IGC For September 2018.

Xel

3 hours ago, Seskinator said:

Can someone explain if the Destiny 2 platinum is unobtainable without paying for DLC? 

I was reading some forums on the Destiny 2 trophies list and nothing seems clear at this moment.

Thank you, folks! 

Also, how difficult is the Destiny 2 platinum? Bc it seems like quite A LOT of people obtained it. 

Platinum is obtainable in base game. I'm not sure about current progression system after recent update, but previously it would take about 100+ hours solo and 60+ if you have decent group to help you. I would say difficulty is 3/10. Keep in mind if you go only for platinum trophy it would be really boring. You have to finish story three times, grind three characters to unlock all sub-classes and then get one of them leveled enough to finish prestige raid. after that you have to wait at least until e02s02 (end of 2018) when thet will re-enable trials of nine game mode again to get your last trophy in base game. 

2 hours ago, kidson2004 said:

Honestly, I can. I don't think it sold well, plus they're selling it with the season pass for $20 on Amazon for Prime members.

It was one of the best selling games from last year. This is just their way of bringing in new players so they can get money out of them with all the DLC.

3 hours ago, Valyrious said:

It's obviously because Bungie wants to get in gamers good graces again. That, coupled with Forsaken releasing next month, and all the re-balancing they've been doing... it's really obvious when you think about it. Plus the physical game was as cheap as $10. Doesn't hurt for them to get the game repopulated.

I don't think it's because they want to get in gamers good graces again. It's because they see an opportunity to pull more people into buying all their DLC. I didn't find this obvious because I didn't think Bungie had become this greedy.

I hope Destiny 2 isn't like the first one where pretty much you had to buy DLC to get any good items and were unable to even attempt strikes or raids at times unless you bought DLC. I also hope they added a search function for raids because I never played one on the first one because you had to have PSN friends to join your game and we're too time consuming to do by yourself.

Only interesting thing for me is Destiny 2. Played the original like I was in a cult. Everything else I have already or just couldnt care enough for. Looks like vita and ps3 lineups are getting crappier every month till it dies off this coming march. :(

10 minutes ago, Makilio said:

I've been eyeing Foul Play for a few months. Glad I didn't buy it when it was on sale.

I don't know from where but I donated 1$ and got the game years ago. Happy for you to nit buy it on sale though. "Free" is always better.

• Destiny 2 (PS4) - Don't care for Destiny, I think it's a hard pass for me.
  • God of War III: Remastered (PS4) - Already have it on PS3 tho I haven't played it. I'll just double dip after I have played it.
  • Another World – 20th Anniversary Edition (PS3 + PS4/PS Vita) - Mmmmm... pass.
  • QUBE Director’s Cut (PS3 + PS4) - Pass too.
  • Foul Play (PS Vita + PS4) - It's a brawler gonna grab it.
  • Sparkle 2 (PS Vita) - Grab this too.

So that's GOW 3, Foul Play and Sparkle 2 for me.

• Like 1

WOW Another World! What luck! I've been eyeing this game for a while, was even thinking of buying it on the Switch instead, this game was revolutionary back when it released, some of the shots were so impressive, near the start of the game there is a moment where the point of view is zoomed into a weapon and a hand comes up to pick it up, common now a days, but this type of cinematic shot was not common back then.

The game is basically a Dragon's Lair when it comes to gameplay, lots of trial and error, but once you beat it, then you can finish it every time since you know what to do and what's coming up.

Another person linking to PSNP game pages, thanks @Xel!

Destiny / Foul Play - not my thing.

God Of War III - fun. Haven't played the remaster yet, and I liked this game on PS3 with the exception of the stupid ending.

Another World / Q.U.B.E. - bought both years ago, both are a lot of fun.

I like that we get GOW3, but I wouldn't mind seeing an unknown indie game again, preferably one that goes on PS+ immediately when it releases. That used to be very common.

Edited by Ash Williams
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, DizzyDavidson said:
  • Destiny 2 (PS4) - Don't care for Destiny, I think it's a hard pass for me.
  • God of War III: Remastered (PS4) - Already have it on PS3 tho I haven't played it. I'll just double dip after I have played it.
  • Another World – 20th Anniversary Edition (PS3 + PS4/PS Vita) - Mmmmm... pass.
  • QUBE Director’s Cut (PS3 + PS4) - Pass too.
  • Foul Play (PS Vita + PS4) - It's a brawler gonna grab it.
  • Sparkle 2 (PS Vita) - Grab this too.

So that's GOW 3, Foul Play and Sparkle 2 for me.

Why pass on Another World? If you play it and don't like it, it's a quick and easy 100% with a guide.

Edited by MMDE

Destiny 2 (PS4) 

God of War III: Remastered (PS4) 

Knowledge is Power (PS Plus Bonus – PlayLink) 

Here They Lie (PS Plus Bonus) 100%

Another World – 20th Anniversary Edition (PS3 + PS4/PS Vita) 100%

QUBE Director’s Cut (PS3 + PS4) 100%

Foul Play (PS Vita + PS4) Plat in 2016

Sparkle 2 (PS Vita) 100%

Qube looks really good.

I have Another World andGod of War 3, both excellent games.

Giving away Destiny 2 now, a week early even, feels desperate. Still fun to play through the campaign in coop once. If you don't feel like you have to get the platinum or 100% completionit's worth trying. The shooting feels solid.

18 hours ago, ergo_guilty said:

Platinum is obtainable in base game. I'm not sure about current progression system after recent update, but previously it would take about 100+ hours solo and 60+ if you have decent group to help you. I would say difficulty is 3/10. Keep in mind if you go only for platinum trophy it would be really boring. You have to finish story three times, grind three characters to unlock all sub-classes and then get one of them leveled enough to finish prestige raid. after that you have to wait at least until e02s02 (end of 2018) when thet will re-enable trials of nine game mode again to get your last trophy in base game. 

Thank you for clarifying. Well I know I'm going to renew my PS Plus account as it expires for me in November. So I'm sure there will be a Cyber Monday/Black Friday/Black Month Sale to renew to play online and get the final trophy in December.

Also, if DLC makes beating that final raid a little easier, then it is still possible with a good team and if you're an experienced player. I vow to not buy any DLC for this game and solely go for the base game platinum unless I REALLY like this game. 

Challenge accepted. 

Masochism acknowledged. 

:-p 

5 hours ago, MMDE said:

Why pass on Another World? If you play it and don't like it, it's a quick and easy 100% with a guide.

While my views have drastically changed (for the better) on small/indie/odd games that are offered by PS+, I just took a quick look at it (feel like I seen the original somewhere before) and it doesn't interest me. I guess it doesn't hurt to add it to my library in case I change my mind in the future. :P 

3 minutes ago, DizzyDavidson said:

While my views have drastically changed (for the better) on small/indie/odd games that are offered by PS+, I just took a quick look at it (feel like I seen the original somewhere before) and it doesn't interest me. I guess it doesn't hurt to add it to my library in case I change my mind in the future. :P 

Well, it's not a small (for it's time), indie or odd game. It's a port of a 27 years old game that inspired games such as ICO, MGS and Silent Hill. :P It's a 2D side scrolling puzzle platformer.

Edited by MMDE

23 hours ago, sephiroth4424 said:

The bonus ones are the same as August's?

EDIT. Apparently yes, i didn't check the link

yeah the bonus games are free until later this fall (one of then is free until October and the other is free until November, dont know which is which but you get the idea lol) ?