Resident Evil 2 Trophy Thoughts

DragonSpear2462

3 hours ago, davidstubbs said:

How hard is hardcore mode? It has the normal save system but what else? A gold trophy for each playthrough is tempting

Hardcore mode:

Requires Ink to save
No Auto-save
Stronger Enemies

From what I've played on Standard, Zombies are a pain in the ass as is, imagine playing on Hardcore.

Edited by Xel

13 minutes ago, SnowNinjaRaccoon said:

A 6/10 I'd say. Hardcore was a bit of a bitch the first time. I managed to finish it with S rank and it unlocked infinite submachine gun and it made the second hardcore run a breeze. Some collectibles were a bit retarded to find without a guide, since the files are spread between all 4 campaigns (and 1 raccoon hides in a 2nd run scenario).

Other than that, 4th survivor requires a bit of thinking and preplanning the rooms but it is doable.

Those 14K steps sounds more evil than they actually are. Right now I'd say I can finish the game in less than 10K with a speedrun route and I did the trophy mutliple times on A scenario which is even a bit longer than the B scenario.... so yeah... no need for panic here.

So, people can play on standard mode and finish with an S rank, then it will make hardcore mode on the next run much easier with the infinite SMG in hand. :awesome:

According to Kotaku, Leon's campaign is roughly 8 hours, while Claire's is roughly 3 hours.

7 hours ago, NewYorican2006 said:

I wanna know if the characters will be wearing a Fitbit to keep track of those 14,000 steps. 

In Resident Evil 7, Ethan wears a Pebble Time Steel lol

Also what determines S ranking? Completion Time?

Edited by h4mx0r

26 minutes ago, zizimonster said:

So, people can play on standard mode and finish with an S rank, then it will make hardcore mode on the next run much easier with the infinite SMG in hand. :awesome:

According to Kotaku, Leon's campaign is roughly 8 hours, while Claire's is roughly 3 hours.

No... you unlock the SMG for S-raking Hardcore mode, for standard you only get an infinite handgun, helps a lot but isn't op.

And this Kotaku article you understood a bit wrong... Claire was only a lot shorter, since they finished Leon first and knew exactly what to do in the second run. It doesn't mean Claire's shorter. The longer one will be the one you did first, easy as that.

Edited by SnowNinjaRaccoon
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, SnowNinjaRaccoon said:

No... you unlock the SMG for S-raking Hardcore mode, for standard you only get an infinite handgun, helps a lot but isn't op.

And this Kotaku article you understood a bit wrong... Claire was only a lot shorter, since they finished Leon first and knew exactly what to do in the second run. It doesn't mean Claire's shorter. The longer one will be the one you did first, easy as that.

Silly me. Thanks for clarifying, then. :blush:

Which one is more difficult, Leon's or Claire's campaign? Or are they the same? :hmm:

1 hour ago, zizimonster said:

Silly me. Thanks for clarifying, then. :blush:

Which one is more difficult, Leon's or Claire's campaign? Or are they the same? :hmm:

Basically the same, they only differ a bit in enemy placement, some sections and the last boss of Leon's Story is imo a bit more annoying than the one for Claire, but just my opinion.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SnowNinjaRaccoon said:

A 6/10 I'd say. Hardcore was a bit of a bitch the first time. I managed to finish it with S rank and it unlocked infinite submachine gun and it made the second hardcore run a breeze. Some collectibles were a bit retarded to find without a guide, since the files are spread between all 4 campaigns (and 1 raccoon hides in a 2nd run scenario).

Other than that, 4th survivor requires a bit of thinking and preplanning the rooms but it is doable.

Those 14K steps sounds more evil than they actually are. Right now I'd say I can finish the game in less than 10K with a speedrun route and I did the trophy mutliple times on A scenario which is even a bit longer than the B scenario.... so yeah... no need for panic here.

congrats for platinum!

and i want to ask one thing...no infinite RPG:facepalm:?