would you pay for this?

LegolasRanger

4 minutes ago, Smashero said:

There are people in this world who works unbelievably hard for even less than a buck per day and have to live like that...

No reason to laugh IMHO :/.

Compare our "first world problems" ("to pay $$$ for a trophy or not?")* with theirs...

(Just a small OT from mi side...).

*just to reminder: to pay for a useless and worthless 240x240 *.jpg/png/bmp picture whatever...

that is true but when it comes to play and earn trophies that is too less of a price and will be laughed at 

but let me ask you this... who would deny such an offer?

if a person pms you now and asks you to plat uncharted 1 for him for 200$ you would reject him?

true its usless but like i said " shut up and take my money" lol

we both spent alot of money to reach where we are collecting those 240.240 photos ;)  playing ourselves ofcourse but still we spent money.. ALOT of it

forget about world problems.. they will never be solved

19 minutes ago, Hakoom said:

if a person pms you now and asks you to plat uncharted 1 for him for 200$ you would reject him?

But we are talking only about one Uncharted huh?... Hm... Hm...

Payment upfront with 3 months deadline:

I will ask my colleague who never played it: "Hey wanna play U1? You remember, this awesome title, you always missed? Yeah? So listen, I will get you the game, but...

The only issue is that you will have to get a plat for it. Ah... You do not know what plat is... Yyy... I will give you some guides and you need to follow, ok? Just to get some special requirements during the game and you will hear "pling" from time to time. Ah! And you have to finish it twice :/... Really? You want to?! Of course it will be fun, you will see! Ok :D"

Win-win situation!

(Above mentioned story is a fiction :D)

Edited by Smashero

17 minutes ago, Hakoom said:

that is true but when it comes to play and earn trophies that is too less of a price and will be laughed at 

but let me ask you this... who would deny such an offer?

true its usless but like i said " shut up and take my money" lol

we both spent alot of money to reach where we are collecting those 240.240 photos ;)  playing ourselves ofcourse but still we spent money.. ALOT of it

forget about world problems.. they will never be solved

Someone actually did send me a psn asking me to earn him a platinum and offered a £25 psn voucher for it.

it was a long time ago - I can’t remember what game it was... i want to say maybe Dead Space? It was something in that region anyways, like a 20-30 hour platinum (for me anyways, I’m no hero, and I’m not a speedy player.)

I remember feeling fucking insulted - not that they thought I would do it at all, I mean, as I don’t really care about the whole ‘this will debase the sanctity of the trophy system blah blah blah’ stuff - but at the pittence he/she was offering.

Money is replacable, but my time isn’t. I don’t work for less than what I’m worth, so I just sent a polite message back with what I saw as an acceptable rate: 30hours @ £40/hour = £1,200.

Oddly enough, I never heard back.

I think that offering a service, which is what it would be in that case, is fine, for acceptable recompence, but in my view, the kind of person who places so little value on trophies that they would be happy to simply buy them is the same kind of person who vastly undervalues the efforts of other people, and thinks lowballing people is acceptable.

i don’t want to mess with those kind of people.

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Someone actually did send me a psn asking me to earn him a platinum and offered a £25 psn voucher for it.

it was a long time ago - I can’t remember what game it was... i want to say maybe Dead Space? It was something in that region anyways, like a 20-30 hour platinum (for me anyways, I’m no hero, and I’m not a speedy player.)

I remember feeling fucking insulted - not that they thought I would do it at all, I mean, as I don’t really care about the whole ‘this will debase the sanctity of the trophy system blah blah blah’ stuff - but at the pittence he/she was offering.

Money is replacable, but my time isn’t. I don’t work for less than what I’m worth, so I just sent a polite message back with what I saw as an acceptable rate: 30hours @ £40/hour = £1,200.

Oddly enough, I never heard back.

I think that offering a service, which is what it would be in that case, is fine, for acceptable recompence, but in my view, the kind of person who places so little value on trophies that they would be happy to simply buy them is the same kind of person who vastly undervalues the efforts of other people, and thinks lowballing people is acceptable.

i don’t want to mess with those kind of people.

i have had the same situation and i agree its an insult

17 minutes ago, Smashero said:

But we are talking only about one Uncharted huh?... Hm... Hm...

Payment upfront with 3 months deadline:

I will ask my colleague who never played it: "Hey wanna play U1? You remember, this awesome title, you always missed? Yeah? So listen, I will get you the game, but...

The only issue is that you will have to get a plat for it. Ah... You do not know what plat is... Yyy... I will give you some guides and you need to follow, ok? Just to get some special requirements during the game and you will hear "pling" from time to time. Ah! And you have to finish it twice :/... Really? You want to?! Of course it will be fun, you will see! Ok :D"

Win-win situation!

(Above mentioned story is a fiction :D)

we could turn it to a point and click game xD 

• Like 1

I personally don’t plan on ever paying for anything like this or getting paid for doing anything like this for somebody else. 

I suppose it isn’t too bad that the people that do want this for whatever reason have an option that probably won’t try to scam them out of their money or account though.

Looking up guides to complete a game is bad enough.

Asking someone to do something for you when they come over is bad enough.
Getting someone to literally do entire segments for you on share play is bad enough.
Paying for someone to play a game for you is a complete joke.

3 minutes ago, Happy said:

I personally don’t plan on ever paying for anything like this or getting paid for doing anything like this for somebody else. 

I suppose it isn’t too bad that the people that do want this for whatever reason have an option that probably won’t try to scam them out of their money or account though.

How is it not bad? They're paying to win... trophies?! How is that good in any sense? You're taking a meaningless hobby and shitting on it by monetizing it. And it isn't "too bad"? Ahahahahaha.

2 minutes ago, RockyRoller said:

Why buy a Black Ops 4 plat for £350 when you can buy a brand new PS4 Pro for roughly the same amount!

Guess in this particular case, the potential customers would wonder why buy a PS4 Pro, given they intend to pay people to play the games for them :)

2 minutes ago, Valyrious said:

How is it not bad? They're paying to win... trophies?! How is that good in any sense? You're taking a meaningless hobby and shitting on it by monetizing it. And it isn't "too bad"? Ahahahahaha.

What i’m saying is that the demand exists and it’s going to happen anyway, thus it’s preferable if it happens in a regulated fashion with nobody getting scammed.