Will be possible to 100% FFXV?

FairyCal

14 minutes ago, Dr_Stranamore said:

I've finished the first DLC main story, now I need to get good weapons: I've defeated the boss with the ones you get from Gladio and Prompto, a Mace and Imperial Blades, with only Mace powered-up a little (evolved and nothing more).

I've got some questions:

1) I've bought a Corsesca (better get two?), how to improve it?

2) What leaders are useful for each area? I've only selected the one that let you buy the Yoshimitsu (missing one item for it)

3) What is a good set of weapons to have nearly no problems with every mission (I am level 24/25)? I'm struggling a lot with many missions

4) Kenny and Cid are totally RNG, right?

1. Whether you want more than one is entirely up to your preference, as for how to improve it there are many different methods that have been mentioned over the past 10 pages.  However I recommend using Curved Hollowhorns, which you can buy from the Norduscaen Garrison leader, and farming a Behemoth Tear from Double Deadeyes mission so you can have two Penetrator X skills on the weapon - I found the final boss quite easy using a similar setup.

2. Always select the ones that give you a trading post.  I think the only one that doesn't give that option is Lestallum.

3. It entirely depends on where you're up to in the game.  I re-posted a relatively early game, easy build that should help get people through the first part of the DLC.

4. Yes. Kenny seems to be easier to get playing with all human characters where no one collects any food - either at the camp or out on the field - most people report success in the Daily Mission.  As for Cid, if you do the Daily Missions you can get elemental shards and trade them in at Post O'Potions (the witch next to the tent where you can get clean) for the crafting buff instead of waiting for Cid to appear.

25 minutes ago, Milkyray said:

Any advice on Yojimbo? That one is tough as nails... Got a dragon's whisker and some descent equipment but I keep missing some of those goblins before they escape. Any help would be welcome...

Best advice and it sucks is hope for team mates that are at or higher level than u to help out

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Milkyray said:

Any advice on Yojimbo? That one is tough as nails... Got a dragon's whisker and some descent equipment but I keep missing some of those goblins before they escape. Any help would be welcome...

If you leave gargoyles alive, goblins won't spawn.

I had two half-assed Dragon Whiskers and a couple other weapons I don't even remember.

Edited by Brightblade76
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Milkyray said:

Counter him, then blast him with warp strikes, with dragon whisker he wont last much.

• Like 1

Quick questions for any of you: I finished the first set of trophies back when it first released, so I only have the March update to do. 

1. What should my first order of business be?

2. Estimated time to complete from my current spot?

4 hours ago, Norava said:

Quick questions for any of you: I finished the first set of trophies back when it first released, so I only have the March update to do. 

Get a lvl50 chocobo and get it to lvl99

Then do the missions for the final boss (grind if needed, it depends on what your character stats are as of now).  And get all Sigils. 

Then do the Departure mission for the last trophy. 

I think 10 hours is a conservative estimate, really depends on how the Chocobo lvl up going (heavy RNG), and on what your build currently is. If you are already really strong and lucky with the Chocobo, the March update can be beaten in 4-5 hours easily. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Norava said:

Must find a Chocobo level 50 and after level up it until the max level in order to unlock new area inside the map and of course the Ifrit house. While unlock new area, if you want, fight with the other protagonist of the main game, if you have a good weapon you can beat they very fast and easy. My advise is go and fight with Ifrit and after you finish with that thing with fire the rest is just fight with Prompto, Gladious and Ignis.

About the time keep in mind some people had bad luck with Chocobos and spent hours find a lvl 50, level up a chocobo is fast and easy. The Ifrit fight could or not be a problem and you may need upgrade more weapons, change your strategy, etc.

• Like 1

For the people that are uncertain about Ifrit,

You dont really need 4 whiskers. One is enough with 100% fire resistance and a pure strength build (during the battle, DO NOT WALK ON THE L.A.V.A.!!!!) It gets a bit grindy in the beginning but once you've unlocked roboresurrection the game becomes a piece of cake. (And no you do not have to grind for laser sensors the +25 strength item is more then good enough)

• Like 2

6 hours ago, SanhRim said:

For the people that are uncertain about Ifrit,

You dont really need 4 whiskers. One is enough with 100% fire resistance and a pure strength build (during the battle, DO NOT WALK ON THE L.A.V.A.!!!!) It gets a bit grindy in the beginning but once you've unlocked roboresurrection the game becomes a piece of cake. (And no you do not have to grind for laser sensors the +25 strength item is more then good enough)

What's this Dragon Whisker weapon I've been hearing so much about?

9 minutes ago, Norava said:

What's this Dragon Whisker weapon I've been hearing so much about?

It's an upgraded version of a Polearm called the Corsesca which you can get from the trader at Cauthess for 3 Crooked Helixhorn (from Too Tough to Tame) and 3 Sharp Scythe (from Terrible Treant)

Here is a lazy build which pretty much only has you farming for a Behemoth Tear, as the rest of the items can be bought from merchants and traders:  https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails?id=1383749666

• Like 1

Has anybody else tried doing 99% Fire Resistance instead of 100%?

Curious if my theory about it being glitched pans out (drastically reduced damage/unkillable by Ifrit). Seemed to work on both playthroughs for me, on both consoles, but I would like to verify. Would be another neat trick to make this a quick completion for people. :)

EDIT: For reference, I was able to finish it in 30 hours and 22 hours, solo with AI, on PS4 & Xbox One respectively. The latter being more experienced with the game, but that playthrough included considerably more weapon grinding and terrible RNG (Chocobo took me 15~ quests to get a Level 50), so with better luck it could be done faster.

Edited by KarmicEcho
  • Like 1

Just got to the chocobo training part and I can't believe I stumbled upon a lv. 50 red chocobo on the second try AND BLEW UP MY CHANCE TO GET IT TO LV. 99 DUE TO SHEER STUPIDITY.

Anyway, just found out that you can close the game before the chocobo gets to max level if you see you're blowing the training and the next time you boot the game the chocobo will be back to its base level. Will do that as soon as I get a lv. 50 one again if needed.

Edited by fabmorais_2011

9 hours ago, Brightblade76 said:

Was it after a retry (dying in the first attempt)? He shouldn't enter the third phase if you retry the fight.

I tried again today. On the second retry he did not shift, but on the first retry he did. Strange.

If anyone is struggling to get the Behemoth Tears to drop on the Double Deadeyes mission, I managed to get one relatively quickly by remodelling an Imperial Mace to a fully upgraded Golden Axe and using it to jump attack the Behemoth's face. I was getting the horns to break virtually every run, while with other weapons I would kill the Behemoth before that. Eventually, after some 10-15 Behemoth Incisors, it did drop the Behemoth Tears:

DtcxxRcWsAAsOEP.jpg:large

Now I'm just farming a few materials to fully upgrade my OP main Dragon Whisker and remodel/upgrade my extra Corsesca to get another one. Should be easy enough to get this done after that.

31 minutes ago, fabmorais_2011 said:

If anyone is struggling to get the Behemoth Tears to drop on the Double Deadeyes mission, I managed to get one relatively quickly by remodelling an Imperial Mace to a fully upgraded Golden Axe and using it to jump attack the Behemoth's face. I was getting the horns to break virtually every run, while with other weapons I would kill the Behemoth before that. Eventually, after some 10-15 Behemoth Incisors, it did drop the Behemoth Tears:

DtcxxRcWsAAsOEP.jpg:large

Now I'm just farming a few materials to fully upgrade my OP main Dragon Whisker and remodel/upgrade my extra Corsesca to get another one. Should be easy enough to get this done after that.

You dont need to farm all of that man, just one whisker is more then enough. Put the +25 strength on all of your items plus 100% fireresist and on the second try you'll win it. I mean it's your playstyle/time but after doing it myself and reading from here, you dont need to grind that much really.

Unless this is about something else, then forget what i just wrote... ?

Edited by SanhRim
Ifrit

33 minutes ago, SanhRim said:

You dont need to farm all of that man, just one whisker is more then enough. Put the +25 strength on all of your items plus 100% fireresist and on the second try you'll win it. I mean it's your playstyle/time but after doing it myself and reading from here, you dont need to grind that much really.

Unless this is about something else, then forget what i just wrote... 1f605.png

Thanks, I've been hearing that yes. I wanted to at least have one Dragon Whisker with double Penetrator X just in case. I won't be grinding much anylonger, I feel I'm almost ready to upgrade my weapons for good. I'm also farming the kW needed for the 999.999 kW trophy anyway.

Edited by fabmorais_2011

On 01/12/2018 at 6:29 PM, KarmicEcho said:

Has anybody else tried doing 99% Fire Resistance instead of 100%?

Curious if my theory about it being glitched pans out (drastically reduced damage/unkillable by Ifrit). Seemed to work on both playthroughs for me, on both consoles, but I would like to verify. Would be another neat trick to make this a quick completion for people. :)

I've got all Comrades trophies but I decided to keep playing in order to get my gear ready for the release of the standalone version. I'll try the Ifrit fight again at 99% fire resistance at some point and let you know how I get on.

4 hours ago, fabmorais_2011 said:

Thanks, I've been hearing that yes. I wanted to at least have one Dragon Whisker with double Penetrator X just in case. I won't be grinding much anylonger, I feel I'm almost ready to upgrade my weapons for good. I'm also farming the kW needed for the 999.999 kW trophy anyway.

You don't even really need to farm kW, as you can buy what you need from Navyth (the fisherman in Old Lestallum)

• Like 1