Bingo Bonanza 2020

17 hours ago, Sir_Bee said:

I was struggling for a while to come up with a game that uses a peripheral and then I remember my shelf of Nintendo Amiibos.  I would classify them as peripherals, and I have Mario Party which can likely use them, so I think that is the direction I will go for that square :)

From the OP:

The game must have a trackable achievement system, such as psn trophies, xbox or steam achievements.

So anything on a Nintendo-system is out of question as they have no global tracking system for something similar to achievements/trophies. Some Nintendo-games have ingame achievements (e.g. Pokémon Black 2 / White 2 IIRC) but even those wouldn't be eligible, I guess. @XX_FTW can correct me if I'm mistaken.

Edited by Crimson Idol

5 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

Actually I think you could count this because the other side is the enemy to whatever party you're playing as at the moment in the game.  The humans hate the deimos, the deimos hate the humans.  It becomes more evident as you get further in the game and see that outside of Maru and Bebedora, every party member has a rival in the other party that they'd be glad to kill.

I've gotten the plat and I think it's a great fit for that square.  It's also a very reasonable plat to get as long as you pay attention to the guide for the missables.

Alright, cool. Cheers for the input!  I'll probably stick with it then for said category, as I don't see it fit anything else from my card. Anyhow, it'll still be a while before I beat the game.

3 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

From the OP:

So anything on a Nintendo-system is out of question as they have no global tracking system for something similar to achievements/trophies. Some Nintendo-games have ingame achievements (e.g. Pokémon Black 2 / White 2 IIRC) but even those wouldn't be eligible, I guess. @XX_FTW can correct me if I'm mistaken.

Ok then, does it require a peripheral I actually own and use?  Because almost any racing game would be compatible with a racing wheel, I just don't have a racing wheel.  I have owned one in the past, but found I didn't use it enough and sold it.

I'd like to join this if it's not too late! My bingo card:

ERsep5q.png

Have made some progress in 2019 with the Spyro 2 plat (Spyro 3 is nearly done). I'm using Spyro 2 for the Backlog Pyramid event so will fill in B5.

3y7LcAp.png

B1 DLC Pack or Standalone DLC: Final Fantasy XV Comrades

B2 That Takes "Forever" to Beat: Final Fantasy X-2

B3 That You Can Beat in One Sitting: Burly Men at Sea

B4 Peripheral-Based: Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum Session!

B5 For Another PNP Event: Spyro 2 (Backlog Pyramid)

I1 You Think You Will Dislike: Bentley's Hackpack

I2 With Online Features: Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution

I3 Sci-Fi or Fantasy Themes: Spyro 3

I4 Hype!: Spider Man

I5 Favorite Genre: Secret of Mana 

N1 That You've Been Meaning to Get to:

N2 By an Independent Developer: Planet of the Eyes

N3 Player's Choice: Pic-a-Pix Color

N4 Racing or Sports:

N5 Award-Winning: God of War (PS4)

G1 Historical Fiction or Mythology:

G2 With Player Choices or Multiple Endings: Until Dawn

G3 With Player-Operated Vehicles:

G4 Strategy, Simulation, or Management:

G5 Cooperative Game: Pic-a-Pix Pieces 

O1 Originally Released in 2019:

O2 Oldest in Your Backlog:

O3 With an Isometric View: Transistor

O4 Play As an Antihero or Bad Guy:

O5 With a # or Punctuation in the Title: Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 4

Edited by sundrew
  • Like 1

On 15.1.2019 at 7:17 AM, dein-the-dragoon said:

I've got a question about Ratchet: Deadlocked (PS3): According to its trophy set it doesn't have a trophy that indicates I finished the story when obtaining it. But I plan on using this game for square O5 "Anthropomorphized Animals" on my card. Is this game still useable or do I have to switch it over again?

:hmm: I think this drowned somewhere, so I'm quoting myself to bring this question back up. Can someone help me with this?

Just now, dein-the-dragoon said:

:hmm: I think this drowned somewhere, so I'm quoting myself to bring this question back up. Can someone help me with this?

If you ask me, I would say you could use it, but if you wanted to keep the spirit of the contest in mind, you could use the Platinum to show that you finished it rather than just doing the "story".

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Sir_Bee said:

If you ask me, I would say you could use it, but if you wanted to keep the spirit of the contest in mind, you could use the Platinum to show that you finished it rather than just doing the "story".

Okay - since I remember the game pretty well from the PS2 era, this shouldn't be much of a problem here - thanks to you, @Sir_Bee ?

3rd Game Complete: Valkyria Chronciles- O4: Featuring a Romance, or Romance Options.

Really enjoyed this one, meant to get it years ago for the PS3, but somehow never got around to it, picked it up whilst it was on sale (still is as far as I know).

Going to play through it again now, for the platinum :)

Spoiler

B1- In a Series New to You 

B2- Originally Released in 2019

B3- That You've been Meaning to Get to 

B4- Metroidvania or Rogue-like- One More Dungeon

B5- That You Can Beat in One Sitting

I1- That Takes "Forever" to Beat"

I2- By An independent Developer

I3- Anthropomorphized Animals

I4- Reboot or Spiritual Successor

I5- Developed in a Foreign Country

N1- Sci-Fi or Fantasy Themes

N2- Redeemed from PS Plus- Grim Fandango Remastered

N3- Player's Choice

N4- Award- Winning

N5- That Gives you the Feels

G1- With Player Operated Vehicles

G2- With player Choices or Multiple Endings

G3- Recommended by a PSNP Member

G4- With Online Features

G5- With Gorgeous Vista's

O1- Ultra Rare Platinum

O2- Last Game You Acquired

O3- Platform Exclusive

O4- Featuring a Romance, or Romance Options- Valkyria Chronicles

O5- Adventure

• Like 3

First update of the event~

https://i.imgur.com/ryTBmH6.png

Spoiler

B1: Award-Winning

B2: Platform Exclusive: Persona 3: Dancing in Moonlight

B3: That Takes "Forever" To Beat

B4: Ultra Rare Platinum

B5: Reboot or Spiritual Successor

I1: Featuring a Romance or Romantic Options

I2: That You Can Beat in One Sitting: Storm Boy

I3: By an Independent Developer

I4: With Minigames in It

I5: Racing or Sports

N1: Redeemed From PS Plus

N2: Peripheral-Based

N3: Player's Choice

N4: Adventure

N5: Released the Year You Joined PSNP

G1: That You've Been Meaning to Get to

G2: Retro Rerelease

G3: Recommended by a PSNP Member

G4: That Gives You the Feels

G5: With Mystery or Detective Themes

O1: With Online Features

O2: With a # or Punctuation Mark in the Title

O3: Originally Released in 2019

O4: Sci-Fi or Fantasy Themes

O5: With Player Choices or Multiple Endings: Late Shift

• Like 4

On 1/14/2019 at 3:40 PM, DFuzed said:

I forgot to ask if there's a limit you can get in one day; sometimes I play multiple games in a single day. 

No limit.

On 1/15/2019 at 1:17 AM, dein-the-dragoon said:

I've got a question about Ratchet: Deadlocked (PS3): According to its trophy set it doesn't have a trophy that indicates I finished the story when obtaining it. But I plan on using this game for square O5 "Anthropomorphized Animals" on my card. Is this game still useable or do I have to switch it over again?

Yes still usable. The proposed idea of platinuming it is a good one, but there is also some level of honor system that would allowed you to roll credits on the story and claim it here. Up to you how you proceed.

On 1/15/2019 at 2:19 AM, DoctorDrPepper said:

I1 - DLC Pack - Marvel's Spider-Man DLC pack 1 (The New Game + dlc with new difficulty. Real good reason to play a good game one more time)

Nice work so far! Did you also finish the CTNS dlcs this year? If so you might want to claim one of those, as the previous established “adds significant story/story equivalent content” isn’t fulfill by this game’s approach to NG+ as I understand it. If they do change stuff up besides difficulty in the NG+, please let me know if I’m wrong.

On 1/15/2019 at 11:08 PM, Dinkus83 said:

Question: For my "In a Series New to You" category, would Tales from the Borderlands count? I've never played any of the Borderlands games, but since this is a Telltale game, not actually Borderlands, I'm not sure. Thoughts?

I think this counts, sure.

On 1/16/2019 at 4:22 AM, Crimson Idol said:

You are correct, it must be trackable. Unfortunately, Nintendo continues to shut themselves out. I think even iOS games have an achievement system?

On 1/16/2019 at 5:06 AM, voodoo_eyes said:

Alright, cool. Cheers for the input!  I'll probably stick with it then for said category, as I don't see it fit anything else from my card. Anyhow, it'll still be a while before I beat the game.

Yeah I think this is fine.

On 1/16/2019 at 8:10 AM, Sir_Bee said:

Ok then, does it require a peripheral I actually own and use?  Because almost any racing game would be compatible with a racing wheel, I just don't have a racing wheel.  I have owned one in the past, but found I didn't use it enough and sold it.

There’s been a lot of discussion about peripherals throughout the thread. It may give you some ideas of what can count.

On 1/16/2019 at 9:14 AM, sundrew said:

Have made some progress in 2019 with the Spyro 2 plat (Spyro 3 is nearly done). I'm using Spyro 2 for the Backlog Pyramid event so will fill in B5.

Yeah, that counts as long as you cleared the actual story in 2019 and not just trophy clean up.

21 minutes ago, XX_FTW said:

There’s been a lot of discussion about peripherals throughout the thread. It may give you some ideas of what can count.

I have knowledge is power on my trophy list.  There isn't really a "story" other than just playing one game through to completion.  I bought it for when my family was staying with us, hence why my list only has games played with 5 and 6 players.  Could I use the 2 player trophy as evidence that I played the game again and use that for the peripheral square, or would that count as already having been played?

EDIT: Nevermind.  I was looking through my list and I own That's You! So I will use that instead.

Edited by Sir_Bee

IIIIIT'S UPDATE TIME!

FEZI6XE.png

N1 DLC Pack or Standalone DLC: Minecraft (DLC Pack 8)

I2 That “Everyone” But You Has Played: Resident Evil 4

G2 Developed in a Foreign Country: Guns, Gore & Cannoli 2 (Belgium)

B4 Award-Winning: Arkham City

N4 Peripheral-Based: Hidden Agenda (PlayLink)

N5 Recommended by a PSNP Member: Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition (Jens)

G5 That Takes “Forever” to Beat: Cities: Skylines

• Like 3

@XX_FTW - With the originally released in 2019 one, will a game getting an English release for the first time count if the Japanese release was in a previous year?  Asking so I can know if I'll be able to use Trails of Cold Steel 3's localization that is releasing in fall since the Japanese release was in 2017.  I understand if it wouldn't or if it would only count for people who unlike me, didn't go and import it even if they can barely read Japanese.

9 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

@XX_FTW - With the originally released in 2019 one, will a game getting an English release for the first time count if the Japanese release was in a previous year?  Asking so I can know if I'll be able to use Trails of Cold Steel 3's localization that is releasing in fall since the Japanese release was in 2017.  I understand if it wouldn't or if it would only count for people who unlike me, didn't go and import it even if they can barely read Japanese.

I agree that initial localization should count for original release in 2019, but you already have it in your backlog... so I can see where you’re saying maybe not in your specific case? That’s up to you if you feel it doesn’t fit. Seems like you think it shouldn’t.

On 1/15/2019 at 9:55 AM, Champ147 said:

Here is my picture

thumbnail?appId=YMailNorrin

Not sure if it’s just me, but your photo isn’t displaying.

12 minutes ago, XX_FTW said:

I agree that initial localization should count for original release in 2019, but you already have it in your backlog... so I can see where you’re saying maybe not in your specific case? That’s up to you if you feel it doesn’t fit. Seems like you think it shouldn’t.

Nah, it was more a matter of I could see both angles as being equally valid interpretations of originally released in 2019.  I may end up using it if nothing else releases this year that I'm interested in, plus it was good to ask about localizations since I mostly play JRPGs and VNs that can take years to localize.

1 hour ago, ladynadiad said:

Nah, it was more a matter of I could see both angles as being equally valid interpretations of originally released in 2019.  I may end up using it if nothing else releases this year that I'm interested in, plus it was good to ask about localizations since I mostly play JRPGs and VNs that can take years to localize.

Just to give another opinion on that matter I would say it doesn't count.

For me originaly released means it's a totally new game that isn't available on any other console or in any other language.

But as XX_FTW said it's up to you.

I can finally update again! With Burly Men At Sea and Nightmares from the Deep 1 I can check off N4 - That You Can Beat In One Sitting and G4 - With Minigames In It.

I already started Detroit: Become Human, so I'll be able to cross out O1 too really soon. I also planned to complete HZD: Frozen Wilds next month and if I additionally complete Spyro I'll only need one more game for my first BINGO. Would be nice to get that done next month. (:

Spoiler

B1 - That gives you the feels - The Last of Us

B2 - Award-Winning - The Witcher 3

B3 - Favourite Genre - Final Fantasy XIII

B4 - Sci-Fi or Fantasy Themes - Final Fantasy XIII-2

B5 - With Mystery or Detective Themes - This is the Police

I1 - With Online Features - For Honor

I2 - Racing or Sports - Project Cars

I3 - With Gorgeous Vistas - Marvel's Spider-Man :platinum:

I4 - Cult Favourite - Spyro

I5 - Released the Year You Joined PSNP (2017) - Crash Bandicoot

N1 - Last Game You Acquired - Final Fantasy XV

N2 - Featuring a Romance or Romance Options - Dragon Age Inquisition

N3 - Player's Choice - 

N4 - That You Can Beat In One Sitting - Burly Men At Sea :platinum: 

N5 - Originally Released 2019 - Kingdom Hearts 3

G1 - Starts With The First Letter In Your PSN ID (L) - Lumo/Little Nightmares

G2 - Retro Rerelease - Spyro 2

G3 - Historical Fiction or Mythology - God of War 3

G4 - With Minigames In It - Nightmares from the Deep: The Cursed Heart :platinum: 

G5 - Oldest In Your Backlog - Skyrim

O1 - With Player Choices or Multiple Endings - Detroit: Become Human

O2 - That Takes "Forever" To Beat - Final Fantasy X

O3 - With a # or Punctuation Mark in the Title - Ni No Kuni 2

O4 - DLC Pack or Standalone DLC - Horizon Zero Dawn: Frozen Wilds

O5 - Reboot or Spiritual Successor - Uncharted 3

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lorajet said:

Xo7Ug9p.png?1

B1: Yoku's Island Express :platinum:

I2: Enigmatis: The Mists of Ravenwood :platinum:

N2:  Steins; Gate :platinum:

G3: AER :platinum:

O2:  Here They Lie 1f4af.png

O4: Enigmatis 3: The Shadow of Karkhala :platinum:

O5:  Nightmares from the Deep 2: The Siren's Call :platinum:

You are making great progress, but what did you use for "players choice"? 

On ‎1‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 0:40 PM, Intoner_Zero said:

B1: With Player Choices or Multiple Endings- Chaos Child

B2: With Gorgeous Vistas- Uncharted 2

B3: Sci-Fi or Fantasy Themes- FFXV

B4: Starts With The First Letter In Your PSNID- I Am Alive

B5: Hype!- Dishonored 2

I1: With Mystery or Detective Themes- Agatha Christie's The ABC Murders ?

I2: Metroidvania or Rogue-like- Salt & Sanctuary

I3: Featuring a Romance or Romance Options- CollarXMalice

I4: Platform Exclusive- Horizon Zero Dawn

I5: Strategy, Simulation, or Management- Grand Kingdom

N1:With Isometric View- TBD

N2: That "Everyone" But You Has Played- COD Black Ops 3

N3: Player's Choice- Transistor

N4: That You Started But Didn't Finish- The Order 1886 :platinum:

N5: Originally Released In 2019- TBD

G1: DLC Pack or Standalone DLC- The Witcher 3 Hearts of Stone/Blood & Wine

G2: For Another PSNP Event- TBD

G3: With Minigames In It- Opting for Judgement/Project Judge

G4: Ultra Rare Platinum- Tales of Symphonia

G5: Favorite Genre (Horror)- Alien Isolation

O1: Last Game You Acquired- Night In The Woods

O2: Racing or Sports- TBD

O3: In a Series New To You- Shenmue 1

O4: Historical Fiction or Mythology- God of War 2

O5: That Give You The Feels- This War of Mine

Finished I1, N4, and O1. Currently working on N3: Transistor. Finalized some choices that were TBD.

N1: With Isometric View- Fear Effect Sedna

N5: Originally Released In 2019- Resident Evil 2

O2: Racing or Sports- Need For Speed 2015

The only square that doesn't have a game is G2 as I'm currently not in another event and not sure if that will remain the case in the future.

Edited by Intoner_Zero