Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Spaz

How difficult?

5 posts in this topic

I am late to the party but I must say that Trine has slowly become one of my favorite indie game series in a long time.

The characters, the humor, the atmosphere, I just love soaking it in.

The first Trine presented a tad of a challenge in a couple places but it was fairly easy. Trine 2 on the Playstation 3 was a cakewalk, Trine 3: The Artifacts of Power was a collectahon but was also a cakewalk.

Trine 2: Complete Story looks to be in a completely different league. The levels are much more involved and longer than they were in the first game, as well as more difficult. I think this will be quite a challenge since I hear that it's quite tough later on in Hardcore Mode. In fact less than 10 percent of players have even made it to the last few levels. Maybe this game was on Playstation Plus at some point but I wasn't here to take advantage of that.

How difficult is the game? I'm aware I'm asking a pretty obvious question, but this would definitely be a nice game to add to my collection, and it would round out the series.

I've played it quite a lot and it was challenging but nothing to be afraid of. 

It was indeed on PS plus at one time. I got it back then. I consider myself an average-to-fairly-skilled gamer, and I managed to get through it, albeit with a bit of frustration here and there. If you're fond of Trine, though, I'd say go for it, since you'll probably enjoy the time spent! :)

It really isn't that tough. It uaed to be harder because missions would randomly not count as being completed and there was no way of telling which levels counted, but they have since added a method of stat tracking so the issue is only a minor annoyance if it even still occurs.

Play this game, it is a superb platformer. Skip 3 unless you are a rabid fan.

I found this one the hardest of the 3 games. Low Grav Arrows makes a lot of stuff easier but many levels are taking me 3-4 times on Hard/Hardcore to complete.