplies and worrying about how I was going to make it past all of the dogs, hordes of zombies, and more importantly Nemesis every time I ended up low on health.

My second favourite in the series would be Resident Evil 1/Resident Evil: Director's Cut, and third on my list would be Resident Evil 2.