Comrades is no longer accessible

ShianKiri

2 minutes ago, TheLakota said:

You're not the first person to catch me in a "gotcha" so I'll just leave this here:

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/5612-final-fantasy-xv/TheLakota

It's your own fault really. If you had just played 45 minutes a day on weekdays and 3 hours a day on weekends (excluding Thanksgiving weekend) then you could have earned these trophies and you wouldn't be here today spamming this thread about how unfair the world has been to you. You were not entitled to the trophies and I would even go a step further to say that with your lack of dedication, you didn't deserve them anyway.

... But seriously, can everyone just stop with this stupidity?

It is very unfortunate that the base game Comrades was dropped after such a small period of being live. I tend to work better under pressure (like the ol' college days) and when I found out it was being dropped, I not only finished comrades, but completely retired the game. I had the plat back in 2016 and it was about time I wrapped it up.

The drop sucks, but I looked at it as a push to finish. There are a couple games (such as Overlord 2) that I have considered hiding to keep my profile clean. Perhaps that's an option for folks. 

Time to work on the standalone! 

I don’t know if I have anything new to add to the topic, but I just purchased the physical version of the Royal Edition today. I have updated 1.25 and Comrades is still playable offline with the AI bots. I was worried with everyone mentioning 1.26 so I didn’t know if it would work or not but it does. Just my 2 cents.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Nayr_The_Fallen said:

I don’t know if I have anything new to add to the topic, but I just purchased the physical version of the Royal Edition today. I have updated 1.25 and Comrades is still playable offline with the AI bots. I was worried with everyone mentioning 1.26 so I didn’t know if it would work or not but it does. Just my 2 cents.

And what the **** happened to the other patches?

2 hours ago, Nayr_The_Fallen said:

I was lucky enough to have never downloaded them. I stopped playing 15 for a while after I beat the story.

No, you said that you downloaded v1.25 and nothing else after that, does the game let you download updates one after another like, for example, GTA5 for the PS3? So they made that guide to avoid downloading the v1.27 update for nothing? Or am i missing something?

On 12/23/2018 at 11:51 AM, Lance_87 said:

No, you said that you downloaded v1.25 and nothing else after that, does the game let you download updates one after another like, for example, GTA5 for the PS3? So they made that guide to avoid downloading the v1.27 update for nothing? Or am i missing something?

Sorry, I wasn’t clear enough. I only had my game updated to patch 1.25. I never updated the game past that. Everyone kept mentioning 1.26 so I didn’t know if it would allow access to Comrades without it. That’s why I wanted to clarify for anyone who was in the same boat I was.

Confused about this.  I've been waiting for all the dlc to play.  When they announced that the next dlc will be the last I finally started the game. 

I have something in my download list on psn called "Final Fantasy XV: Comrades".  I take it that even this even this version won't work? 

They aren't releasing a stand alone version we can buy later or anything? 

• 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Side-Quest-Shane said:

I just checked my file on PS4 and I have all the dlc other than the royal pack installed. Version 1.20, if I played offline would that work for the comrades dlc? 

I'm pretty sure that's a no, as the March update trophies were introduced in 1.23 (at least in the EU version I have installed).

So you'd be able to get the original 7 Comrades trophies, but in order to get the three March update trophies you'd need something between 1.23 and 1.26.

On 1/25/2019 at 9:30 AM, IDiivil said:

I'm pretty sure that's a no, as the March update trophies were introduced in 1.23 (at least in the EU version I have installed).

So you'd be able to get the original 7 Comrades trophies, but in order to get the three March update trophies you'd need something between 1.23 and 1.26.

Ok thanks for the reply. I’ll get the original trophies and the episodes done offline and see if the proxy thing will work for the other ones. I have a Mac so I’m crossing my fingers it will still work. 

On 12/13/2018 at 3:44 AM, ChenZheCHN said:

Don't update to 1.27!

They ridiculously took off an offline mode and made the game impossible to 100%!

I have five version of the game, but now they are all trashes.

I won't buy any FF game from now, until they fix it.

Stupid Square Enix. They ruined my trophy list.

Sorry to just jump into this thread but may I ask why you bought the game 5 times?

I admit, I also have many double platinums, but that's usually because I get the games first in Japanese and then play them again later in English when they are rereleased.

But five times? And all that DLC as well, that's a massive commitment you got going there.

14 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

Sorry to just jump into this thread but may I ask why you bought the game 5 times?

I admit, I also have many double platinums, but that's usually because I get the games first in Japanese and then play them again later in English when they are rereleased.

But five times? And all that DLC as well, that's a massive commitment you got going there.

I mean it's a lot of trophies, and 5x of them would be incentive for a lot of trophy hunters, especially if most of them come in a person's native language, i.e. English. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/27/2019 at 2:00 AM, enaysoft said:

If you wonder how could I read all those in-game texts, my answer is: It’s not a problem for me at all.

I am a native speaker of Chinese, and am also fluent in both English and Japanese. I am also capable of reading most Korean texts, because 60 to 70 percent of Korean vocabularies are loanwords from either Chinese, English or Japanese. More than 99.99% of PS games support at least one of the four languages aforementioned.

For few exceptions like Latin American version of Saint Seiya Sanctuary Battle, which supports only Portuguese and Spanish, I have to use Google Translate frequently during playing. However, it is still feasible after playing the Japanese version and getting familiar with in-game menus and gameplay systems.

As a trophy hunter, I always try my best to 100% all versions of a game. Why not, especially when reading is not a problem?

• Like 2