Trophy "Breaking and entering" bugged

Erkawest

According to PowerPyx, you have to loot everything, not just the stashes. Otherwise it may not count.

http://www.powerpyx.com/red-dead-redemption-2-homestead-stash-locations/

Make sure that you loot EVERYTHING and not just the stash. The trophy tracking for this appears to be a bit off. The first time I did this it didn’t unlock the trophy because I only went for the stash and didn’t loot the rest.

If you're using the Powerpyx guide then the Van Horn Mansion doesn't count. All the ones with stashes and special weapons work. I got the trophy after doing Aberdeen Pig Farm, Lonnie’s Shack, Van Horn Mansion,  Catfish Jacksons, and  Watson’s Cabin. Yes. that's 5 but as the guide stays the Van Horn place doesn't count

9 hours ago, TJ_Solo said:

If you're using the Powerpyx guide then the Van Horn Mansion doesn't count. All the ones with stashes and special weapons work. I got the trophy after doing Aberdeen Pig Farm, Lonnie’s Shack, Van Horn Mansion,  Catfish Jacksons, and  Watson’s Cabin. Yes. that's 5 but as the guide stays the Van Horn place doesn't count

It doesn't say that Van Horn doesn t count, only that its potentially missable

Also I did 6 homesteads for the trophy, not 5

I unlocked the trophy by only doing Aberdeen Pig Farm, Lonnie’s Shack and Chez Porter. Trophy unlocked after opening the stash with Javier at Chez Porter.

EDIT: I did do Watson's Cabin early on but I did it on another save as it looked like it would effect honor. So maybe that counted as one of the four even though it was on a different save file.

Edited by Harry94_

10 hours ago, Erkawest said:

It doesn't say that Van Horn doesn t count, only that its potentially missable

Also I did 6 homesteads for the trophy, not 5

I could have read the guide incorrectly.

And I said I did 5 and think the Van Horn Mansion didn't count.

Either it's a bug or the money on the table isn't considered a "stash".

2 minutes ago, TJ_Solo said:

I could have read the guide incorrectly.

And I said I did 5 and think the Van Horn Mansion didn't count.

Either it's a bug or the money on the table isn't considered a "stash".

Well doesn't matter lol, 5 or 6 is still more than 4, which means the trophy is semi-glitched

5 minutes ago, Yoey_666 said:

I am somewhere inside of Chapter two. The place is always empty, no matter which time I go in there.

Hmm. Skip that one and do the other for the trophy. In ch 3, I did a companion homestead burglary and went to Lonnys (even thou I cleared this earlier). This time some random bandits were in the housr and I could loot the stash again.

But complete the other ones before you proceed

On 10/27/2018 at 2:07 PM, Erkawest said:

Well doesn't matter lol, 5 or 6 is still more than 4, which means the trophy is semi-glitched

No. I named the 5 that I did from the guide. 1 didn't count. So it was 4 for the trophy.

Why does the trophy need to be glitched to you and not the guide itself being incorrect on what is a homestead or what a stash is?

Edited by TJ_Solo

Also as a note, I’d save before doing any of them that involve killing people. None of these seem to effect honor, but if you die the stash is lost in some situations.

I did Watson’s Cabin but didn’t save before hand, wasn’t careful enough and got killed. Went back to the cabin and everyone was gone. Unsure if you can make them come back once that happens. Thankfully you don’t need all of them for the trophy.

This is maybe something stupid but, the socialclub can help you track and make sure you have done stuff right.

There is a Trophies tab and it shows progress of some trophies for example:

Close To Completion

achievement19.png

Give to the Poor

83% Completed

achievement15.png

Hobby Horse

50% Completed

achievement26.png

Errand Boy

40% Completed

achievement16.png

Breaking and Entering

25% Completed

achievement18.png

Take From the Rich

21% Completed

achievement11.png

Lending a Hand

20% Completed

If you save your game just before doing a homestead, you can check in your social club if you completion percentige went up. Then you know it counted or not.

• Like 1