Resident Evil 2 Trophy Thoughts

DragonSpear2462

22 minutes ago, griffin123456789 said:

Anyone else think the trophy titles for Claire completing the game with an S rank, as well as Hardcore mode are a bit... suggestive?

Suggestive in what way? :hmm:

I like the trophy tiles, anyway. :awesome:

19 minutes ago, Warmachine0341 said:

Yeah I never expect a platinum with resident evil. I won’t be getting the hard mode s ranks either lol

The good news about this Resident Evil 2 is that there is no invisible mode. Been holding off playing REmake because of the trophy related to it and the speedrun one. :unsure:

45 minutes ago, zizimonster said:

Suggestive in what way? :hmm:

I like the trophy tiles, anyway. :awesome:

The good news about this Resident Evil 2 is that there is no invisible mode. Been holding off playing REmake because of the trophy related to it and the speedrun one. :unsure:

REmake's Invisible mode is rendered trivial if you set it to very easy difficulty.

For speedrun just follow a Youtube guide. I followed CarconigenSDA's walkthroughs myself.

3 hours ago, SnowNinjaRaccoon said:

* snip *

As I said, have fun with the 1:08 Run :D It is a new Game+ run with infinite ammo.

This is just silly lol :P 

SnowNinja I've just been reading on powerpyx and thanks for the guide! However I was wondering if you guys have a list of unlockable items available

Current things I know so far:

Spoiler

Standard unlocks the pistol with unlimited ammo

all racoons unlocks unlimited knife

is there more to unlock and how?

I've been wondering what hardcore unlocks (not with S rank)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, rad1calleft said:

REmake's Invisible mode is rendered trivial if you set it to very easy difficulty.

For speedrun just follow a Youtube guide. I followed CarconigenSDA's walkthroughs myself.

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, speedrun trophy tends to make me nervous. :facepalm:

3 hours ago, SnowNinjaRaccoon said:

As I said, have fun with the 1:08 Run :D It is a new Game+ run with infinite ammo.

Looks amazing. Is this the so-called "2nd run" mode?

55 minutes ago, Patrickosan said:

If you can do hardest trophies in New Game+ with cheats than this platinum will be Rare or even Uncommon :)

Are there any cheats known already? :hmm:

39 minutes ago, Deluziion90 said:

This is just silly lol :P 

SnowNinja I've just been reading on powerpyx and thanks for the guide! However I was wondering if you guys have a list of unlockable items available

Current things I know so far:

Hide contents

Standard unlocks the pistol with unlimited ammo

all racoons unlocks unlimited knife

is there more to unlock and how?

I've been wondering what hardcore unlocks (not with S rank)

According to @SnowNinjaRaccoon, Hardcore unlocks SMG with infinite ammo

10 hours ago, QuentinCle95 said:

Is Hardcore Mode an option from the start? 

And if so, is it a good idea to start on that, or should the first playthrough really be on Standard Mode? 

Also, without spoiling too much if possible, what are the requirements to get the true ending? 

I'm not sure, but I think so. a friend of mine started the game a few hours ago and he's currently playing hardcore. 

1 minute ago, zizimonster said:

Hmm. So, at this point, we still don't know what non-S rank Hardcore mode unlocks. :hmm:

exactly, and that's what I'm wondering. Maybe it's unlimited SMG anyways and S rank doesn't do anything specific. Would be cool then my first playthough will be hardcore for sure ?

Ok so I just read that apperantly there is still AB scenarios in the game, which makes sense looking at some of the trailers. Only the zapping system was taken out. But then I wonder if the canonical order is still Claire first Leon second, because I was planning on doing Leon first.

1 minute ago, KainDMD said:

Ok so I just read that apperantly there is still AB scenarios in the game, which makes sense looking at some of the trailers. Only the zapping system was taken out. But then I wonder if the canonical order is still Claire first Leon second, because I was planning on doing Leon first.

Zapping system? What's that?

9 minutes ago, Cryogenicide_X said:

Zapping system? What's that?

You zap people with it:)

Anyway it was a little system in the original where small key decisions you do in the first scenario would influence the second run. You find some extra bag space or a weapon in a locker and you can either take it or leave it for the other character when you get to that point. There was also a door that you could only open with 2 people's fingerprints and other small stuff like that.

48 minutes ago, FinalFormYT said:

Just a heads up for ya peeps, I just have to finish my two hardcore playthroughs and then will be writing the trophy guide:) 

For the collectibles, I found a vid doing it Leon a clarie a then b b. And it doesn't make sense to me. Which order you did?? Do we have to do a a then b b??