Game of Thrones - last season, episode comments - SPOILERS -

BG_painter

3 minutes ago, BG_painter said:

1. I didn't hear that either 1f633.png

He actually says it multiple times if you listen closely. As @Hakoom stated the subtitles do say "yell" for some reason, but it seems rather clear to me what he says after watching the video a couple times.

3 minutes ago, BG_painter said:

Regarding the article, I know you like video game references, I read something like this in utube:

If GoT was a multiplayer session:
The Hound: had all max stats, lv 99, AFK the whole game, comes back resumes gameplay while insulting every1 on the mic.
Arya: Speedrun the whole session, lv 50, double jump wall glitch, cheese the boss in a one-hit kill.

lol there's tons and tons of funny comments on youtube regarding that scene. xD 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

I watched a short vid on the NK's death again on an article, love reading about theories, and there's 2 things I didn't notice the first time around.

1. I didn't notice Jon Snow yelling "Go" while facing the zombdragon. I thought he just yelled.

2. The general's hair blew forward as if something was running by.

^the article, combined with the little details, suggests that Jon knew Arya was trying to get by and he was going to sacrifice himself to make sure she was able to pass by undetected. The general's hair and whooshing effect could have been Arya hauling ass lol. The writers could definitively tell the viewers the little details we're looking for though.

Apparently this wasn’t in the subtitles or translated for different languages. But it would be a lot better than him randomly yelling lol.

• Like 1

#upset #Ih8edit #sansawillbequeen #idon'twantthis

@Nighcisama my friend, it's my turn to h8 the series. I'm not joking, ? ?

On topic
After everything Dany went thru finish her dragons like this????????

And wtf is wrong with Jaime

And they wanna throw Dany as a mad queen like her father on our face like that, at the end of the season... at least if that was being built in the past seasons i could have accepted.
BS

Edited by BG_painter
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, BG_painter said:

After everything Dany went thru finish her dragons like this????????

And wtf is wrong with Jaime

And they wanna throw Dany as a mad queen like her father on our face like that, at the end of the season... at least if that was being built in the past seasons i could have accepted.

I disagree, my friend. I have other critics to the episode (Jon you heartless bastard, poor Ghost), but on this i have different opinion:

- Rhaegal's death was a direct consequence of Dany's arrogance. He was clearly not in conditions to fly propperly, even when they're heading south he barely could lift off. Okey, Euron's attack was an ambush, but come on, you're in enemy territory and don't even send a scout? 
- Jaime and Cersei are connected for better or worse. He was trying to probe that he could be a good man, but he can't change what he already did. But also, he feels responsable in a way for the actions of his sister and lover, because they've always been one. I think he will fulfill the Valonqar prophecy. 
- About Dany, i think they always showed clues about Dany's dark side. She has never been merciful, burning the Tarlys is just an example. And you have to think that she was raised her entire life with the Throne being her only goal; now, she feels like she's losing everything. Suddenly there's a guy who has more right to be the King, she loses her army, two dragons, and for the first time she's facing an enemy who could actually beat her. I don't like the idea of Mad Dany, but i think it has plenty sense. This is the Mad Queens War.

I almost forget the worst part by far: wtf with that line of Sansa. Now being raped is something that she has to thank because that made her stronger? Seriously?

Edited by matigrosso91
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, iGGTheEnd said:

I love how the internet is going insane because the show isn't doing the predictable thing,  like come on if you watched GOT for 10 years you will realize nothing is going to end up how you want it.  

oh, i know :giggle:

But the fan base (books) did get a few things right, like who was Jon's mother before, so it's only natural we have so many theories.

I do think they are building ground to have Sansa as the queen. *i don't like it*

@matigrosso91 I am happy you enjoyed it ? :)

It is not a matter of predicting the outcome, it is how it's done, we know that GRRM told DnD how the story ends (even though I believe, he himself is not sure how), but leaving the writing and story telling for them, when it is not their forte, resulted in a lot of BS like episode 3, where if we're to follow GOT's logic, every single character should've been dead, all of them were surrounded with at least 7 wights and they just lived through it.

Yeah, im whining and bitching, but this series is turning into: " Just keep watching till season 6, and forget the rest " ala, Dexter, Lost, etc.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, hsn963 said:

It is not a matter of predicting the outcome, it is how it's done, we know that GRRM told DnD how the story ends (even though I believe, he himself is not sure how), but leaving the writing and story telling for them, when it is not their forte, resulted in a lot of BS like episode 3, where if we're to follow GOT's logic, every single character should've been dead, all of them were surrounded with at least 7 wights and they just lived through it.

Yeah, im whining and bitching, but this series is turning into: " Just keep watching till season 6, and forget the rest " ala, Dexter, Lost, etc.

I am honestly starting to think they had no more budget. :|
Also I found leaks online. If it's true all next episodes will suck!

5 hours ago, BG_painter said:

#upset #Ih8edit #sansawillbequeen #idon'twantthis

@Nighcisama my friend, it's my turn to h8 the series. I'm not joking, 1f625.png1f4a9.png

The funny thing is, I did not even want to watch the episode until I got the green light from other people saying it wasn't a total piece of shit like the last episode, did not want to do that to myself. Then I got the message that you mentioned me, and I got morbidly curios. I was asking myself, could they actually top the last episode in terms of bullshit, or, since our opinions were pretty much the opposite on last episode, did your vehement dislike for the newest episode mean that I could enjoy it, so I watched it to find out.

Gotta say, a few things pissing me off, but also a return to form in some other ways. Let's start with the positive.

Varys staying true to his word and warning Dany, then conspire with Tyrion felt like the old kings landing days of Game of Thrones. It was a rational decision by Varys based on what he clearly saw Dany turning into, he is wary of her bloodline and her dragons giving her all the opportunity, and he thinks the more grounded Jon is the better choice.

The dragon dying feels like an underwhelming punch in the gut at first, as he pretty much died like his brother, and it was clearly Danys fault. It is a consequence though, as Sansa highly recommended giving the army time to rest. Dany saw that her dragon could barely lift off, but still decided not to take any precautions, she has not learned anything and with her loyal people dying at an alarming rate it seems unlikely that she will sit on the throne. It makes sense that she is a shitty ruler because no one ever really teached her how to, she also didn't do the best job in the east despite her advisers and since she likes to ignore the advice of smarter people regularly and feels above learning from her mistakes, it is an upside for me that we see the results of it.

I liked the whole madness angle, as I think it was foreshadowed long before. By now she had people crucified, buried alive, burned alive, fed to her dragons and more. She once before talked about burning entire cities to the ground, and now her anger and frustration will take over.

Cersei being a mad bitch manipulating everyone and not caring whether she takes the whole town with her, everything else would be unfitting at this point. It really is two mad queens going at it and no one having the guts to put them back in their place, not yet anyway. Remembering how much I hated Joffrey back then, I gotta say he wasn't that bad compared to these two, he had his short lived moments of wisdom at least. The two current queens feel like each of them is a strong personification of Joffreys worst qualities, with Dany being mad due to being the product of incest and Cersei being the sadistic madness that developed over the course of many killings, and both were not properly teached how to be a good ruler.

Now the downsides.

The dragon dying as a consequence was a positive to me, and it evened the playing field a bit, but did it have to happen so easily... There was all this big talk from Tywin back then how the throne needed Dorne to fight off the dragons because they are the only people to know how, the ballistas were horribly ineffective in the past season, teasing some other way to go about it. When we learned that Dorne was defecting to Danys side, it seemed like the dragons would be the biggest obstacle to overcome, yet this time the same ballistas that did jack shit last season just shot the dragon out of the sky like it was some shitty bird. I expected something like a wildfire bomb to be used at least, catapult that shit right into the dragons face and do some damage, or an actual ambush, not just "there it is, shoot" and he goes down from a few ballista shots.

People giving no fucks about blurting out the most crucial secret of the series. Like, Sansa swore on it and still blurted it out first chance she got, Tyrion told it to Varys of all people. That is downright stupid.

Arya with all her crappy family talk, then pissing off to a supposed suicide mission with Clegane, not expecting to come back. She does not expect to return to protect her family, and she goes anyway, makes no sense to me, as if it matters who kills the people on her list that she takes people off of on a whim anyway.

Jamie returning to Cersei the way he did makes no sense either, and it probably is just a bullshit way to fulfill the prophecy most already forgot about, that Cersei will die at the hands of a brother. There would have been other ways to go on about that, not just some random "your sisters ally made an ambush" to flip the switch and let him fuck off back to the capitol where he can't realistically expect anything other than being killed after Cersei already sent an assassin. If he just wants to kill her, go with the army, if he wants to help her win, abuse the chance that you are inside the gates of Winterfell and do some damage, don't just fuck off.

Some other things are hard for me to categorize as positive or negative, so I won't mention them. It might only be because of how utterly crap the last episode was in comparison, but this one was overall positive for me despite the few headscratchers and annoyances. The end of the series is approaching fast, so I get that they have to fit some bullshit in because budget and especially time are very limited at this point, and I am ready for several things to not get adressed and finished properly by now. This series would have benefitted greatly from either another season, commiting one season to fight Cersei and one for the Night King and wrapping several things up, or at least a few extra episodes in this mangled season because I fear there will be quite a few loose ends now, and no one will really be satisfied with the ending. Sounds like a lot of wasted potential for no reason, many people would gladly watch another 5 seasons, but instead of at least one other season we get what will probably be an unsatisfying ending. After the series they will probably begin to cash in on all the lore by doing 2-3 things about other eras of the world, but far less people will care about that because they have no serious connection to the new characters.

Edited by Nighcisama
  • Like 1

Now that I'm caught up again, there were things I liked and things I didn't like.

When it comes to the Mad Queen train of thought this was painfully obvious when Dany went on a bender for bent knees. I would honestly be surprised if they didn't make her one. 

Dany has proven time and time again she is incapable of battle strategy in my opinion. She just doesn't have the experience and it showed by pushing ahead. Forcing an exhausted army to march to an enemy who is not only well rested, but has no intentions of fucking moving and having zero energy drain is just... Let's not forget that she clearly saw her dragon could barely fly and made it anyways.

I did like the dragon's death. If a group of people shoot arrows at you while you're just waltzing down the street chances are you're gonna get hit. If you know they're there and are going to shoot then chances are you're not going to get hit. This was actually an ambush that should have been seen but, again, Dany is not a military gal and she is too arrogant to listen to her advisers and every death in this episode is on her. 

Here's what I did not like at all. The writers NEVER should have had Cersei get close to Missandei. You could be clinically retarded and still understand that by taking your own life you can also take out the main piece of an enemy force, and to not have Missandei grab Cersei at the moment she grabbed her and jump to their deaths was a major oversight. It's the very first thing I would have done and at least my death could have had meaning. 

Jaime isn't running back to his sister lol. He's going to try and stop her. Making Brienne hate him was him making it easier for her.

Poor Tormund. 

Seems as if the force at King's Landing isn't that great considering Bronn's interaction with the Lannister bros, and it's kind of supported by Cersei's use of civilian meat shields. This, to me, means whatever Arya and Sandor have planned can happen easier. Add in Jaime's presence and a messy cloak and dagger scenario is extremely likely.

I don't like these theories floating around that the white walkers aren't through in the show yet. Things about Bran having more abilities and a connection with the Night King than the viewers think or something like that.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, BG_painter said:

I am honestly starting to think they had no more budget. :|
Also I found leaks online. If it's true all next episodes will suck!

I dont know about that, Emilia Clarke said in an interview that episode 5 is even bigger then 3. "find the biggest tv you can" she says.

4 hours ago, Nighcisama said:

many people would gladly watch another 5 seasons

George has stated it could have and he wanted it to go to 10-13 seasons. D&D wanted it finished so they can move onto other projects.

So is no one going to take issue that Varys didn't know about the walls of Kings landing being armed with giant dragon-sized crossbows? Is it not strange that 3 perfectly aimed shot happen within the span of a few seconds and all perfectly hit the smaller dragon, while like 20 can't hit the bigger dragon when he is closer?

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

So is no one going to take issue that Varys didn't know about the walls of Kings landing being armed with giant dragon-sized crossbows? Is it not strange that 3 perfectly aimed shot happen within the span of a few seconds and all perfectly hit the smaller dragon, while like 20 can't hit the bigger dragon when he is closer?

I did wonder about the bold, but then I remembered that time is not being represented well. And I also can't remember if they were there before Varys left or if they even had plans to install them. :dunno: (only thing worse than time being accurately portrayed in the series is my memory of past episodes and seasons. ?)

6 hours ago, Nighcisama said:

The dragon dying as a consequence was a positive to me, and it evened the playing field a bit, but did it have to happen so easily... There was all this big talk from Tywin back then how the throne needed Dorne to fight off the dragons because they are the only people to know how, the ballistas were horribly ineffective in the past season, teasing some other way to go about it. When we learned that Dorne was defecting to Danys side, it seemed like the dragons would be the biggest obstacle to overcome, yet this time the same ballistas that did jack shit last season just shot the dragon out of the sky like it was some shitty bird. I expected something like a wildfire bomb to be used at least, catapult that shit right into the dragons face and do some damage, or an actual ambush, not just "there it is, shoot" and he goes down from a few ballista shots.

People giving no fucks about blurting out the most crucial secret of the series. Like, Sansa swore on it and still blurted it out first chance she got, Tyrion told it to Varys of all people. That is downright stupid.

Arya with all her crappy family talk, then pissing off to a supposed suicide mission with Clegane, not expecting to come back. She does not expect to return to protect her family, and she goes anyway, makes no sense to me, as if it matters who kills the people on her list that she takes people off of on a whim anyway.

Jamie returning to Cersei the way he did makes no sense either, and it probably is just a bullshit way to fulfill the prophecy most already forgot about, that Cersei will die at the hands of a brother. There would have been other ways to go on about that, not just some random "your sisters ally made an ambush" to flip the switch and let him fuck off back to the capitol where he can't realistically expect anything other than being killed after Cersei already sent an assassin. If he just wants to kill her, go with the army, if he wants to help her win, abuse the chance that you are inside the gates of Winterfell and do some damage, don't just fuck off.

Some other things are hard for me to categorize as positive or negative, so I won't mention them. It might only be because of how utterly crap the last episode was in comparison, but this one was overall positive for me despite the few headscratchers and annoyances. The end of the series is approaching fast, so I get that they have to fit some bullshit in because budget and especially time are very limited at this point, and I am ready for several things to not get adressed and finished properly by now. This series would have benefitted greatly from either another season, commiting one season to fight Cersei and one for the Night King and wrapping several things up, or at least a few extra episodes in this mangled season because I fear there will be quite a few loose ends now, and no one will really be satisfied with the ending. Sounds like a lot of wasted potential for no reason, many people would gladly watch another 5 seasons, but instead of at least one other season we get what will probably be an unsatisfying ending. After the series they will probably begin to cash in on all the lore by doing 2-3 things about other eras of the world, but far less people will care about that because they have no serious connection to the new characters.

1) The ballista was not ineffective last season; rather, it was destroyed, but not before seriously wounding a dragon. The dragon that was also shot and killed was Rhaegal, an already seriously wounded and battle-depleted beast. The same ballista that "did jack shit" last season also had the element of surprise on its side.

2) Sansa swore on it, but this is Game of Thrones. What, you thought her own political machinations couldn't possibly overrule a promise she made to someone she considered at that time to be her half-brother?

3) Arya still has her list to tend to, a list she made while on the road with Yoren and one she repeated like a prayer every night before bed. Her decision makes perfect sense and we will soon see a resolution to her character arc.

4) Yes, because fighting Cersei head-on as a nigh-useless one-handed knight makes perfect sense, but attempting to ingratiate yourself as a means to stab her in the back (a la the Mad King) does not.

5) They were never going to be able to satisfy everyone with the ending. I will say though that dragging the series on for another season just on war and war alone defeats the premise for which Game of Thrones stands in my opinion and wouldn't have been very intriguing.

• Like 2

There's something from this episode that's plaguing my mind with no way to know for sure lol.

Bronn telling Jaime that not even on his best day.

Now I really want to see Jaime with 2 hands and Bronn face off. I read that book Jaime is near unbeatable in a fight while in the show he casually mentioned that there were maybe 3 people that could actually take him in a fight. :hmm: 

--------------------------------------------------

While @BG_painter is the only person that knows my prediction for how the show will end, when it comes to Cersei, I can see Arya failing and Jaime adding Queenslayer to his list of nicknames. It'll probably happen as Sandor faces off against his brother.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheLakota said:

1) The ballista was not ineffective last season; rather, it was destroyed, but not before seriously wounding a dragon. The dragon that was also shot and killed was Rhaegal, an already seriously wounded and battle-depleted beast. The same ballista that "did jack shit" last season also had the element of surprise on its side.

Most of the time, even hitting the dragon would be hard since ballistas are unprecise as hell, even Bronn our "can do anything" guy had to wait until the very last moment to get a full on critical hit into the dragon that was flying right towards him. The hit did make the dragon land, but nothing else. In that ambush several ballista shots hit the dragon at the same time, a dragon that was in motion, from quite far away, a dragon that was not even flying right for the boats and with only one ballista being used by a known character. I am not against the dragons dying, but they have switched from being unstoppable powerhouses to being easily disposable, kinda makes every character that ever feared them look like idiots, and the whole thing about Dorne being the only ones who managed to fend them off very nonsensical.

2) Sansa swore on it, but this is Game of Thrones. What, you thought her own political machinations couldn't possibly overrule a promise she made to someone she considered at that time to be her half-brother?

It is the manner which she has done it, how quickly she has done it and who she told it. She did not confess it to a trusted character like Brienne, she told it to freaking Tyrion, the hand of the queen she obviously wants to destroy at this point. She broke her word after swearing on it, which is already a no go for most because the word of a noble was supposed to mean something, so lightly breaking it was reserved for the likes of Joffrey and Walder Frey, but she also broke it after swearing to a member of her family and the one she wanted to be her king in the north. Jon is still family, they are still related and grew up together, but it seems like Sansa does not give a fuck anymore.

3) Arya still has her list to tend to, a list she made while on the road with Yoren and one she repeated like a prayer every night before bed. Her decision makes perfect sense and we will soon see a resolution to her character arc.

Aryas list is a sad joke at this point. Wanna know who she just put off of her sacred list on a whim? The Hound, Beric Dondarrion. (probably would have taken off Thoros too if he was still alive)

Wanna know who was killed by someone else? Joffrey(the supposed number 1), Tywin Lannister, Thoros of Myr, Melisandre.

Who did she actually kill? Polliver, Meryn Trant, Rorge, Walder Frey.

Who did she have a chance to kill but didn't? Beric, because she took him off, Tywin Lannister even though he was the biggest danger to her family, Jamie Lannister(partially responsible for the Red Wedding, books at least, also a Lannister) despite having all the chances in the world, Melisandre because her battlefield buff seemed more important.

Who is Left: Cersei, The Mountain and Ilyn Payne. Payne is a guy so irrelevant we haven't seen him or heard his name in years, the mountain is already worse off than dead, and Cersei will die without her participation just like most others on her list. The fact that she took people off the list and passed on chances to kill others from the list was a clear sign that it was no longer a priority, at least not to the extend that she would abandon her family for it.

4) Yes, because fighting Cersei head-on as a nigh-useless one-handed knight makes perfect sense, but attempting to ingratiate yourself as a means to stab her in the back (a la the Mad King) does not.

Jamie seems to be wildly underestimated. He is no longer the legendary fighter he was in his prime, but he survived what even good fighters like Jorah did not survive, being in the trenches against a huge army of undeads. If he can survive that, he can survive being a soldier against Cersei. Aside from that, he has a mind for strategy and he knows both the defense layout of the capitol and the way his sister thinks better than anyone else, and he could be used as a bargaining chip if Cersei actually has some feelings left for him. Trying to get back into the inner circle of a true madwomen you already betrayed, one that knows a brother will be responsible for her downfall and with the wildcard of Euron in the mix, is just idiotic and not worth the risk.

5) They were never going to be able to satisfy everyone with the ending. I will say though that dragging the series on for another season just on war and war alone defeats the premise for which Game of Thrones stands in my opinion and wouldn't have been very intriguing.

There is every potential to make time for things between battles, they did a good job with that in earlier seasons during the war of the five kings, it wasn't just battle after battle then. Satisfying everyone is impossible I agree, but at this rate this seems like another case of Lost or How I Met Your Mother where the vast majority of people will reject a badly written and thought out finale. I have not before seen the kind of backlash game of thrones gets now, the increase in negativity on the internet over the course of the last few episodes is impressive and the most frustrating thing is that it didn't have to be this way. Game Of Thrones is printing money, they could have picked up so many side stories that were ignored until now and taken the time to actually present a good story instead of doing things like disposing the Night King in one single episode. They will probably never have as popular of a series again, and ending it on a whimper is just shit. Of course it can't be entirely ruled out that they can cobble together something decent(at least under these circumstances) with the very limited time they have left, but I doubt it.

I don't doubt for a second that you will be very happy with whatever ending they produce though, no matter how much it shits on previous events or comes out of the left field. Do with that assumption what you want.

56 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

There's something from this episode that's plaguing my mind with no way to know for sure lol.

Bronn telling Jaime that not even on his best day.

Now I really want to see Jaime with 2 hands and Bronn face off. I read that book Jaime is near unbeatable in a fight while in the show he casually mentioned that there were maybe 3 people that could actually take him in a fight. :hmm:

Seems like bravado to me, nothing else. Bronn has no way to know how Jamie was in his best day, when he was feared all over the kingdoms while Bronn needed to scoop quite low to win against a basic noble who was shitting himself by the mere thought of Jamie arriving to fight him. Bronn did not even dare to fight The Mountain for someone he considered to be his friend. He only knows Jamie as the cripple he could beat up easily, so of course he has little respect for his abilities, even though it seems very obvious that two handed prime Jamie would shit all over Bronn.

Edited by Nighcisama

1 hour ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

While @BG_painter is the only person that knows my prediction for how the show will end, when it comes to Cersei, I can see Arya failing and Jaime adding Queenslayer to his list of nicknames. It'll probably happen as Sandor faces off against his brother.

I paint and I know things :giggle:

Honestly I had to see they turning Dany to mad queen to realise how much i liked her. -_-

i think i invested too much in her character to see her turn mad right now off the bat at the end... meh.. what can i do..? lol.

I am still sad. Glad that ever1 enjoyed it tho.

I have been considering buying the book about the targaryens, fire & blood. Any1 read it?

• Like 1

Just now, BG_painter said:

I paint and I know things :giggle:

Honestly I had to see they turning Dany to mad queen to realise how much i liked her. -_-

i think i invested too much in her character to see her turn mad right now off the bat at the end... meh.. what can i do..? lol.

I am still sad. Glad that ever1 enjoyed it tho.

I have been considering buying the book about the targaryens, fire & blood. Any1 read it?

I can't agree with people saying things are happening so quickly. Things have been building up for years. When a conclusion to something is reached that's it.

When you finally pop a trophy, it doesn't take more than one second for that ping.

When you finish the very last sentence in a book you close it and that's it.

When someone dies, no matter the manner, once they are dead that's it. The seconds, minutes, hours, days, weeks, months, years building up to it all end in a second. Whether a long duel ends with a stab or slice. Getting blown up in a building, roasted by dragon fire, dying of an illness/poisoning, or anything. That final breath will always feel like something ended too quickly. Even for people that have personally witnessed some deaths, they'll feel it was unfairly long but when it finally happens they think "wow just 10 seconds ago this person was here...and now they aren't."

Dany's madness has been slowly building. She went from justifiably killing off tyrants to being the tyrant threatening death to anyone that wouldn't become her property.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

I can't agree with people saying things are happening so quickly. Things have been building up for years. When a conclusion to something is reached that's it.

When you finally pop a trophy, it doesn't take more than one second for that ping.

When you finish the very last sentence in a book you close it and that's it.

When someone dies, no matter the manner, once they are dead that's it. The seconds, minutes, hours, days, weeks, months, years building up to it all end in a second. Whether a long duel ends with a stab or slice. Getting blown up in a building, roasted by dragon fire, dying of an illness/poisoning, or anything. That final breath will always feel like something ended too quickly. Even for people that have personally witnessed some deaths, they'll feel it was unfairly long but when it finally happens they think "wow just 10 seconds ago this person was here...and now they aren't."

Dany's madness has been slowly building. She went from justifiably killing off tyrants to being the tyrant threatening death to anyone that wouldn't become her property.

I know... But i still...

giphy.gif

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Nighcisama said:

Most of the time, even hitting the dragon would be hard since ballistas are unprecise as hell, even Bronn our "can do anything" guy had to wait until the very last moment to get a full on critical hit into the dragon that was flying right towards him. The hit did make the dragon land, but nothing else. In that ambush several ballista shots hit the dragon at the same time, a dragon that was in motion, from quite far away, a dragon that was not even flying right for the boats and with only one ballista being used by a known character. I am not against the dragons dying, but they have switched from being unstoppable powerhouses to being easily disposable, kinda makes every character that ever feared them look like idiots, and the whole thing about Dorne being the only ones who managed to fend them off very nonsensical.

It is the manner which she has done it, how quickly she has done it and who she told it. She did not confess it to a trusted character like Brienne, she told it to freaking Tyrion, the hand of the queen she obviously wants to destroy at this point. She broke her word after swearing on it, which is already a no go for most because the word of a noble was supposed to mean something, so lightly breaking it was reserved for the likes of Joffrey and Walder Frey, but she also broke it after swearing to a member of her family and the one she wanted to be her king in the north. Jon is still family, they are still related and grew up together, but it seems like Sansa does not give a fuck anymore.

Aryas list is a sad joke at this point. Wanna know who she just put off of her sacred list on a whim? The Hound, Beric Dondarrion. (probably would have taken off Thoros too if he was still alive)

Wanna know who was killed by someone else? Joffrey(the supposed number 1), Tywin Lannister, Thoros of Myr, Melisandre.

Who did she actually kill? Polliver, Meryn Trant, Rorge, Walder Frey.

Who did she have a chance to kill but didn't? Beric, because she took him off, Tywin Lannister even though he was the biggest danger to her family, Jamie Lannister(partially responsible for the Red Wedding, books at least, also a Lannister) despite having all the chances in the world, Melisandre because her battlefield buff seemed more important.

Who is Left: Cersei, The Mountain and Ilyn Payne. Payne is a guy so irrelevant we haven't seen him or heard his name in years, the mountain is already worse off than dead, and Cersei will die without her participation just like most others on her list. The fact that she took people off the list and passed on chances to kill others from the list was a clear sign that it was no longer a priority, at least not to the extend that she would abandon her family for it.

Jamie seems to be wildly underestimated. He is no longer the legendary fighter he was in his prime, but he survived what even good fighters like Jorah did not survive, being in the trenches against a huge army of undeads. If he can survive that, he can survive being a soldier against Cersei. Aside from that, he has a mind for strategy and he knows both the defense layout of the capitol and the way his sister thinks better than anyone else, and he could be used as a bargaining chip if Cersei actually has some feelings left for him. Trying to get back into the inner circle of a true madwomen you already betrayed, one that knows a brother will be responsible for her downfall and with the wildcard of Euron in the mix, is just idiotic and not worth the risk.

There is every potential to make time for things between battles, they did a good job with that in earlier seasons during the war of the five kings, it wasn't just battle after battle then. Satisfying everyone is impossible I agree, but at this rate this seems like another case of Lost or How I Met Your Mother where the vast majority of people will reject a badly written and thought out finale. I have not before seen the kind of backlash game of thrones gets now, the increase in negativity on the internet over the course of the last few episodes is impressive and the most frustrating thing is that it didn't have to be this way. Game Of Thrones is printing money, they could have picked up so many side stories that were ignored until now and taken the time to actually present a good story instead of doing things like disposing the Night King in one single episode. They will probably never have as popular of a series again, and ending it on a whimper is just shit. Of course it can't be entirely ruled out that they can cobble together something decent(at least under these circumstances) with the very limited time they have left, but I doubt it.

I don't doubt for a second that you will be very happy with whatever ending they produce though, no matter how much it shits on previous events or comes out of the left field. Do with that assumption what you want.

Seems like bravado to me, nothing else. Bronn has no way to know how Jamie was in his best day, when he was feared all over the kingdoms while Bronn needed to scoop quite low to win against a basic noble who was shitting himself by the mere thought of Jamie arriving to fight him. Bronn did not even dare to fight The Mountain for someone he considered to be his friend. He only knows Jamie as the cripple he could beat up easily, so of course he has little respect for his abilities, even though it seems very obvious that two handed prime Jamie would shit all over Bronn.

1) There's that, though it's certainly debatable as it does fall under the whole "fantasy thus free pass on real world mechanics" genre (if we're going to go down the whole that's nonsensical route). There is also such a thing as leading one's target, so the premise is at least somewhat grounded in realism.

2) I will reiterate what I mentioned earlier: This is Game of Thrones. Never forget what Cersei told Ned: ""When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die. There is no middle ground." 

3) Oh Heavens no, you mean to tell me she didn't display rigid character tropes and changed her mind over the course of multiple years, indicating growth in her arc?!

4) I'll hold off on judging Jamie's actions until after his character arc has concluded, for to do so beforehand is just conjecture and reading into something that may no necessarily be there.

5) More and more people are complaining about GoT today because a much, much greater number of people are watching it than in previous seasons.

6) You know nothing of my expectations for the show's finale, so why even bother being so passive aggressive? We're having a discussion here, not a debate (I find it unfortunate I don't hold the same opinions as you).

You could always, you know, not watch if the show infuriates you so.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sepheroithisgod said:

Is it not strange that 3 perfectly aimed shot happen within the span of a few seconds and all perfectly hit the smaller dragon, while like 20 can't hit the bigger dragon when he is closer?

Nah, as what has been proven by ep03, plot armor is thicker and better than dragon scale armor ?.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, TheLakota said:

You could always, you know, not watch if the show infuriates you so.

The only episode that ever really infuriated me in this show, aside maybe from the Season 5 finale, which was only because of the long cliffhanger back then, was the season 8 Episode 3. The reasons for it were mentioned by me in great detail, even though most people just adressed my opening sentence. I am not mad about the current episode, I listed an equal number of ups and downs and the ups even slightly outweigh the downs for me, this episode is a clear improvement over the last one for me, but it was far from flawless.

You assume that I am mad because you seem hellbend on defending the show against any point of criticism I have, no matter how big or minor it is. Some of them you defend reasonably well, other defenses are just very weak and display a level of desperation I have not come across since I took a gander to discussions with LOTR or Star Wars fans, because these fanbases are so hard to interact with no sane person should even consider doing it. The problem is if you come off like a rabbid dog either defending or attacking everything on any given topic, no matter what it is, people will assume that you just bend everything to match the picture you want of the show. So at this point I just assume that no matter what they do to close the show, you will like it, because you really want to. I kinda envy such fanboyism, I was the same with two other shows back in the day, good times, people around you turn on the show because the decline in quality and consistency is clearly visible to them, but it is still the greatest thing in the world to you so you keep watching even if other people around you stop.

Since we probably won't be able to find common ground, we can just avoid discussing things with each other. As much as I enjoy writing things out, and you probably do too, it seems quite fruitless if we disagree with each other on everything in the end anyway. Only two episodes left, not worth getting into such long arguments anymore, that much slowly becomes clear to me.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, iGGTheEnd said:

Apparently in the scene with the wildling ginger dude trying to get people to drink with her theres a fucking Starbucks cup sitting on the table haha.

Lol yeah I wonder what the cinematographer will say about that.  Episode was too bright?

3 hours ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

I did wonder about the bold, but then I remembered that time is not being represented well. And I also can't remember if they were there before Varys left or if they even had plans to install them. :dunno: (only thing worse than time being accurately portrayed in the series is my memory of past episodes and seasons. 1f605.png)

I thought Varys has "little birds" everywhere... so why was he not able to know about the ballistas?  Is he completely cut off from them or something?

Sansa was right, the armies should have rested.  Instead, Dany disregards advice and rushes in with worn-out, injured men and gets one of her dragons kills in the process (they knew that Cersei had a fleet so why not be on guard when flying/sailing at sea).  I'm not quite sure what Dany was trying to accomplish with the Missendei situation other than to show people she tried to peacefully deal with Cersei.  All Dany wants it to be the queen and not be questioned about it.  I thought she had said that she was all for overthrowing tyrants, but she is becoming one herself???

As for Sansa telling Tyron Jon's secret I'm thinking she did that on purpose to cast doubt.  I think she can see Dany for what she may become ("a mad queen") and finds her unfit to rule.  I mean, didn't Little Finger sort of do the same thing with that aunt from the Eyrie (sorry I don't recall her name) so she would kill her husband and Little Finger could become the new lord?