Opinions on "Easy" platinums.

DecSim01

For me personally there are plenty of good games that are easy plats which is annoying as the games are not exactly super hard to finish. If I'm interested in the game then I will do it but not just stop at the platinum as I did not buy it just for trophies and if I generally like the game then I'm beating it from start to finish. I don't see any value in buying these type of games speed platting them and moving on instantly like what's the point beat the game at least. Now the game I played recently which I wish I never played, I just thought it would be funny was Drunken Fist those controls are the worst I've seen and all it did was frustrate me lol.

Edited by TheRetroManiac

Easy platinum like these:

easy.png

are the cancer of trophy hunter fun. I am visiting psnprofiles.com like every day and every day I loose my motivation to earn trophies because of this shi*t. For me, people who are playing these games could hack their consoles and add all these platinums manually - it's no difference for me. I really, really wonder how those mass sh*t production is passing quality control, like the jumping games - every week new game for all platforms and regions. PlayStation Store is a dumpster now like Steam.

The other side of the coin is that the "developers" of that kind of games are using you people to earn money and probably laughing at you loud. They are developing sh*tload of reskins and you are buying everything for a virtual trophies.

Don't be mad at me - it's just my opinion. For me it is a quality over quantity.

And to think that 10 years ago it was shameful to have a Hannah Montana game on your profile - just for the trophies.

• Like 3

Well, since "easy plats" have so many different tiers now,

1. I enjoy a bit easy plats on, say, kid's games like Megamind. 3 hours is a little short, but it's a fun three hours. And yeah - I've got that Hannah Montana plat (it wasn't that fun, though).
  2. I enjoy immensely easy plats on Rat games. Often, the game to which they're attached is quite good, though I prefer plats that explore the entire game, as opposed to the first 1 hour.
  3. I do not enjoy easy plats on shovelware. I was fooled once by a title that pretended at being a Frogger-type game, but was in fact just a trophy generator. I won't be fooled again. That's not to say I don't have others (I platted all the Mayo games, after all). That's simply to say that, with their current proliferation, they disgust me now. 
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sykacz said:

easy.png

are the cancer of trophy hunter fun. I am visiting psnprofiles.com like every day and every day I loose my motivation to earn trophies because of this shi*t. For me, people who are playing these games could hack their consoles and add all these platinums manually - it's no difference for me. I really, really wonder how those mass sh*t production is passing quality control, like the jumping games - every week new game for all platforms and regions. PlayStation Store is a dumpster now like Steam.

The other side of the coin is that the "developers" of that kind of games are using you people to earn money and probably laughing at you loud. They are developing sh*tload of reskins and you are buying everything for a virtual trophies.

Don't be mad at me - it's just my opinion. For me it is a quality over quantity.

And to think that 10 years ago it was shameful to have a Hannah Montana game on your profile - just for the trophies.

All those Pigeon stacks are done in seconds ?

I didn't care and still don't care about leadership position but i did notice i was dropping country rank fast and often.

Checked out the profiles that passed me and most of them were full off jumping and stroke the animal type games.

I just don't get it, you have to be so mind bogglingly addicted to trophy dopamine or have such severe ocd to buy these horrible games.

My own personal limit easy trophy wise are probably the powgi games which i did actually enjoy as i like puzzle games in general.

Games do need actual gameplay else it holds no value to me.

There is no problem with easy games, but the problem is that a lot of the "games" people are buying for trophies aren't really games at all.  I don't see it as anything more than just selling trophies to people with some dubious wrapping paper.  A lot of them are less interesting than the flash games I played 20 years ago.  The developers of these are just throwing together some asset flipped garbage and intentionally breaking apart the game into as many stacks as possible on every PSN console they can support.  If Sony didn't have any rules around trophy counts for a game they'd easily put 1000+ trophies into their lists that all pop just flipping menu settings on and off or clicking on "start game".

The intent is not to provide a "game" with clear rules, win and loss conditions and some aspect of challenge/score keeping or whatever.  They are just selling trophies.  Sony just hasn't got around to putting their foot down on it, but maybe they never will since they are still making profit from these transactions on their digital storefront.  Ultimately, the third party trophy leaderboards on PSNP and other sites are completely useless though because it has driven a wedge between people who play games and people who buy trophies.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sykacz said:

easy.png

Referring to these as easy games is an offense to actual easy and fun games, these games are a category of their own, I just call them trashware, since 0 effort went into making them, but let's be real these only exist because there's a market for it and a lack of quality control on Sony's side, I think games like these will just keep growing.

Edited by Sunnyburrito
  • Like 1