[Guide] How to get 1.00 Digital Games.

Mako

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, VoidVictorious said:

Has anyone had any experience of knowing anyone personally or yourself getting banned with this method?

From the PSN? No.

From trophy trackers? Also no.

4 hours ago, VoidVictorious said:

What games have you used it on? Have you used it recently and did you set your ps4 up with a vpn before doing so?

I have yet to use it myself, but we've got plenty of evidence around here of the method not being a problem. Don't think a VPN is really needed.

5 hours ago, Jelly Soup said:

I have yet to use it myself, but we've got plenty of evidence around here of the method not being a problem. Don't think a VPN is really needed.

This was the only thing that worried me: https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/341885-proper-tutorial-how-to-download-games-from-psn-to-a-pc-and-transfer-them-to-the-ps4/

10 hours ago, VoidVictorious said:

did you set your ps4 up with a vpn before doing so?

That's not how VPN works. ?

Needless to say, seems like no one got banned so far (after proxy downgrades became widely known) otherwise there would have been a lengthy thread about it somewhere here.

Edited by HusKy

22 minutes ago, HusKy said:

That's not how VPN works. 1f914.png

Needless to say, seems like no one got banned so far (after proxy downgrades became widely known) otherwise there would have been a lengthy thread about it somewhere here.

10 hours ago, VoidVictorious said:

What games have you used it on? Have you used it recently and did you set your ps4 up with a vpn before doing so?

No one was and no one will be banned for it - it is a normal downloading of the files via proxy.

No VPN needed for any of those methods.

Worked flawlessly for me for "Beat Saber" and tried it also for "Jak 3". Works like a charm.

Edited by Smashero

28 minutes ago, Smashero said:

No one was and no one will be banned for it - it is a normal downloading of the files via proxy.

No VPN needed for any of those methods.

Worked flawlessly for me for "Beat Saber" and tried it also for "Jak 3". Works like a charm.

So PSX Download Helper is still the weapon of choice?

33 minutes ago, VoidVictorious said:

I thought PSXDH was method 1. Did I misread that? Also does it work on Windows 10? Thanks for the quick answers by the way!

Yes, PSXDH is method #1, and as I wrote, it is exactly same as #2 (the way how it works), but with GUI, so you do not have to "work" from CMD.

Yes, both are working on Win 10.

5 hours ago, Smashero said:

Yes, PSXDH is method #1, and as I wrote, it is exactly same as #2 (the way how it works), but with GUI, so you do not have to "work" from CMD.

Yes, both are working on Win 10.

Do you need to simply turn off automatic updates and rest mode to prevent all patches? I turned internet off during rest and automatic updates off and some of my games still get patched...

2 hours ago, VoidVictorious said:

Do you need to simply turn off automatic updates and rest mode to prevent all patches? I turned internet off during rest and automatic updates off and some of my games still get patched...

Those should work, yes. Another option would be to remove wifi info altogether so the system simply can't connect to the internet at all.

41 minutes ago, snoopdoggtg said:

Do I need to be in a WiFi network for this to work? My PC and PS4 are connected via cable and the method doesn't work for me

I read your last post and had the same problem. I had to temporarily disable my firewalll, windows defender, for it to work. I hope this works for you as well.

• Like 2

On 23.05.2020 at 1:53 PM, MellowMouseNL said:

I read your last post and had the same problem. I had to temporarily disable my firewalll, windows defender, for it to work. I hope this works for you as well.

Thanks! Now it's working, I can go online now. I downloaded some files and started to get links in the PSX Download Helper. I of course disabled the automatic updates but I'm still downloading the updated version of the games :(

1 hour ago, snoopdoggtg said:

Thanks! Now it's working, I can go online now. I downloaded some files and started to get links in the PSX Download Helper. I of course disabled the automatic updates but I'm still downloading the updated version of the games :(

Once you've got the game to the patch you need, disconnect from the internet all together (unplug router, remove wifi information, etc.) until you've gotten all the trophies. It's a sure fire way to make sure it doesn't update on you, but it comes with the inconvenience of not having a connection on your system until you're done.

Doesn't work, i've spent about an hour now disabling anti-virus. firewall, updating the wi-fi driver, ensuring both PS4 and PC are connect to the same SSID etc and nothing works. When I press next after following method 1 it obtains an IP but always fails on Internet Connection. The CDN status on PSX DownloadHelper is green. Seems hit and miss if it works.

Edited by BluesFanUK

On 25-5-2020 at 4:57 AM, snoopdoggtg said:

The first time I downloaded a game with psx download helper it was the updated game as well. I deleted it and tried again; then it only downloaded 1.00. I don't know why this happens, but it seems it only works sometimes?

Anyway, if you you have managed to download the 1.00 version, it will still download the update/patch once you have reconnected to the internet without the proxy. The only thing you can do is to disable the automatic updates and pause the update/patch download file. You can also delete the download file, but then it will start downloading again once you start the game.

Edited by MellowMouseNL