Do you buy new, used, or rent games?

MrsB

Honestly up until recently it depended on the game.
I never rent games, ever, or borrow for that matter.
If it was a game that I truly wanted Day 1, I would get a new copy.
If I could ever get a used copy of something, why the heck not lol.

However, I am strictly a ps4 gamer now for the most part, and my local Gamestop doesn't do midnight releases for games I care for, just FPS games and Sport games, so I do digital downloads.

I rarely buy used games. Just knowing some slimy old perverted fat geezer might have touched the game before me is disgusting. Because I know that not only do most people not have the same care with the games that I do but also because where I live in (France) most stores don't actually check to see if the game is working or not when you sell it. Retarded right?

I don't rent games because I like to have something that's mine. I don't like to have limited time to play something, I want to have it forever, to know that I can always go back and play it again. Besides, most renting prices are the same as buying the game used.

So yeah, I try to go with new games all the time. I never had any trouble with new games bought in stores, so why stop now?

• Like 1

I personally like having a collection, so rarely rent games. I pick up current gen games new to support those who made the game, as whenever I buy a game It's something I'm sure I'll like. I do buy many used games, but this is only because I play a lot of older games that aren't sold new anymore, mostly PS2 gen.

Edited by A_Hyper_Squirrel

• 4 weeks later...

I pretty much always buy new. Mostly probably because I usually find the game new somewhere with the same price, sometimes even cheaper than what the used games cost in local GameStops. And I also like my things new, haha. I buy used games only when I can't find new physical copies of the game anymore (for example BioShock). I don't ever rent.

• 4 weeks later...

If I don't buy a game on release date, I usually always buy it used sometime after.  The used games here are always in pretty fantastic condition and I'm a bargain hunter so a simple €5 difference means a lot to me!  :P

Last time I rented was like a year ago, though, for Lollipop Chainsaw.

I have never rented a game and don't plan too.  That includes Sony's PS Now BS.  I almost only buy/pre-order new just because I like to support the developers plus I like getting my games in brand spankin' new condition in the foil wrap.  I do plan on doing GTA V as a digital pre-order.  Something I haven't done before.

I generally buy mine used, due to the lowered price. However, i also make sure to always check the case and disc before buying. Most of the time they are in mint condition, other times not so much. If it a game I really want that just came out, however, I will normally either pre-order, or attempt to buy it the very release hour.