almost impossible trophies

jerk2518

I rarely go for high reflex trophies (and don't really mind if not getting them) but the one almost impossible trophy I really want is Hail to the King from FFIX (1000x jump rope).

I know it's somewhat easy to many (and even easier with remote play macro) but my best was early 300. Could be my lifetime trophy if I eventually get it. I won't stoop that low to macro-ing or ask somebody to do it for me for a title that I've been trying for 17+ years from one of my favorite games of all time.

Two immediately came to mind: Max Payne 3's "The Shadows Rushed Me," and Velocity 2X's "FuturLab Certified" (I actually developed a chronic tendon injury in my right thumb while earning that one).

Edited by ScarecrowsFate

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/2044-cloudberry-kingdom/4-shenanigans (How do you link trophies like above?)

This one trumps everything mentioned so far me thinks. The fact that out of 24 thousand players only 25 achieved this and only 22 proceeded to 100% the game should say a lot more than I ever could. It's the one technically achievable trophy that I've accepted I will never get on my main profile. For reference, this is the final level you have to complete to get this.

• Like 1

Latter-game no death runs in Super Meat Boy.

Downwell Hardmode boss is still eluding me. I've gotten to it a few times and yet every time my brain just melts and dies so I make dumb mistakes.

I got pissed off with Hyper Light Drifter's 800 consecutive dash trophy and haven't gone back yet either. That shit hurts your hands after a while.

Also challenges in fighting games have always been super tough for me. I'm pretty decent when it comes to reactive fighting but awful at inputting a ton of commands in quick succession.

I can't speak for any trophies that I didn't get yet, though there are quite a few I'm not looking forward to. As for the ones I can attest to:

Far Cry 2 - Soldier of Misfortune -getting multi kills, headshots, downs and executions with all weapons was an incredible chore.

GTA IV - Auf Wiedersehen Petrovic -it took me almost 9 years to get it, I did all the races 4 times, thought my game glitched, turns out I didn't do 1 more gamemode... stupid ol' me.

Dead by Daylight - Evil Incarnate -you need a rare item (in my case 2) to be able to even attempt this, on 3 occassions people just disconnected when they saw me going for it, toxic community.

For me, trying to play through Arcade Mode on Bleed has been a thorn in my side... I'm struggling with making it through on easy difficulty, let alone on hard or very hard!

Another pain in my ass is trying to get through the Pantheon of Hallownest on Hollow Knight! Fighting through all the bosses one after the other isn't too difficult for the most part, but those last 4 or 5 can be dicks! Nothing like wasting an hour and a half fighting your way through, just to be ripped to bits by the next to last one. 

The hardest one I actually have acuired that I'm most proud of was finishing a run on Flame Over without letting anyone die, as well as completing all the missions on the same run. That's my most rare trophy/plat and that took some serious patience and effort!

• 4 years later...

Crypt lowest of the low (9 characters in a row + must do low% runs without dying once, quitting out, and without picking up items), Super meat boy's long list of deathless trophies mostly dark world runs are the real pain, Super meat boy forever an even harder version with even more difficult dark worlds, Bleed 1 Arcade Very hard, double speed enemies, very limited health, no healing at all. Bleed 2 Arcade Very hard, no upgrades, health packs, regenerating abilities, double speed enemies, more bosses than the first game.

Edited by Yukiko Miyamoto