Opinions on "Easy" platinums.

DecSim01

32 minutes ago, RedDevil757 said:

I'm not really against easy Platinums as long as the game is good like Spider-Man for example. I really don't like the pay for Platinum games like I am Mayo and the autopopping stacking games though. Those games exist just to pop a trophy and they have completely devalued the trophy system. Platinum trophy count and profile levels are meaningless thanks to games like that.

There really needs to be a difference between an I am Mayo plat trophy and a game that will take 100 hours plus to plat.

true trophies has some algorithm to take the completion rate into calculation, basically the rarer the trophy is, the more point you will get.

I don't mind going from time to time for the easy plats, especially after finishing working on some of those that are really time consuming. Kind of a way for me to recharge my batteries before tackling something bigger, I guess ?. But then again I'm not a real trophy hunter, so I don't know if it counts for anything ?.

• Like 3

I personally don't mind them,  My first platinum was My name is Mayo and I am glad I got it because it is what made me want to start trophy hunting.  Now I use easy plats to fill the time where I can't figure out what I want to play.  Ya I don't have a ton of UR plats because most of the games I am really interested in are around %15-25.  I will continue to buy some easy games to fill my time until something catches my eye.  The next game I want to plat is Sekiro so I am basically just playing indies until then.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Guardian_owl said:

Danganronpa it is murder investigation and trials.

I would never consider the danganronpa games to be easy plats. They just seemed ridiculously time consuming and RNG-based as well....

Dangaronpa: Another Episode - Ultra Despair Girls however was relatively straight forward.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, romanwestfall said:

I say having fun with the game matters more then the Platinum itself. Recently I played a game called Cat Quest which can be considered and easy Platinum but I still had a lot of fun with it and played it more cause it was cat based. xD

I feel that games a hidden gem. I really enjoyed it ?

I don't play games just for platinums. Although I am definitely not turning down indie games with 3-4 hour platinums. 'Cheat' plats that don't really have a value as games outside their easy platinum are a no-go for me, though. I try to only platinum games I think are worthy of it and actually good, or at least have a struggle that makes the platinum something to be proud of. I platinumed Color Guardians a year or two ago just for the trophy (although it was a mediocre, perhaps decent game, I guess), and I regret having it on my list to this day.

I honestly don't care about easy/auto pop trophies. If people like the game and love getting 100% i don't see a issue. But if you got 100 easy pop platinum's and want to brag about how awesome you are cuz you got so many plat's then i just sit here and laugh.

Easy platinum trophies are not cheating, I agree. It's cheating to me if you start to bypass the game's design by using technical glitches or messing around with save files or your PS4's software. Stuff like making the difficulty glitch so you can breeze through a game on Very Easy and get the platinum for the highest difficulty for instance. That's straight-up cheating, in my opinion.

That being said: I don't tackle "easy plats" at all, even if the game is super cheap. Unless it turns out to be GOTY material and you need to play it if you take gaming seriously. I'm proud of having more rare platinum trophies on my profile, achievements that I've had to work hard for. I don't mind getting the occasional Telltale platinum trophy - if the game is worth playing, I should add - but I definitely enjoy tackling a creative, challenging trophy list as well.

• Like 1

why do you give a shit brah? Okay its an easy plat but if you want to play the game its like cool, i mean Hellblade was an easy plat, God of War (2018) all those Ratilaka games are easy plats but so long as you have fun like who cares man.

Game for yourself easy or hard or just inbetween does not matter load games that are hard to your profile or easy just have fun. Like if you are one away from a mile stone i get it it bust out a My Name is Mayo or a Telltale Game but just make sure its one in your backlog otherwise pick another easy plat in your backlog but don't buy easy plats for games you don't want to play because you would be the cancer of gaming for doing that.

Play and do what you enjoy, it's not hurting anyone.

If a game i like has easy plat, i'll still play and plat it.

I won't go out of my way to buy a shitty game for it's easy plat.

I guess it can piss off some trophy hunters, it might seem to them like inflating your plat numbers with little to no effort while they tackle games that require more work to be done.

It's not cheating, you buy the game with your money and you complete the requirements (no matter how absurd they are) to gain that plat.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12.3.2019 at 11:18 PM, romanwestfall said:

I say having fun with the game matters more then the Platinum itself.

Couldn't agree more. If a game has an interesting story / funny characters / etc., it shouldn't matter if it has an easy platinum or not. However, I'm not very fond of games that seem to just be made for easy plats like My Name is Mayo (if you can even call this title a game). Sadly, quite a lot of players support games like this because they want to increase their rank on the leaderboard, and because of this, some devs might tend to focus more on the trophies instead of the game which is sad because devs who actually put effort into their games might get overlooked because their trophies are "too hard".

Edited by Sillshez15

Easy plats exist and if want to take advantage of them, then go for it. I honestly can't blame anyone for giving into the temptation; it feels like a requirement to make substantial leaderboard progress sometimes. It bothers me a little when people take advantage of them.

If you genuinely want to play a game that is a easy plat, good on you. I have no gripes with someone enjoying a game they genuinely enjoy.

On 6/7/2019 at 1:18 PM, Sillshez15 said:

Couldn't agree more. If a game has an interesting story / funny characters / etc., it shouldn't matter if it has an easy platinum or not. However, I'm not very fond of games that seem to just be made for easy plats like My Name is Mayo (if you can even call this title a game). Sadly, quite a lot of players support games like this because they want to increase their rank on the leaderboard, and because of this, some devs might tend to focus more on the trophies instead of the game which is sad because devs who actually put effort into their games might get overlooked because their trophies are "too hard".

That is an excellent point. I'll admit to playing some games like that because I find them curious outside of them being easy Platinums. If nothing else, I would say they're similar to mobile games in that they're good for passing time if you don't feel like playing something that requires a lot of attention. Some of the games on my Vita are games that I keep around to pass the time with regardless if i got all the trophies or not. Sometimes I'll even replay the same games more then once after beating all the trophies for it because that's how fun the game itself is.

Overall, I've personally found that some of the games I've enjoyed the most over the past few years are games that I can't even earn the platinum in or are games that are not even platinum games. 

One of my recent favorites (which I really need to get back to at some point) is Monster Hunter World which I enjoy playing a lot even though i have no hope of ever getting the platinum. xD My main priority when playing any PlayStation game is to beat the game first then get any trophies along the way if they're within reason. Much as I do like trophies, I'm not going to obsess over getting every one of them and will often times leave out the hardest ones if I feel they're not worth the effort or I don't have the skill needed seeing that I'm more a casual player then a hardcore one.

Hope that's all relevant to the topic cause I just now realize on went on a monologue. xD

On 6/7/2019 at 2:15 PM, Rise_GKM said:

If you put in time and money, then you earned the trophies. It doesn't matter what games you "used" to increase your PSN level and rank on the leaderboard as long as you don't cheat using tools that break the system.

Everything is understandable and respectable as long as it's not a "hack."

8otw-1432442892-43259-full.jpg?w=604

That is an excellent point. :) If I may add onto that, I personally find that playing any game is fine if you're interested in it. I find even the easy Platinums are often times fun and good for killing time aside from getting the trophies. A good example are the point and click games on the PS4 that are easy Platinums. Theyre simple enough to play and earn the Platinums on but they're usually good and interesting stories as well. At least the games I played were interesting stories. :)

• Like 1