Tips for Missile, Demon, Zombie, Girl and Impossible Boy

S_y_n_e_IR_g_Y

5 hours ago, Golden Devil Gamer said:

Congratulations, dude! The rest of the no death runs are way easier than Impossible Boy! I feel the same about getting nowhere after spending like an hour a day. I'll try out some of your strats when I get home.

Edited by samuel_hsc
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/24/2020 at 1:05 PM, Edddyy said:

Finished the plat, grinded 16 hours straight almost for zombie boy lol, had around 28k deaths by the end which is terrible, but if someone as bad as me can do it I think anyone can as long you keep trying. Thanks again for the tips in the thread 1f44d.png

Congrats! 

Edited by CrimsonMercury
  • Like 3

Back at trying this game, not really putting too much effort into it yet and mostly play the occasional run or two in between the tedious multiplayer grind for another game. I doubt I have done more than like 15 runs from 1-20 so far, yet I already managed to beat several levels clean in a row, up to 7 of the easier levels in a row at once. Categorised them all in 3 difficulties, easy meaning they can either be done reliably or if not then death can be easily avoided even if they are a bit tricky, normal meaning occasional deaths despite precautions so these levels are not reliable, and hard means death is very likely to occur more frequently so these levels have to be done early. Ratings might change with further practice.

Cotton Alley light

1. Pink Noise: Some jumps around sawblades. Almost always succeeds as long as I do not run during the first few jumps, doing the wall jumps with muscle memory mostly, thankfully it almost always works despite looking hella close at times. Easy.

2. Run Rabbit Run: Abusing the fact that every 10th blade does not come makes this level an afterthought, only chance of dying is if the jump from the upper to the lower area is mistimed because even the non-appearing sawblade will lead to death if you are to close to it. Easy.

3. Spinal Tap: Saws move the same every time, required timings are pretty forgiving and therefore it is one of the easiest levels. Easy.

4. Stag: Tougher than the others that came before, jumps feel weird, last section is somewhat tricky and trying to jump over the sawblade projectile can lead to death occasionally because the timing is unforgiving. Normal

5. Tommunism: Basically impossible to mess up because the game gives you as much time as you want, death is completely avoidable by skipping back to map, only risk is getting impatient. Easy.

6. This level was goddamn hard until I realized that you could jump over the first sawblade, which makes this level pretty trivial. Easy.

7. Tunnel Blower: I hate fans, they are unreliable for me and this level especially seems like you die despite not even fully touching the fan. Trying to do similar jumps each time still leads to somewhat random looking results for me, no idea if more practice will improve on that. Definitely a level that has to be done very early despite the possibility of avoiding some of the potential deaths, as I sometimes do it on the first attempt but I might as well need 10 tries to get it. Hard.

8. Pig Latin: Very easy level if you jump through the lower part of the map, almost no risk of dying. Easy.

9. Hatch: Probably the easiest level in the game, a few easy jumps and all the time in the world to skip back to the map if something goes wrong. Possible candidate for last map. Easy.

10. Bullet Bob: I have complained about rockets in the past and this level was a pain in the ass until I got a bit more used to it. Now I can very reliably get all the keys without getting shot. Making it to the goal however is a risk, and I could not yet figure out a good way to eliminate the risk. Normal.

11. Train Eater: The first time I replayed the Cotton Alley Light I was sure this would be the hardest level for me by far. A ridiculous machine gun speed rocket launcher and several obstacles to overcome while being under constant heavy fire. Turns out it is pretty doable once you get the hang of the rhythm, I still die sometimes on a particular obstacle because timing really has to be on point at all times, but its not a run breaker level anymore. Normal.

12. Peel: Same exact thing every time, admittedly pretty tight timing with the jumps but I almost never die in this level despite it always looking like I barely make it, would not want to play this level super late though because being nervous would probably make it a bit tricky. Easy.

13. Pepto: This level should, by all means, be pretty damn easy, yet it is not and I am unsure why. The jumps look basic, there is plenty of room for error and while there is a timing due to the bleach coming up, it is not tight by any means. For some reason I still die pretty frequently here and I hope this will get better with some more practice, because this level should have the potential to be an easy level. Normal.

14. Watchtower: Still having some problems with getting all the keys with 2 jumps, rarely succeeds so I have to depend on the third attempt, and theres some potential to die for various reasons. Still technically very unlikely to die here because one can simply go back to the map if either the first or second jump fails at getting two keys, so lowest difficulty rating. Easy.

15. Lock Out: Not a fan of Black Maws. Another level I thought would be my downfall, yet it is going better than expected after doing it a few times. Once I safely reached the upper area I am guaranteed to win, as the second half of the level is basically impossible to die in with the right strategy. The first part still kills me occasionally though, yet because one can see potential death coming from a mile away I’d not rate this terribly high in difficulty. Normal for now.

16. Hopscotch: These gravity orbs were always an element of the game I had serious trouble with and I like them even less than the fans in that regard. No matter what I try, getting a reliable strategy seems like a no go for this level. Even though going back to the map avoids some of the deaths, one can usually die too quickly to use that thanks to getting shot into a saw, or simply not making the ridiculous maneuver required. Hard.

17. Lead Sheets: Looks intimidating as hell but is very easy and reliable once a strategy has been done a few times. Another possible candidate for the last level. Easy.

18. Oobs revenge: I never had any problems with Oobs in any of the levels really, and this one is no different. The first jump is not easy to make, but thanks to the back to map option there are infinite tries, and missing one of the bigger jumps in the middle of the level will also not lead to death for the same reason. While the first two big jumps seem like the oobs are awfully close, I have yet to die during one of those. Easy.

19. The Bash: This level has to be done early, like first 3, at all times. Why? Tiny floor saws. One of the biggest reasons Zombie Boy took me so long was because of the abuse of this most terrible of obstacles. This level has 2 of these floor saws, not terribly bad but I would never want to attempt them late, I just can’t get the timing for them done reliably with Meat Boy/Bandage Girl so I die to them somewhat frequently. Hard.

20. Four Letter Word: I have a good idea what kind of word they had in mind for this. Hardest level of this run by far, several times harder for me than any of the others. Ridiculous floor saw spam and it is the only level in the game that has moving floor saws as far as I know, what kicks by ass is that you have both of them in quick succession, so it destroys any chance to get accustomed to either one of them. Seven floor saws and three of the cancerous moving ones. HARD.

If it werent for the 4 hard and unreliable levels I could get this done in 1-2 hours, but as of now the chance of getting these four done with one life is next to zero, more practice is definitely required, also given how nervous I get whenever I make it past the worst levels I just know that I will die in easier levels several times before making it, was the same with Zombie Boy after all. I doubt it will take me nearly as long as Zombie Boy though, even if the level 20 especially kicks my ass much more than any of the Rupture levels ever did. Not looking forward to seeing this specific dogshit level recycled during Impossible Boy.

Edited by Nighcisama

11 hours ago, Nighcisama said:

Back at trying this game, not really putting too much effort into it yet and mostly play the occasional run or two in between the tedious multiplayer grind for another game. I doubt I have done more than like 15 runs from 1-20 so far, yet I already managed to beat several levels clean in a row, up to 7 of the easier levels in a row at once. Categorised them all in 3 difficulties, easy meaning they can either be done reliably or if not then death can be easily avoided even if they are a bit tricky, normal meaning occasional deaths despite precautions so these levels are not reliable, and hard means death is very likely to occur more frequently so these levels have to be done early. Ratings might change with further practice.

Cotton Alley light

1. Pink Noise: Some jumps around sawblades. Almost always succeeds as long as I do not run during the first few jumps, doing the wall jumps with muscle memory mostly, thankfully it almost always works despite looking hella close at times. Easy.

2. Run Rabbit Run: Abusing the fact that every 10th blade does not come makes this level an afterthought, only chance of dying is if the jump from the upper to the lower area is mistimed because even the non-appearing sawblade will lead to death if you are to close to it. Easy.

3. Spinal Tap: Saws move the same every time, required timings are pretty forgiving and therefore it is one of the easiest levels. Easy.

4. Stag: Tougher than the others that came before, jumps feel weird, last section is somewhat tricky and trying to jump over the sawblade projectile can lead to death occasionally because the timing is unforgiving. Normal

5. Tommunism: Basically impossible to mess up because the game gives you as much time as you want, death is completely avoidable by skipping back to map, only risk is getting impatient. Easy.

6. This level was goddamn hard until I realized that you could jump over the first sawblade, which makes this level pretty trivial. Easy.

7. Tunnel Blower: I hate fans, they are unreliable for me and this level especially seems like you die despite not even fully touching the fan. Trying to do similar jumps each time still leads to somewhat random looking results for me, no idea if more practice will improve on that. Definitely a level that has to be done very early despite the possibility of avoiding some of the potential deaths, as I sometimes do it on the first attempt but I might as well need 10 tries to get it. Hard.

8. Pig Latin: Very easy level if you jump through the lower part of the map, almost no risk of dying. Easy.

9. Hatch: Probably the easiest level in the game, a few easy jumps and all the time in the world to skip back to the map if something goes wrong. Possible candidate for last map. Easy.

10. Bullet Bob: I have complained about rockets in the past and this level was a pain in the ass until I got a bit more used to it. Now I can very reliably get all the keys without getting shot. Making it to the goal however is a risk, and I could not yet figure out a good way to eliminate the risk. Normal.

11. Train Eater: The first time I replayed the Cotton Alley Light I was sure this would be the hardest level for me by far. A ridiculous machine gun speed rocket launcher and several obstacles to overcome while being under constant heavy fire. Turns out it is pretty doable once you get the hang of the rhythm, I still die sometimes on a particular obstacle because timing really has to be on point at all times, but its not a run breaker level anymore. Normal.

12. Peel: Same exact thing every time, admittedly pretty tight timing with the jumps but I almost never die in this level despite it always looking like I barely make it, would not want to play this level super late though because being nervous would probably make it a bit tricky. Easy.

13. Pepto: This level should, by all means, be pretty damn easy, yet it is not and I am unsure why. The jumps look basic, there is plenty of room for error and while there is a timing due to the bleach coming up, it is not tight by any means. For some reason I still die pretty frequently here and I hope this will get better with some more practice, because this level should have the potential to be an easy level. Normal.

14. Watchtower: Still having some problems with getting all the keys with 2 jumps, rarely succeeds so I have to depend on the third attempt, and theres some potential to die for various reasons. Still technically very unlikely to die here because one can simply go back to the map if either the first or second jump fails at getting two keys, so lowest difficulty rating. Easy.

15. Lock Out: Not a fan of Black Maws. Another level I thought would be my downfall, yet it is going better than expected after doing it a few times. Once I safely reached the upper area I am guaranteed to win, as the second half of the level is basically impossible to die in with the right strategy. The first part still kills me occasionally though, yet because one can see potential death coming from a mile away I’d not rate this terribly high in difficulty. Normal for now.

16. Hopscotch: These gravity orbs were always an element of the game I had serious trouble with and I like them even less than the fans in that regard. No matter what I try, getting a reliable strategy seems like a no go for this level. Even though going back to the map avoids some of the deaths, one can usually die too quickly to use that thanks to getting shot into a saw, or simply not making the ridiculous maneuver required. Hard.

17. Lead Sheets: Looks intimidating as hell but is very easy and reliable once a strategy has been done a few times. Another possible candidate for the last level. Easy.

18. Oobs revenge: I never had any problems with Oobs in any of the levels really, and this one is no different. The first jump is not easy to make, but thanks to the back to map option there are infinite tries, and missing one of the bigger jumps in the middle of the level will also not lead to death for the same reason. While the first two big jumps seem like the oobs are awfully close, I have yet to die during one of those. Easy.

19. The Bash: This level has to be done early, like first 3, at all times. Why? Tiny floor saws. One of the biggest reasons Zombie Boy took me so long was because of the abuse of this most terrible of obstacles. This level has 2 of these floor saws, not terribly bad but I would never want to attempt them late, I just can’t get the timing for them done reliably with Meat Boy/Bandage Girl so I die to them somewhat frequently. Hard.

20. Four Letter Word: I have a good idea what kind of word they had in mind for this. Hardest level of this run by far, several times harder for me than any of the others. Ridiculous floor saw spam and it is the only level in the game that has moving floor saws as far as I know, what kicks by ass is that you have both of them in quick succession, so it destroys any chance to get accustomed to either one of them. Seven floor saws and three of the cancerous moving ones. HARD.

If it werent for the 4 hard and unreliable levels I could get this done in 1-2 hours, but as of now the chance of getting these four done with one life is next to zero, more practice is definitely required, also given how nervous I get whenever I make it past the worst levels I just know that I will die in easier levels several times before making it, was the same with Zombie Boy after all. I doubt it will take me nearly as long as Zombie Boy though, even if the level 20 especially kicks my ass much more than any of the Rupture levels ever did. Not looking forward to seeing this specific dogshit level recycled during Impossible Boy.

Keep repeating it over and over again, I know this sounds stupid by now, but I made the mistake to not touch the game for ~ 1.5 months after getting zombie boy and when I started practicing for girl boy I was definitely not in shape lol. Took me 1 week to get girl boy, whereas zombie boy took me only 3 days and impossible boy only 8 days, maybe because I started practicing for impossible boy immediately after girl boy. So long story short: Definitely invest the time required, if you can.

As for bullet bob: What I did after I collected all keys was to hide under the middle platform, took a deep breath, ran to the right shortly (the missiles fired), then  jumped on top of the left side while avoiding the next shots of the missiles. Once I arrived at the top (not on the middle platform, still on the left side) I ran slightly towards the corner so the missile on the right (as well as the middle one) had clear sight. After waiting for a split second, I jumped onto the middle platform while avoiding the two shots that were targeting me in the meantime. Once I landed onto the middle platform the only thing left was to avoid the missile on the left. I screwed up too many times trying to avoid the left and the right missile, so definitely follow my advice of running slightly into the corner as mentioned above in order to have two missiles firing at you, not only the one in the center of the map. Of course you can do the same on the right side, I just liked the left one a bit more lol. 

Hope this is to some extend explained clearly?

• Like 2

My real piece of advice apart from giving tips on specific levels is to take your time. Don't try to be one of the Fastest Achievers for this game, it's not worth it.

There are plenty of people out there who are more skilled in gaming than I'll ever be. Granted I probably could of gotten the platinum for Super Meat Boy in just one or two months or less if I really hauled ass, but that would of left my hair grey.

I took several months break between Girl Boy and Impossible Boy. I needed a clear conscience to attempt Impossible Boy because believe me, it took me over 40 hours of practice before I finally nailed it. I don't think I will ever get a platinum again that required more persistence and dedication than Super Meat Boy. I'm not trying to be impressive, because truthfully I'm pretty average when it comes to gaming skill.

Some people get it done faster than others. That's just how it goes.

• Like 1

On 15.5.2020 at 11:10 AM, Nighcisama said:

Back at trying this game, not really putting too much effort into it yet and mostly play the occasional run or two in between the tedious multiplayer grind for another game.

That's a pretty good approach though. I never played SMB for longer than an hour at a time, and thus never got frustrated. As long as the short time you spend with the game is full of serious, focused practice, you will get there for sure ?

I also took an extended break after Zombie Boy, but I found that break to be beneficial after having played The Kid so much before. 

Good luck! This thread is definitely the right place when it comes to tips and people trying to help ?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Arcesius said:

That's a pretty good approach though. I never played SMB for longer than an hour at a time, and thus never got frustrated. As long as the short time you spend with the game is full of serious, focused practice, you will get there for sure 1f642.png

You are more machine than man though, I won't get this trophy by spending the occasional hour because I simply lack your skill. It prepares me for the marathon session I will need to get this trophy though, and shows me which strategies are best to use, the rest depends on that one day I dedicate to getting the trophy. I don't doubt I will have this one in the back after the first frustrating marathon session, I do not perform on my highest level if I am not really sick and tired of a game. Not sure about Impossible Boy though, I expect that one to take quite long because it has about twice the number of completely insane levels that can screw up any run, and I really doubt any strategy will make these levels more doable for me so it will be down to that one magic and lucky run.

So far in Cotton Alley Light its still mostly the 7, 16 19 and especially 20 giving me trouble. I doubt there are any tips out there to make it any easier, as I simply can't ever get the timings done reliably for these shitty floor blades, and the fan+gravity levels will solely depend on how good my reflexes are with quitting to map. Some of the normal maps, like the 10 and 15, are much better now though, so thats already looking quite promising?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nighcisama said:

You are more machine than man though, I won't get this trophy by spending the occasional hour because I simply lack your skill. It prepares me for the marathon session I will need to get this trophy though, and shows me which strategies are best to use, the rest depends on that one day I dedicate to getting the trophy. I don't doubt I will have this one in the back after the first frustrating marathon session, I do not perform on my highest level if I am not really sick and tired of a game. Not sure about Impossible Boy though, I expect that one to take quite long because it has about twice the number of completely insane levels that can screw up any run, and I really doubt any strategy will make these levels more doable for me so it will be down to that one magic and lucky run.

I'm far from a skilled gamer, and I got this plat too by just playing for 0.5-2 hours a day. I found that if I played too much in one sitting I would lose focus and start making more mistakes. If I'd have kept playing that way those mistakes would probably ingrain into my muscle memory. However, different methods work best for different people obviously, it's just that 'skill' doesn't factor into which one is best for you.

• Like 1

The level 7-7 in Light Cotton Alley is probably the most luck based one out of the lot, so I definitely recommend starting that one first. I did 7-20 and 7-20X respectively early on as well, they are two of the longer levels in the Cotton Alley level set and it's quite easy to screw up on them.

It's pretty well known that 7-19X in Dark Cotton Alley will glitch on you if you leave the game running for too long. Quitting out to the XMB and reloading the game will fix it. That level gave me a lot of trouble, you have to make those small jumps near the end in a consistent pattern.

Five months later and Super Meat Boy is still the platinum I cherish the most.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

thanks alot for the guide, i've one question: if i die in a no death run for the trophy, how i can reset the death counter?

i can just go to the level selection  or i've to leave completely   the world and re-join? ( go in the world selection)

8 minutes ago, Heyo27 said:

thanks alot for the guide, i've one question: if i die in a no death run for the trophy, how i can reset the death counter?

i can just go to the level selection  or i've to leave completely   the world and re-join? ( go in the world selection)

You don't need to reset the counter. If you die, you just need to beat all levels again without dying. No need to leave the world or anything :)

It's the opposite, really. When you do a level and don't die, a "counter" keeps track of how many levels you've done without dying. If you die, that counter is reset. 

Edited by Arcesius
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Arcesius said:

You don't need to reset the counter. If you die, you just need to beat all levels again without dying. No need to leave the world or anything :)

It's the opposite, really. When you do a level and don't die, a "counter" keeps track of how many levels you've done without dying. If you die, that counter is reset. 

Thanks arcesius you'are very kind, you saved me a lot of time, every time I died I went out of the level and went to the world selection LOL.

• 4 weeks later...

Can't get Girl Boy. I thought this was going to be easier than Zombie Boy, but it is actually much harder. Still did not manage to get past the atrocious levels 7, 10, 16 and 20 even once since I am trying seriously, much less these levels and then the other somewhat risky ones like 13, 15, 18 and 19. All the others are down consistently, rare deaths can occur on some stages, like stage 6, but Ive had several runs where I never died once in any of those more reliable levels. My motivation is gone after so much time spent in Girl Boy, this shit was supposed to be a simple warm up for Impossible Boy, which is like 10x harder and therefore the one trophy I was really worried about, and now I am struggling more with it than with Zombie Boy. Any ideas for the absolute worst levels? Any next level strat? Because all the strats I found in guides are about as or even more unreliable to me.

58 minutes ago, Nighcisama said:

Can't get Girl Boy. I thought this was going to be easier than Zombie Boy, but it is actually much harder. Still did not manage to get past the atrocious levels 7, 10, 16 and 20 even once since I am trying seriously, much less these levels and then the other somewhat risky ones like 13, 15, 18 and 19. All the others are down consistently, rare deaths can occur on some stages, like stage 6, but Ive had several runs where I never died once in any of those more reliable levels. My motivation is gone after so much time spent in Girl Boy, this shit was supposed to be a simple warm up for Impossible Boy, which is like 10x harder and therefore the one trophy I was really worried about, and now I am struggling more with it than with Zombie Boy. Any ideas for the absolute worst levels? Any next level strat? Because all the strats I found in guides are about as or even more unreliable to me.

I fired up SMB to see which levels these are and give some tips.

For 7-7, don’t run straight off the platform to the middle of the fan, it makes the timing to clear the middle much more strict IMO. Pause for a split second in the air, and do the same on the other side after you get the key, otherwise you go straight into the fan above you. You can see what I mean below. Also I hate fan levels, so do this one as one of your first.

For 7-10, I’ve got a pretty simple strat that makes getting the keys easy, you just have to be quick on the final jumps to freedom lol.

For 7-16, do a double jump off the starting platform like I do and you’ll always clear the first bit. If you end up bouncing too high, press start and exit to map. Once you’re past the first blades, try and stay in the middle of the moving pulse thing as you can so you’re not bouncing too much, once you start nearing the next blade, move off the centre so you start bouncing. I always recommend going under the blades rather than over. While this stage is annoying, it shouldn’t be one you die on much because you should exit to map when things feel wrong.

There’s not much advice I feel I can give to make 7-20 easier. The only real part that is tricky is the ending where the ceiling is more narrow and you have to jump those blades. If you’ve unlocked the Dark Cotton Alley version, practice the last level because you start at this part as the level’s reversed.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kcrack_Km said:

For 7-7, don’t run straight off the platform to the middle of the fan, it makes the timing to clear the middle much more strict IMO. Pause for a split second in the air, and do the same on the other side after you get the key, otherwise you go straight into the fan above you. You can see what I mean below. Also I hate fan levels, so do this one as one of your first.

This is the one among the shit ones I am having the least problems with. I usually jump stay in the fan for a bit less than a second, and usually make the jump, though I died here twice once I got lucky and managed to beat the other annoying levels. Gonna try your strat. and yes, fans are really cheap shit.

7 minutes ago, Kcrack_Km said:

For 7-10, I’ve got a pretty simple strat that makes getting the keys easy, you just have to be quick on the final jumps to freedom lol.

Getting the keys never kills me, using a bit of a different strat to get them. The final part is highly unreliable for me though, and I do pretty much the same thing you do, it feels like the game decides whether it works or not, because even though I always jump at the same places, sometimes I am barely fast enough to just make it with a milisecond to spare, and other times it is obvious that even full speed is not nearly enough. This level has messed up my shit many times, so it is the second level I do, highly unreliable, seems like there is no way around that, sadly.

9 minutes ago, Kcrack_Km said:

For 7-16, do a double jump off the starting platform like I do and you’ll always clear the first bit. If you end up bouncing too high, press start and exit to map. Once you’re past the first blades, try and stay in the middle of the moving pulse thing as you can so you’re not bouncing too much, once you start nearing the next blade, move off the centre so you start bouncing. I always recommend going under the blades rather than over. While this stage is annoying, it shouldn’t be one you die on much because you should exit to map when things feel wrong.

I die there occasionally, sometimes I get hauled into a blade too quickly, or I misjudge whether I can get below a blade or not. Highly frustrating level, usually the third I attempt, also takes forever due to all the back to map. Gonna try to imitate your movements as precisely as possible, improvising is not getting me anywhere in this level, at least not consistently.

12 minutes ago, Kcrack_Km said:

There’s not much advice I feel I can give to make 7-20 easier. The only real part that is tricky is the ending where the ceiling is more narrow and you have to jump those blades. If you’ve unlocked the Dark Cotton Alley version, practice the last level because you start at this part as the level’s reversed.

Yeah the blades at the end are THE main problem. No other level messed me up as often as this one, it can only be the very first level I attempt, for I die up to a dozen times in a row before I make it. That is a massive hit against morale, because this level is the one I see the most by far, and I hate it, I have long since reached my skill cap in this garbage level. I died so many times even though it looked like I jumped at the last possible second, started to think they might be bugged, timing is probably just ridiculously tight though, and the fact that there are moving floor blades between normal ones really does not help.

Really annoyed with myself that this trophy is still not done, must have done every map several hundred times by now, the 7-20 level even more often. How I curse the day I casually started this shit.

I have to do 7-16 at first because I CAN'T consistently control that damn floating thing... The first jump is mastered, and even the first high saw, but in the following group I alway reach too low or too hi... Damn... Still practicing the last 4 levels... (A curious thing on 7-16 and 7-16X is that there is an invisible column under meat boy, his platform is not "floating", not too useful on 7-16 but kind of handy on 7-16X to make a long jump and reach it from the second to last saw and you think that you wont reach... but there is a column there just that it is invisible...)

4 hours ago, Nighcisama said:

gBmFl5p.jpg

I finally got it done, took most of my day, one long grueling session, surprised my controller was able to endure the pressure. Thanks @Kcrack_Km, your tips helped with level 7 and level 16, getting them more reliable. Thankfully I saved a level for last that is basically impossible to die in, I probably would have messed up any other level given how nervous I was, almost died in the piss easy level 12 and had to go back to map 2 times, that would have sucked.

Last trophy left is Impossible Boy. Given how much I struggled with Girl Boy I doubt its even worth attempting this insane last trophy, but I owe it to myself to at least give it a serious try. I need a break from the game for now though, got HZD cleanup on my to do list anyway1f44d.png

Congrats! Honestly if you can get Girl Boy, then Impossible Boy should come eventually, it’s just a matter of time.

• Like 2

On 21.6.2020 at 6:17 AM, Kcrack_Km said:

Congrats! Honestly if you can get Girl Boy, then Impossible Boy should come eventually, it’s just a matter of time.

After playing for a few hours, I highly doubt that. While I could get half of the light world levels to either easy or moderate difficulty in a few hours, with a few even being safe and most of the problems being caused by 4 stages, almost all stages in the dark world are a nightmare to play, this trophy is not even in the same league as Girl Boy. The dreaded stage 20 that was by far the worst in light, does now not even make the top 5 worst levels, some levels seem to depend highly on rng, two are ridiculously demanding and to this day I still have not beat stage 19 even once after hundreds of attempts, the last part of the level is downright impossible for me.

Pretty safe to say that I lack the required skill for this trophy, I probably could not do this if the trophy required 10 deaths or less, let alone 0. Ima give it a few more days to see if I improve noticeably, but this seems pretty much dead in the water, already looking for another plat as my next milestone just in case.

Edit: Yeah, this is hopeless. I gave it my best shot but this trophy just laughs in my face. The levels are too unfair, too badly designed, and I lack the skill to get 5 of the hardest ones done even semi reliably, two need a ridiculous number of attempts even after many hours of practice, this could take hundreds of hours and not result in success. Around 13k deaths, I doubt playing until I reach the 15k or 20k milestones will make a difference, I basically stopped improving hours ago, this is as good as it gets. Hate this game, but a worthy game to give up on.

Edited by Nighcisama

• 2 weeks later...

Just unlocked Missile Boy playing from PSVita and I'm shaking. I was really close unlocking the trophy twice but I choked it on 3-6X and 3-5X on those runs. On my successful run, I didn't even have faith and thought to play from 1X-20X for learning more but I've somehow managed to complete the first 16 levels without failing. Started making mistakes on 3-17X and 3-18X but thanks to the "exit to map" trick, I was able to maintain my ironman streak. Never felt more relieved (even compared to Mein Leben (was still relieved on that one but this one was huge)) but I still have to do Demon, Zombie, Girl, and Impossible Boy... Shoot what have I put myself into lol

Edited by XxIsa-GxX
  • Like 4