Is there a way to change the country flag and country rank?

There is no option to change your country sadly, like me no longer living in UK. The only thing you can do is create a new account for a different region or just continue using your current account. Besides, rankings don't really mean anything other than showing off how much of a no-lifer you really are. It's not like Sony will ever give you any kind of reward for being top 10 in a country/world. I mostly play games for fun and aim for platinums to challenge myself.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, ex10097 said:

There is no option to change your country sadly, like me no longer living in UK. The only thing you can do is create a new account for a different region or just continue using your current account. Besides, rankings don't really mean anything other than showing off how much of a no-lifer you really are. It's not like Sony will ever give you any kind of reward for being top 10 in a country/world. I mostly play games for fun and aim for platinums to challenge myself.

Top 1 got a World record tho

• 2 months later...
On 22/11/2018 at 10:09 AM, Honor_Hand said:

It'd be nice if we could overwrite our country/flag here on PSNP over the one we have set in our PSN accounts. When I made my account I set to the USA because my country wasn't selectable as an option (that and I thought prices and offers would have been nice better there anyway...). My country will probably never be added as an option at this rate and I really don't have any major issue with my account being from the USA but, having an option to display your correct location and flag here on PSNP, be it for leaderboards, competitions against friends or just plain stat tracking, it'd be great.

Again, just the fact of having that as an option here would be nice a touch :)

I agree, Colombia did not have PSN Store in 2014, actually it has, but at that time there was too much limits at that time.

• Like 2

On 11/22/2018 at 2:15 PM, TazDevilz1986 said:

Hello guys,

I have some questions. I really want to change my country flag to the Turkish flag. I also want to be visible on the Turkish leaderboard itself on PsnProfiles. Is there maybe an update coming for this soon? I made my profile to Dutch since i live here and it's also my native country, but i am Turkish myself. And i really didn't want to have a Turkish Playstation Store to deal with the Turkish TL when i made this account. Because it will be difficult.

I believe on PSNTL you can change your flag and country rank.

Why do i want to change it? Because, i like to have it this way. And i was thinking about it to change it to Turkish when i made the account, but like i said the Playstation Store was the issue. I know the Turkish Playstation Store is the same as the Europe one though.

I too wanted the same thing happen as a fellow countryman :) 

I want to believe that we will have something like this in future, might be exclusive for premium members. 

• 4 weeks later...

To me it happened that I was living outside of my country for 3 years, and happened to get an US account since 

1. I could not understand their written language

2. There was no way by then to get gift cards from my actual country because I didn`t have a bank account ot credit card to pay for it.

3 years Later, I moved back to my country and now I have to keep this US account since I don`t want to lose my trophy log. =/

I had a lot of problems with my credit card in the Argentinian psn store back then, i don't know why, we even don't have psn cards here, so i had to create an US account, everything's fine now.

I don't really care about the leaderboard, it's not like i will be in the first place anyway, but i would like to see my flag here, and that will be a good way to recognize other southamerican fellows :highfive:

Edited by fabiansc83
  • Like 4

When I created my account 8 years, my country was selectable but PSN Store was not supported, I purchased a handheld bundle that came with a voucher for a game but could only be redeemable on the U.S. PS Store, so and went ahead and created this account.

A couple of years ago I was thinking it would be really nice if I can display the flag of my country as PSN avatar at least but the flag of my country is only available on the PS Store of Lebanon not even in the PS Store of my country nor in the US PS Store, are you kidding me?!

Anyway, I'd really love if I can display the correct flag on my PSNP gaming profile in the future, and be placed in the correct leaderboards as well.

• Like 4

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Afraid not - if there were, there would be a pretty sizeable chunk of Northern Irish, Welsh and Scottish hunters who would happily drop the Union Jack in favour of their own country's colours.

Englishmen too for that matter - I reckon there are quite a few who would happily fly the St.George's Cross rather than the Union Jack if given the option.

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Afraid not - if there were, there would be a pretty sizeable chunk of Northern Irish, Welsh and Scottish hunters who would happily drop the Union Jack in favour of their own country's colours.

Englishmen too for that matter - I reckon there are quite a few who would happily fly the St.George's Cross rather than the Union Jack if given the option.

Wait until after independence! What will the Scots think then of still having a Union Flag!!!! There'll be a riot! 

On 11/22/2018 at 1:35 PM, ex10097 said:

Did he get any prize money? Will people other than gamers recognize him? Not trying to pick a fight or anything but when gaming surpasses being a hobby and turns into a full-blown addiction you seriously need professional help

It's not important to you, but it is important to the OP, which is why they asked the question. the whole point of this website is for trophy hunters to track their progress! If that isn't your thing, fair enough but why bother commenting making out that people who do care about that sort of thing are 'no-lifers'? Live and let live man!! 

• Like 2