Undead Wolf

Does the Trophy System Need an Overhaul?

Does the Trophy System Need an Overhaul?   283 members have voted

1. 1. Should it be changed?

• It's outdated and should be changed (be sure to post if you have a better idea than mine)
    • It's perfect the way it is now

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

228 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, BB-BakkerJ said:

Not exactly the right thread to post this but okay.

Gamesharing on PS4 isn’t worth it imo but this is what you would need to do.

1. Set up your account on your brother’s PS4.

2. Set your account on your brother’s PS4 as the primary account/PS4.

3. Now your brother can download your games via your account and play it on his own account. But this will stop you from playing your own digital games until you switch back your account on your own PS4 back to primary. 

Correction 1: You can play all your games on your account, where you bought your games, even without primary access

4. Once you do that, your brother loses access to the games. This means you can’t both have access to your digital game collection at the same time.

Correction 2: You can both have access.

I did some gamesharing with my brother on the PS3 years ago too, because there were no restrictions and was easy to do. On PS4 it isn’t worth it imo and I don’t recommend it.

Info: PS4 is a bit different .. PS3 have 2 primarys you can activate, but you need one for your own account as well, while on PS4 one of those is fixed to your account, so you can always play your own games 

To answer your questions:

1. I think this is against Sony’s ToS. But no worries, you will not get punished.

2. No

3. Yes

4. Not really.

Check the Infos in the quote ✌

22 minutes ago, BB-BakkerJ said:

3. Now your brother can download your games via your account and play it on his own account. But this will stop you from playing your own digital games until you switch back your account on your own PS4 back to primary. 

4. Once you do that, your brother loses access to the games. This means you can’t both have access to your digital game collection at the same time.

Is this really true? Because some friends who share were both able to play Anthem together and neither lost access. They are also planning to play Crash Team Racing together.

9 minutes ago, jayboo1991 said:

Check the Infos in the quote 270c.png

Oh I just saw this, thanks!

As someone who's used to the god awful achievement system Steam uses, I'm very happy with the current trophy system