Trophophobia - Face your Fears (Thanks for playing!)

3 hours ago, DragonQuest238 said:

Good luck to everyone, even though the event starts in about two weeks so I'm jumping the gun. xD

I need something to do to calm my nerves. Right now my attempts to get some more platinums are being horribly derailed. First Enigmatis 3 glitches on me so I can't continue past a certain point. (I am sure it is just a minor bug, it's never happened before.) Then I forgot again that the Grim Legends 3 trophy list requires you to complete certain puzzles in record time so I missed one puzzle trophy(the fifth memory mirror) which is a flipping 90% into the game so I deleted it in a rage-quit. So now a few games are on my s***-list for the time being and banned from my PS4 until I can get over their betrayals. :(

I'll try to go through the second two Nightmares from the Deep games(I stupidly put the first on this list because I thought I would never play Siren's Call, but then I was forced to buy three months of PS+, so there's no excuse to not play it and use the cloud to backup my save so I can try to get the speed-record mahjong trophy); if it's possible, I'd like to swap the original Nightmares from the Deep with Nightmares from the Deep 3. There are still undead pirates there.

I'm sorry to hear you're having a rough time with a couple of games, I hope the issues get sorted soon.

I don't have any problem swapping original Nightmares with Nightmares from the Deep 3.  I'll be doing the next round of updates on Sunday so I can update your list then.

12 hours ago, fabiansc83 said:

i need some suggestions to keep Mr. Vorhees happy.  Don´t want to play friday the 13th cause is a grindfest. 

Maybe i´ll try slayaway camp but i don´t know...any ideas?

As the description says that you can also add anything with a lake you might want to give Cat Quest a try. The game is a rather fun action-RPG/hack 'n' slash/action-adventure with one rather huge lake in the landscape and you have to traverse quite a bit around it. It's somewhere in the  5 to 10 hours range IIRC. There's also a demo so you can decide whether the gameplay fits you or not:

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP4293-CUSA10215_00-0000000000000001

• Like 1

@Mesopithecus

To honor my Team captain Cujo I want to add Crash Bandicoot: Warped. It´s time to clear the time Trials for this game in this Event. It´s on my backlog for 1 year now. It fullfill the requirement because Crash is a Bandicoot ;) Thanks for your work in updating!

1.Samhainophobia - Fear of Halloween. - ?
2. Arachnophobia/Entomophobia/Ophidiophobia. Fear of spiders, bugs, snakes - ?
3.  Kinemortophobia. Fear of the undead. - ?
4. Thanatophobia. Fear of dying. - ?
5.  Monophobia. Fear of being alone. - ?.
6.  Dementophobia. Fear of insanity. - Batman: Return to Arkham - Arkham Asylum
7. Chronophobia. Fear of time. - ?
8. Decidophobia. Fear of decisions. - ?
9. Technophobia. Fear of technology - Borderlands - The Pre Sequel
10. Acrophobia. Fear of heights - Yakuza Kiwami 2
11. Metathesiophobia. Fear of change - ?
12. Gynophobia. Fear of women - ?
13. Phobophobia. Fear of fear itself - Crash Bandicoot: Warped

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

As the description says that you can also add anything with a lake you might want to give Cat Quest a try. The game is a rather fun action-RPG/hack 'n' slash/action-adventure with one rather huge lake in the landscape and you have to traverse quite a bit around it. It's somewhere in the  5 to 10 hours range IIRC.

Didn´t know cat quest has a lake. Seems like a fun game! thanks ? Jason approves.

8 minutes ago, fabiansc83 said:

Didn´t know cat quest has a lake. Seems like a fun game! thanks 1f601.png Jason approves.

Another game that might work is the current God of War. Haven't played it myself but I heard that Kratos and his son use a boat to travel across a lake and explore it's surroundings. :)

• Like 1

Since Spyro is delayed to November, I`m going to rework the list

@Mesopithecus

1. Castlevania: Lord of Shadows

2. Sword Art Online: Lost Song

3. Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization

4. Batman: Arkham Origins

5. Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2

6. Batman: Arkham Asylum

7. Rabi-Ribi

8. Warriors All-Stars

9. Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate

10. Spider-Man

11. Gal*Gun Double Peace

12. Omega Labyrinth

HARDCORE MODE

I Marked the games I want locked.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Leon Castle said:

Since Spyro is delayed to November, I`m going to rework the list

@Mesopithecus

1. Castlevania: Lord of Shadows

2. Sword Art Online: Lost Song

3. Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization

4. Batman: Arkham Origins

5. Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2

6. Batman: Arkham Asylum

7. Rabi-Ribi

8. Warriors All-Stars

9. Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate

10. Spider-Man

11. Gal*Gun Double Peace

12. Omega Labyrinth

HARDCORE MODE

I Marked the games I want locked.

I don't think it works that way. I'm pretty sure as soon as you put a game down it's locked, not that you get to pick and choose. 

That's a really nice list so I don't think you should change it anyway. :)

Edited by Kent

On 15/08/2018 at 8:46 AM, coldsphinx93 said:

I'm thinking I will probably get Hungry Shark World for Team Jaws unless I already have a game featuring water. I'll double check a little later.

So I'm not allowing myself to buy new games right now so I am going with God of War. I'm counting the boat travel as relevant to the theme.

Edited by coldsphinx93
  • Like 1

OK, so, basically, I'm going to use my list of games from the Spelling Bee event as my entry fee here, and then add as many more games as I feel like playing as we go. I might do all the categories, or I might keep it at four. Who knows? The mystery is part of the game.

So, my four games are Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories, Icey, NERO, and Kingdom New Lands. I have no clue where each of them best fits (any suggestions are appreciated), so I'm just going to guess, based on the box cover art.

I'm just going to stick KH:CoM under Samhainophobia because of Halloween Town, which I assume returns. Plus, everybody likes dressing up as Disney characters (and Final Fantasy too, for you cosplayers out there). Icey looks like some anime robot chick from the future, so that's gotta be Technophobia. NERO is dark and looks like it's about death or something (based on the subtitle and the floating jellyfish in the sky), so let's call that Thanatophobia. And Kingdom New Lands is...uh...OK, I know nothing about this game, but it looks like some kind of medieval fantasy thing, so I'm going to assume it's full of undead monsters that want to murder you (Kinemortophobia). Probably skeletons and ghosts. Tell me I'm wrong.

Edited by Cassylvania

19 minutes ago, Cassylvania said:

NERO is dark and looks like it's about death or something (based on the subtitle and the floating jellyfish in the sky), so let's call that Thanatophobia.

Having earned the platinum for this game several times over, I can assure you that this title perfectly fits the Thanatophobia category. The subject matter is perfect. I am seriously praying for your soul if you intend to platinum Kingdom Come, however... I've watched so many podcasts pan that game for its horrible horrible save system and glitchiness. Also, it's a historical game (or so I heard) so I highly doubt it'll have undead in it even if it's supposed to be a medieval fantasy. You could submit your Y for this as Yomawari: Midnight Shadows is a horror title and could fit Monophobia, I think. I need to research that in case Yooka-Laylee falls through in a year. :P

9 minutes ago, DragonQuest238 said:

Having earned the platinum for this game several times over, I can assure you that this title perfectly fits the Thanatophobia category. The subject matter is perfect. I am seriously praying for your soul if you intend to platinum Kingdom Come, however... I've watched so many podcasts pan that game for its horrible horrible save system and glitchiness. Also, it's a historical game (or so I heard) so I highly doubt it'll have undead in it even if it's supposed to be a medieval fantasy. You could submit your Y for this as Yomawari: Midnight Shadows is a horror title and could fit Monophobia, I think. I need to research that in case Yooka-Laylee falls through in a year. :P

Kingdom New Lands, not Kingdom Come. I mean, I'd do Kingdom Hearts II if I thought I had the time, but I probably don't.

And as horrifying as Yomawari is, I plan to have that finished up before this event begins. But no worries. I have plenty of horror games on my backlog.

24 minutes ago, Cassylvania said:

Kingdom New Lands, not Kingdom Come. I mean, I'd do Kingdom Hearts II if I thought I had the time, but I probably don't.

And as horrifying as Yomawari is, I plan to have that finished up before this event begins. But no worries. I have plenty of horror games on my backlog.

Sorry, I didn't read your post properly. xD Well, good luck!

• Like 1

Hey y'all, small update from me. Suffered a pretty nice leg injury trying to use a slip and slide. Feel free to make fun of me for that one. Don't worry, im still 100% here for this event, just a little behind on everything but I'm trying to catch up. 

@Cassylvania @angelgrievous @BlacknWhite098 you guys are in the event. I'm waiting to see if three more people sign up and if so you'll all get put on a new ninth team with a new team captain. If not, we'll randomly add you to existing teams

I'd like to once again ask anyone on Team Jason, Team Freddy, Team Pinhead or Team Leatherface to send me your lists via dm. The reason being since we're doing the "dont change your list challenge", I want to make sure what I put you down for is what you actually want and not an old list if you've change your mind before the event starts.

Thanks guys, cant wait to start playing some games.

• Like 4

I'm still working on my list, but I most likely won't be able to send a finalized one to you @DoctorDrPepper until right around just before the starting of the event since part of it depends on knowing whether I can finish SO4 before then or not. Otherwise I have certain games in mind already that can fit some of these themes.

Also, I'm still wondering whether to add any ps3 games to this list since my ps3 sounds like it's about to blow any second now...

Just now, Lum1nous1 said:

I'm still working on my list, but I most likely won't be able to send a finalized one to you @DoctorDrPepper until right around just before the starting of the event since part of it depends on knowing whether I can finish SO4 before then or not. Otherwise I have certain games in mind already that can fit some of these themes.

Also, I'm still wondering whether to add any ps3 games to this list since my ps3 sounds like it's about to blow any second now...

Lol I was personally debating on puting SO4 on this list. I wish you luck in completing that game!!!

• Like 1