Will be possible to 100% FFXV?

FairyCal

On 20. 11. 2018 at 7:18 AM, kraven_15 said:

A little heads up for people who are worried about not being strong enough or not getting the right item drops... if you save your gil you can buy +25 strength items for 2100gil at extra item shop in the second half of the game.

By using these, a +30% crafting perk (bought from the witch), 8 meteorites (obtained through dismantling) the tall sigil, 3 x level 1 yoshimitsus and a half levelled corsesca, I went from a 350 strength to 4900 strength!

From this point, the rest of the DLC became very easy. You lose health very quickly, but the AI revives you straight away so you can go back to your hack-a-thon.

At level 36, I walked through all the compulsory battles with next to no strategy.

Ifrit needed a little bit of dodging but even he fell after two attempts.

And then by the time you reach the end, you can buy watts from the fisherman and finish off your 999k trophy. There's still a lot of time to get all this done.

Where is the witch? What's her name?

A what is the name of +25 strength item? What vendor sells it?

Thank you.

41 minutes ago, BloodyRutz said:

Where is the witch? What's her name?

A what is the name of +25 strength item? What vendor sells it?

Thank you.

1- The witch is in Lestallum, look for the fire icon. I don´t know her name...

6416307FF1F19C2ED89B4FFFA5A4B10B872044BA

2- Once you unlock Norduscaen Garrison and find the refugees nearby, you can select a leader that will open an item shop.
He will sell Curved Hollow horns for 2100 gil. This gives +25 attack to a weapon.

Edited by fabiansc83
  • Like 3

Just wanted to pop in and say that I finished this WAY quicker than I thought I would.  I can't say exactly how many hours it took me since I have a habit of leaving my game running, but it was much less intense than I realized.  It's so odd to think that trophies for a popular game only would only be available for an 8-month window (the ones that came with the March 2018 update), but I guess that's the way of things.  It also has been more enjoyable than I thought it would be, but those load screens are absolutely atrocious.

When the update comes out I'll work on getting those trophies right away given how unpredictable they've been with all of this (if I even download the stand-alone at all).

So: to those who haven't started yet, you still have time.  Lots of good tips already in this thread.  Throw on a good podcast and it'll be done in no time, even if you can only play a few hours per day.

• Like 1

Never started Comrades (and that is nearly true for the main game too), is it possible to complete the two DLCs or is it better to just ignore them?

Also, just asking... do you need to be connected or you can just turn off your router and unlock trophies? If it will be a patch can't you just stop the download?

Edited by Dr_Stranamore

I'm playing with the PS4 completely disconnected from the router and I'm unlocking trophies just fine, the game is patched with the latest patch as of now . Hope I won't get some missing timestamps for some reason when I'll sync, it shouldn't be the case since I'm playing with my regular profile which has always been regularly synced before starting FFXV.

3 hours ago, fabiansc83 said:

1- The witch is in Lestallum, look for the fire icon. I don´t know her name...

6416307FF1F19C2ED89B4FFFA5A4B10B872044BA

2- Once you unlock Norduscaen Garrison and find the refugees nearby, you can select a leader that will open an item shop.
He will sell Curved Hollow horns for 2100 gil. This gives +25 attack to a weapon.

Really helpful. Thank you.

• Like 1

Soo.. what level are you guys tackling ifrit on?

Im doing at 48 but I keep dying halfway through usually and the most I've reached was about 10% but then I panicked and he killed me lol..

I'm starting to think I need to be a higher level so that my teammates can at least survive a little more. 

1 hour ago, PooPooBlast said:

Soo.. what level are you guys tackling ifrit on?

Im doing at 48 but I keep dying halfway through usually and the most I've reached was about 10% but then I panicked and he killed me lol..

I'm starting to think I need to be a higher level so that my teammates can at least survive a little more. 

All my teammates died and I had no trouble with him, in like 5 minutes. What setup are you using weapons wise? I used two Dragon Whiskers (lvl120), a Honebami (lvl120) with 100% fire resistance, and a Vitanova (lvl60) just so I can use Curaga, with the Rampage Sigil, and just spammed warp strike to charge up All Creation and using Curaga when I got hit.

48 minutes ago, Griffon234 said:

All my teammates died and I had no trouble with him, in like 5 minutes. What setup are you using weapons wise? I used two Dragon Whiskers (lvl120), a Honebami (lvl120) with 100% fire resistance, and a Vitanova (lvl60) just so I can use Curaga, with the Rampage Sigil, and just spammed warp strike to charge up All Creation and using Curaga when I got hit.

3 lvl 120 honebami with about ~600 strength each and few defensw stats here and there,  and lvl 119 mithril shield with 100% resistance for all elements. 

My strength with the tall sigil is ~3.3k I think. If I use rampage sigil It drops to about 2 point something K. 

Honestly my only issue is that my teammates die prematurely

Edited by PooPooBlast

34 minutes ago, PooPooBlast said:

3 lvl 120 honebami with about ~600 strength each and few defensw stats here and there,  and lvl 119 mithril shield with 100% resistance for all elements. 

My strength with the tall sigil is ~3.3k I think. If I use rampage sigil It drops to about 2 point something K. 

Honestly my only issue is that my teammates die prematurely

My biggest issue is once my team members die if5it becomes like smoke he's hardly there except to hit me and poof and when I warp strikes he becomes a pro baseball player hitting hone runs and I'm the ball

35 minutes ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

My biggest issue is once my team members die if5it becomes like smoke he's hardly there except to hit me and poof and when I warp strikes he becomes a pro baseball player hitting hone runs and I'm the ball

Hahahahaha xD

Also just got it!! :D

Used the exact set-up above. What I did was that everytime libertus went out I went and healed him. Helped immensely because ifrit loves to target him (lol poor Libertus) and he's good at dodging so it was great. 

Then I just spammed warp strikes/evading with the warp along with L2 square to build up my Kamehameha spell lol. 

What was surprising was that in this run he never turned the floor to lava. But I'm not complaining :P

Edited by PooPooBlast

On 20/11/2018 at 1:12 AM, KarmicEcho said:

So, I don't have any particular insights to offer that haven't already been shared in this thread or in the guides available, but I did want to say:

Playing this solo was not as daunting as I had read.

From everything I've read, I figured I was signing up for somewhere in the realm of 40-50 hours for completion (so upwards of 100 hours to complete on PS4 & Xbox One). Fortunately, I had a much easier time than anticipated and was able to finish everything solo, save for the Kenny appearance, in 32 hours. This includes an hour or two of idle time, 2 wasted hours trying to get Kenny solo (after completing all other trophies), and a quite non-optimal build for Ifrit. While he was literally unable to kill me, which was great, I know now to make sure I do more damage on the next go-round as I had to plink at him for a long time. 1f612.png

Stats prior to wasting time on Kenny grinding:

30:09 hours played, Level 33, 3181 HP, 125 MP, 1205 Strength, 500 Vitality, 128 Magic, 261 Spirit, 99% Fire Resistance, 44% Ice Resistance, 80% Lightning Resistance, 98% Dark Resistance, 76% Shot Resistance

So yeah, just wanted to chime in and confirm that there's plenty of time to finish even if you guys haven't started yet. If you don't obtain the Kenny trophy by the end of all the others, just find a pick-up party and knock it out in like 5 minutes in the Daily Quest, as grinding for it solo was a waste of time no matter what methods I tried that I saw online.

Finished it just in time for my Royal Edition for Xbox One to show up tomorrow. Time to do it all again...

Hey there! I’d really appreciate if you could share your equipment and the materials you used too. I’m finding it really hard with so many guides and so many people talking different things.

thanks!

8 hours ago, re_panos said:

I just had Kenny appear as a damn AI teammate xD

Also, I'm grinding for the Corsesca materials. Once I get all 3 of them, what are the best materials to give them in order to be OP?

That Kenny is not the Kenny you want..

But oh damn is he good +10 in levels in comparison to other AI mates and actually gets some shit done.

28 minutes ago, Blackmist_FFXI said:

I got all But kenny via solo. Within 28hr.

But after 100 missions

Still no kenny:$

Best way is to try daily hunt in a busy evening like yesterday.

I tried a few times yesterday.. mostly get 1 other guy, but occasionally got 2-3 other people.

The first time I finished the mission with 4 normal humans, bam Kenny was there. So if you only need that trophy then it's best to just try that.

For reference sake I got it on ~12 PM +1 GMT . Notice that when I tried it before that ~10 PM I only got 1 other guy to join. So its probably the best time frame.

• Like 1

On 11/22/2018 at 10:05 AM, drthomys said:

How is that possible? I had every resistance at 100% and he could still kill me. Also, as far as i understand the game, only fire resistance should matter for this fight anyways, right?

Honestly, the more I read about the experiences everybody else has been having with higher stats and maxed resistance, I don't have a clue. ?

I was curious if my game had just glitched in my favor the first go-round, so I loaded up the Rematch just a bit ago and uploaded a quick video of it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0axc1QNtM2g

So I purposely didn't attack him much, my AI comrades went down super fast, and I was in the battle about 10-15 minutes at that point. I captured a few snippets of video, but I decided to post one where I went into "Danger" status as you'd expect me to go down but I never do. That happened twice more before I shut it off (these times I was afk setting up the YouTube channel), but again I never died. *shrug*

2 hours ago, marius_maximus said:

Hey there! I’d really appreciate if you could share your equipment and the materials you used too. I’m finding it really hard with so many guides and so many people talking different things.

thanks!

Honestly, my weapons are junk aside from my Dragon Whisker, and even that's not optimized whatsoever. There are some great guides available around the web for materials, optimal builds, etc., that would be of much better use: 1, 2, 3, 4

Any general advice I could give is similar to what others have stated, and what the above link #4 goes over.

• Repeatedly build up a Mace with Chrome Bits (purchased in Meldacio Hq) or a Mythril Shield with any spare components you may have (bought or dropped). Dismantle for shards, gems, and meteorites. Having treasure donations in Lestallum is a huge help on the spare component front.
  • Max out your Fire resistance.
  • Build up multiple Corsescas into Dragon Whiskers using Meteorites (raising your level cap to 120), Strength Gems, and Curved Hollowhorns (purchased in Norduscaen Garrison) with an active Cid Boost (+30% stat gain when crafting).
  • Optional, but worth it: Farm for a Behemoth Tear to have Double Penetrator X on your main Dragon Whisker.

My stats weren't high enough to do any decent damage, but I honestly basically went into the Ifrit battle expecting to be destroyed. I simply wanted to see how much damage I would do per hit and how long I would last, then I'd assess how much more I needed to craft/grind and go from there. Instead, I couldn't seem to die so I just stuck it out and very slowly plinked his health down in the most tedious fashion ever. I need to, and very much plan to, spend more time crafting/grinding on my next time through, so I don't feel like I'm somebody to base a build off of. But hopefully the above helps, regardless. :)

Edited by KarmicEcho

53 minutes ago, KarmicEcho said:

Honestly, the more I read about the experiences everybody else has been having with higher stats and maxed resistance, I don't have a clue. 1f615.png

I was curious if my game had just glitched in my favor the first go-round, so I loaded up the Rematch just a bit ago and uploaded a quick video of it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0axc1QNtM2g

So I purposely didn't attack him much, my AI comrades went down super fast, and I was in the battle about 10-15 minutes at that point. I captured a few snippets of video, but I decided to post one where I went into "Danger" status as you'd expect me to go down but I never do. That happened twice more before I shut it off (these times I was afk setting up the YouTube channel), but again I never died. *shrug*

Honestly, my weapons are junk aside from my Dragon Whisker, and even that's not optimized whatsoever. There are some great guides available around the web for materials, optimal builds, etc., that would be of much better use: 1, 2, 3, 4

Any general advice I could give is similar to what others have stated, and what the above link #4 goes over.

• Repeatedly build up a Mace with Chrome Bits (purchased in Meldacio Hq) or a Mythril Shield with any spare components you may have (bought or dropped). Dismantle for shards, gems, and meteorites. Having treasure donations in Lestallum is a huge help on the spare component front.
  • Max out your Fire resistance.
  • Build up multiple Corsescas into Dragon Whiskers using Meteorites (raising your level cap to 120), Strength Gems, and Curved Hollowhorns (purchased in Norduscaen Garrison) with an active Cid Boost (+30% stat gain when crafting).
  • Optional, but worth it: Farm for a Behemoth Tear to have Double Penetrator X on your main Dragon Whisker.

My stats weren't high enough to do any decent damage, but I honestly basically went into the Ifrit battle expecting to be destroyed. I simply wanted to see how much damage I would do per hit and how long I would last, then I'd assess how much more I needed to craft/grind and go from there. Instead, I couldn't seem to die so I just stuck it out and very slowly plinked his health down in the most tedious fashion ever. I need to, and very much plan to, spend more time crafting/grinding on my next time through, so I don't feel like I'm somebody to base a build off of. But hopefully the above helps, regardless. :)

Thanks so much. I’ll try that out. I’m level 37 unveiling the last 6 sigils (out of 13) and trying to catch a freaking level 50 chocobo. I can’t even count how many times I’ve played urgent quest 33 for Behemoth tears with no result. I guess I’ll keep on trying!

3 hours ago, Bumperklever said:

That Kenny is not the Kenny you want..

But oh damn is he good +10 in levels in comparison to other AI mates and actually gets some shit done.

Dude I was surprised that the AI actually did something for a change. The only good AI is Kenny and Jenica (since she constantly heals, i really like it lol)

3 hours ago, marius_maximus said:

I can’t even count how many times I’ve played urgent quest 33 for Behemoth tears with no result. I guess I’ll keep on trying!

I'd be collecting my own tears if that was the case lol. 

I'm not 100% sure but I think that you actually have to target a specific part of his body and break it to get one. If not then disregard what I said. 

Also if you're trying to farm for strength items the easiest way to is to head to the garrison that you unlock in the second update, elect the shop merchant and buy off of him an item that does 25 strength for 2000 Gil. Bought about 70 of them and ended up with 4.2k strength using 4 lvl 120 honebamis and the tall sigil. 

This setup made me power through everything and I managed to finish the high lvl missions like the ones at lvl 80-90 with relative ease( except for one mission called out of the darkness which was hell) at about lvl 40-46. As for the final boss, ifrit, I had to switch sigils and craft a resistance shield which was imbued with 100% elemental resistance for all elements. 

Edited by PooPooBlast

Finished up my 100%

https://imgur.com/a/tUhVIll

I got this with idling around 6-7 hours, it's definitely possible to finish it in under 30 hours if you're a bit lucky like I was. 

The tip from @AlchemistWer helped a lot, upgrading Maces to level 60 with Chrome Bits to break them down into Meteorites and Strength/Vitality Gemstones helps a lot. Otherwise, the big game changer is Dragon Whisker lol, Double Penetrator X makes it so free to do literally anything, but you gotta get lucky to get the Behemoth Tears. 

I personally advise not to have a Katana as your main weapon. Warp Strikes feel absolutely awful to do, and air combat is pure trash with it. 

Good luck for all that attempt it, as it is still doable. The hardest and most frustrating part is the beginning, it kinda grew on me when I made an effective build and could actually play the game properly, even more so with being strong enough to completely ignore AI. 

4 hours ago, PooPooBlast said:

I'm not 100% sure but I think that you actually have to target a specific part of his body and break it to get one. If not then disregard what I said. 

You're correct with that ^_^  For the Behemoth Tears you need to run the Double Deadeyes mission and target the Behemoth's face when it appears and try and break the part off.  I've seen people with amazing luck where they got it the first fight, and then others who spent 2 hours farming for it so it's all down to RNG.

One thing I would say helps is the 30% perception boost (increases item drop rate) and once you get a break from the Behemoth - if it's the Incisor then abort the mission and retry.  Means you keep the perception boost and don't have to go through the loading screens at the end of the fight - cuts down a bit of time.

• Like 1