[Guide] How to get 1.00 Digital Games.

Mako

On 11/16/2018 at 4:06 AM, Mako said:

Before we start, I did not create these programs and this isn't their 'intended' purpose, I cannot guarantee this will work for every game.

DISABLE AUTOMATIC UPDATES AND DO NOT PUT YOUR PS4 INTO REST MODE, YOUR GAMES WILL UPDATE.

(Settings>System>Automatic Downloads> Untick Application Update Files)

Method 1 (Windows required)
This method uses a application call PSX Download Helper. It's the easier of the methods

Download Link | Github

(Optional) When you first open the program, it will be in chinese.
                 To change the language follow the images below and then restart the program.

Reveal hidden contents

2TXteRd.png
626HHo3.png

Start up your PS4 and head over to the settings, set up internet > custom > follow till proxy settings appear. Enter whatever appears in the IP and port box for you in the program, in the proxy settings on ps4.

36JpWCY.png

At this point, hit start and there will likely be a error box, just ignore it and hit okay. 
It will be set up and working, keep the program open and download something small to test. I downloaded Singstar as its only 100~ mb.

Video Guide - Thanks @RNumbers

https://youtu.be/pau4RQ7CYZY

Method 2 (Windows, Mac, Linux, Possibly even android)
This uses a Node.js script, I advise not using this if you can help it. It requires installing a few programs and downloading the game in parts to your computer then transferring it to your ps4.

Download Link | Github

I'll be doing this from the perspective of a windows user, It should be the same past installing node.js

Start off by installing Node.js (https://nodejs.org/en/download/) I Clicked through most of it, accepting all of it besides when it requested to install some programs for C#/C++, It might reboot your PC.

Once it's done installing, you'll need to navigate to where you saved the script in your file browser, it will most likely be in your Downloads folder and zipped. Go there and unzip.

Open up your command line and navigate to your downloads folder. For me all i had to type was " cd Downloads\psx-download-helper-nodejs " and I was there.

If it's different for your system, do the ls command, it will show you the folders you can go into from there, if downloads isn't appearing there and something like Desktop or Documents do appear, just move the script there. 

Once you've put it somewhere you can get to it from command line, type in  " cd <folder name> " and do a ls command to verify the index.js file is there.

Images below

Reveal hidden contents

yjzchP0.png

ciqzrdg.png

Hopefully, you've made your way into the folder with it now, Open up another command line and type in ipconfig on windows, mac and linux will be different.

You'll get a few things to pop up, what you're looking for is the adapter that looks like this.

Fdk7Ra7.png

You want to write down the ipv4 there, in my case its 192.168.0.17

Once you've gotten that written down, go back to your original command line in the downloads folder and type.

npm i
node index.js

It should say this.

HEzdB7r.png

Start up your PS4 and start a download for the game you want and pause it.

Head over to the settings, set up internet > custom > follow till proxy settings appear. Enter the IP you wrote down and put 8081 in the port.

Go back to your download and start it, it should fail and a link will appear in the command line, copy and put it in your browser. It should start a download. Wait for it to finish then drag it into the Data folder in the script's folder then start the download again, the bar should go up and eventually fail again, check the command line again and there should be a new link or two, Check the link and see if it has /appkgo/ in the link. If it does download and repeat till it fully installs. Ignore links that just say /ppkgo/ Examples below

Reveal hidden contents

This is a good link 
gs2.ww.prod.dl.playstation.net/gs2/appkgo/prod/CUSA01037_00/5/f_88a2358e33fef62f8b595dc9787f17ab87ee4ade2d8427cb986cb2785def49bb/f/UP4491-CUSA01037_00-SURGEONSIM000001.pkg

This is a bad link
gs2.ww.prod.dl.playstation.net/gs2/ppkgo/prod/CUSA00405_00/5/f_847ea4f55e6f43934481552a740c9c4777ce13b42c64b86f194eaf03727608e7/f/UP0001-CUSA00405_00-TETRISGAME000000-A0102-V0100.json

Troubleshooting/Common Problems

Method 1 will sometimes have patch links included, see above for differences in links. Only known fix is to restart proxy and ps4 till it works.
Method 1 can have a "NW-31468-2" error caused by some form of router issue. putting your PC in the DMZ should fix this. - Thanks @Igni 

Thanks.

I'd like to thank @HusKyCode for posting the Mad Max patch fix, because otherwise i'd never had looked into all of this and for some corrections on the node.js script

And thanks to those who tested downloading games I don't have access too.

Happy hunting pals.

That was a really great explanation. However im stuck on method 1 no matter what i do everytime it will download ppkgo if i disable it. The video link isnt working also anymore. Could u upload a video explaining method 1 and 2 as some of us are still confused as how to do it. 

Just now, VoidVictorious said:

You too, but unfortunately the question still remains.

only real difference between method one and two is that 2 is a more manual version, you download the game to your computer then it sends it to the ps4, so up to you to decide if its more "dangerous"

I've been trying to do this here, following the Windows method, and the PS4 ends up unable to connect to the Internet in the "test Internet settings" screen.

Does anybody have a clue about what am I missing here?

EDIT:

Managed to get the proxy working after changing some router related settings.

But I can't seem to get it working. I'm trying to download Kerbal Space Programa Enhanced Edition at 1.00, but it always ends up installing as 1.02, which is the later version.

Edited by wowbagger_84

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Mosik_YP said:

Method 1 is working for me however my downloads are VERY slow. Less than 1mb per sec, usually its 6-9. Is there anyway to increase my download speed?

Same here! Also: as I understood, you can download the file with full speed to your PC (which works fine for me, I have the PKG file on my HD) and then "force" PS4 to download it directly from PC, but I just can not make it working...

I am setting up the options of the "psxdownloadhelper" as mentioned in 1st post, but... nothing. PS4 is still connecting to PSN instead of using the chosen PKG file from PC... Any advice?

1 hour ago, Smashero said:

Same here! Also: as I understood, you can download the file with full speed to your PC (which works fine for me, I have the PKG file on my HD) and then "force" PS4 to download it directly from PC, but I just can not make it working...

I am setting up the options of the "psxdownloadhelper" as mentioned in 1st post, but... nothing. PS4 is still connecting to PSN instead of using the chosen PKG file from PC... Any advice?

If I'm understanding you correctly, the only reason your method would not work correctly would be because it could be seen as piracy through the system? I.e tricking the PS4 into downloading games from PSN but its really from your PC?

10 hours ago, Mosik_YP said:

If I'm understanding you correctly, the only reason your method would not work correctly would be because it could be seen as piracy through the system? I.e tricking the PS4 into downloading games from PSN but its really from your PC?

On second page of this topic there is a link
https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/341858-how-to-download-games-faster-by-using-your-pc/
and it seems to be working fine :/

• 2 weeks later...

Is it known if this works for the witness? With it now being a PS+ game, there’s likely to be a fair amount of people playing it and the exploit that was patched out after 1.02 for the challenge trophy requires putting the PS4 into rest mode, however this says putting into rest mode will install updates. I haven’t got access to a computer currently so trying to gauge if it’s even worth going out of my way to get access to one if rest mode is going to prevent it from staying 1.00 

6 hours ago, DJ--FlameStar said:

Is it known if this works for the witness? With it now being a PS+ game, there’s likely to be a fair amount of people playing it and the exploit that was patched out after 1.02 for the challenge trophy requires putting the PS4 into rest mode, however this says putting into rest mode will install updates. I haven’t got access to a computer currently so trying to gauge if it’s even worth going out of my way to get access to one if rest mode is going to prevent it from staying 1.00 

it's mentioned somewhere in this thread that witness crashes on launch with 1.00 and i don't believe anyone has gotten it to work. 

as for the rest mode thing, just disconnect your ps4 from the internet and you'll be fine.

5 hours ago, Mako said:

it's mentioned somewhere in this thread that witness crashes on launch with 1.00 and i don't believe anyone has gotten it to work. 

as for the rest mode thing, just disconnect your ps4 from the internet and you'll be fine.

Hmm ok, I guess I won’t go to the effort trying it if it crashes on launch so thanks for that info

Hi, I want to post my experience with this trend, first of all very useful when you have digital games I tried the method 1 to get Baja edge of control unpatched.

it took me a while to get it done because every single time I tried to the IP of the psx on the ps4 there was an issue with the connection, at the end even with the error I went to the library and hit download to baja and some how the ps4 got internet and it started downloading it was very slow the download but actually got baja at 1.00.

Thanks for the post

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
21 hours ago, dpasztor said:

Just would like to add that The Witness works using Method 1. Now can finally get do the challenge trophy.

You were able to get it to work without it crashing?