Platinum difficulty?

alicexshy

This is not a 8-9/10 difficulty game. Don’t let the other posts discourage you. I’d rate it in between 6-7/10. The only difficult trophies are the Babel trophies, but with 2 controllers it becomes much, much easier. (You need 2 controllers anyway because Babel stage 4 is glitched) As an example, I myself was stuck on Babel stage 3 Obelisk for many attempts until I finally hooked up a second controller and I did it first try. It’s just annoying controlling 2 at the same time, constantly pausing, but it gets the job done. The game is really good, you should go for it.

• Like 1

You can get through much of the game by watching YouTube videos and simply repeating what those guys did in the game itself.

The only issues you might have are the Babel stages which are one of those "Rogue-like" procedural generations, but practice and pattern recognition will serve you well.  As one of the above posters mentioned, you'll need two controllers to do Babel 4 -- as to get around how buggy it is in one-player -- but it's not terrible and one person can capably play both characters on separate controllers to get through it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

You know... it never crossed my mind to pause when switching to player 2... always just dropped my controller and picked the other one up... hehehe.

Anyway, it ain't easy as others have said due to Babel. Took me a fair bit to do it myself, doing 3 with two controllers and one oddly (second I think) on my own. As long as you know the tricks to advance you should crack it eventually but it won't be easy.

Rest is actually not that bad. The minigame is very long due to the amount of stages but no difficulty as you can just do what is done in the youtube videos out there. Hard mode can also be done this way but the boss levels can fail you as the boss could do something which doesn't happen in the video (final guy who changes blocks being the worse as he could change what is X block in the video to say a fragile block or something).

• 4 months later...
41 minutes ago, nooitzben said:

If you have a fight stick it can help a lot with the babel towers using 2 players. Use the home button to pause when you are not sure what blocks to move. That helped me get the platinum

How exactly does a fight stick help? I imagine it's because you can kind of use both controllers at once? Or something else?

45 minutes ago, mekktor said:

How exactly does a fight stick help? I imagine it's because you can kind of use both controllers at once? Or something else?

For me it was easier using a fight stick and controller because if you use two controllers its slower having to put one down while picking the other up. I've seen a few players use this while doing some speed runs. 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Trouble and seriously hard trophies starts with Babel Tower, the rest is just a walk in the park. Campaign is also not a problem, pretty straightforward.

I wonder if last Babel Tower is still bugged in PS4 version and requires 2 controllers to finish.

Edited by Patrickosan

• 2 years later...
On 6/29/2019 at 7:32 PM, nooitzben said:

If you have a fight stick it can help a lot with the babel towers using 2 players. Use the home button to pause when you are not sure what blocks to move. That helped me get the platinum

Thanks for the tip here on using a fight stick. I recently got the platinum, and a fight stick was a major help in Babel. Besides being able to move two characters more quickly, it also made it very easy to perform coordinated actions such as controlled demolition. Keeping an even landing on tall patterns was the only reason I was able to clear Babel in a reasonable amount of time. I would damn near say a fight stick is a requirement if you don't want to lose your sanity running Babel.

490502ceea.png

• Like 2

• 2 years later...
On 9/2/2021 at 11:32 PM, AihaLoveleaf said:

Thanks for the tip here on using a fight stick. I recently got the platinum, and a fight stick was a major help in Babel. Besides being able to move two characters more quickly, it also made it very easy to perform coordinated actions such as controlled demolition. Keeping an even landing on tall patterns was the only reason I was able to clear Babel in a reasonable amount of time. I would damn near say a fight stick is a requirement if you don't want to lose your sanity running Babel.

490502ceea.png

I'm a bit late, after 10 years I'm trying to plat Catherine, years ago I see a guide or something like that with those schematic techniques as you put in that image, but I cannot find it anymore, anyone knows where is it? Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/6/2024 at 3:39 AM, Steven-Spiegel said:

I'm a bit late, after 10 years I'm trying to plat Catherine, years ago I see a guide or something like that with those schematic techniques as you put in that image, but I cannot find it anymore, anyone knows where is it? Thank you.

Did you ever find this?