Your IP has been blocked temporarily due to too many update requests

7 minutes ago, KilledByMatty said:

mine has been banned for about a month about i have tried messaging sly but i'm assuming he's often occupied from reading other threads, i never even update often but the IP was suddenly banned and it has been like that ever since

Mine was like that, I only ever updated my own linked account a few times a day but suddenly banned.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, bikeman223 said:

Guess I'm going to be locked out for a month or something, shame. I echo previous sentiments that this limiter should be re-evaluated so actual users don't get put in a similar position for making a mistake.

Yes, ESPECIALLY since the auto-update feature is broken! Users shouldn’t be penalized for doing what this website is supposed to be doing automatically.

• Like 2

This is scary and yet odd. I update myself more than a few times a day, I also update others a couple times a day, I also add new people to the update a few times a day, sometimes right after another multiple times a day. I think there is more to this IP ban situation?

5 hours ago, NERVergoproxy said:

This is scary and yet odd. I update myself more than a few times a day, I also update others a couple times a day, I also add new people to the update a few times a day, sometimes right after another multiple times a day. I think there is more to this IP ban situation?

Yeah I got mine banned (now fixed) even though the only account I updated was my linked account a few times a day at most, and my alt like once a week. Still not sure why I got banned.

16 hours ago, Neocarleen said:

Yes, ESPECIALLY since the auto-update feature is broken! Users shouldn’t be penalized for doing what this website is supposed to be doing automatically.

I’m suspecting now it isn’t broken but deliberately disabled. It seems they are going out of their way to stop too much updating of information. Does this cost them money or something? Seems completely counter intuitive to me.

12 minutes ago, thefourfoldroot said:

I’m suspecting now it isn’t broken but deliberately disabled. It seems they are going out of their way to stop too much updating of information. Does this cost them money or something? Seems completely counter intuitive to me.

I recall seeing something on here about servers not handling a lot of accounts being added to the database at once, maybe this is related.

12 minutes ago, thefourfoldroot said:

Yes, updating too much information tips off Sony, who can cut off the current method for obtaining this information. Sony doesn't have an open API for pulling trophy data.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Yes, updating too much information tips off Sony, who can cut off the current method for obtaining this information. Sony doesn't have an open API for pulling trophy data.

Hmmm, strange that Sony would restrict publicly available information and / or anonymous information. Here’s hoping Sony improve the system themselves for next generation (not holding my breath).

If the data isn't being retrieved through an open API then how did the trophy tracker sites learn about the 'closed API' for getting trophy data?

Is this 'closed API' something only Sony shares with official PlayStation developers for games to be able to pull trophy data from their servers?

Is this an authorized use of the 'closed API'?

Sorry for the questions.  I was just curious in case I might want to start my own trophy tracking site someday if I ever save enough money and get more free time in real life.

1 hour ago, sweeping-lamp3 said:

If the data isn't being retrieved through an open API then how did the trophy tracker sites learn about the 'closed API' for getting trophy data?

Is this 'closed API' something only Sony shares with official PlayStation developers for games to be able to pull trophy data from their servers?

Is this an authorized use of the 'closed API'?

Sorry for the questions.  I was just curious in case I might want to start my own trophy tracking site someday if I ever save enough money and get more free time in real life.

Data scraping? I'm not sure that there is *any* API for trophy data outside Sonys compare or lookup on their site and consoles. No one is going to share their secret methods for how they get that info.

Which official Playstation developers (now called Playstation Studios) are able to pull trophy data? From what I know, they can capture their own game data, but I don't know any that reference trophies specifically.

You'll have to come up with your own methods if that's your aspiration one day. 

On 13/05/2020 at 3:15 PM, steel6burgh said:

I've had the same issue all i did was search a name to view I don't think I even hit update but maybe.

I had this very briefly some months ago too, solely from afk refreshing two profile pages. I didn’t even manually refresh them, let alone do any updates. 

I was having an ongoing messenger convo so had both profiles open in dormant tabs on my phone. This might just be a mobile issue, but even without opening the pages myself they would refresh every single time I opened my browser/tabbed out. 

My profile shot up from ~100 ‘views’ to ~9000 over the space of two or so months, and eventually I got blocked for a day or two. 

I was baffled at first but I don’t use the site for much, let alone updates, and had already noticed the crazy views. Never had it again since trying to remember to close my profile after using it. Still not sure whose profile refreshing caused it though, nor why my block ended way quicker than some of the people in here. 

So for anybody that has this problem and hasn’t done any updating, it might be because of automatic mass-refreshing. Possibly exclusive to mobiles. Oh and my IP is static if that makes a difference. 

Edited by MrFudge

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/17/2020 at 11:39 PM, MrFudge said:

I had this very briefly some months ago too, solely from afk refreshing two profile pages. I didn’t even manually refresh them, let alone do any updates. 

I was having an ongoing messenger convo so had both profiles open in dormant tabs on my phone. This might just be a mobile issue, but even without opening the pages myself they would refresh every single time I opened my browser/tabbed out. 

My profile shot up from ~100 ‘views’ to ~9000 over the space of two or so months, and eventually I got blocked for a day or two. 

I was baffled at first but I don’t use the site for much, let alone updates, and had already noticed the crazy views. Never had it again since trying to remember to close my profile after using it. Still not sure whose profile refreshing caused it though, nor why my block ended way quicker than some of the people in here. 

So for anybody that has this problem and hasn’t done any updating, it might be because of automatic mass-refreshing. Possibly exclusive to mobiles. Oh and my IP is static if that makes a difference. 

That’s an interesting way of garnering views. Reminds me of a friend of mine who got banned from YouTube for using all the school computers to view his one Minecraft video.