Your IP has been blocked temporarily due to too many update requests

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Since this topic is already created, I would like to know some infos about this @BlindMango.

When CTR was released, I copied some players from the lobby to check their process on trophies. With this, my bf IP is “temporarily” blocked due to many requests and/or updates. This block lasts at least 3 weeks. So my main question is: how can we prevent this?

I never had this trouble myself with my IP at home, but I had this at my internship company and now at my “second” home. It doesn’t show any warning, it simply blocks and lasts until (maybe) we report.

We can’t add as much players as we want to the site? Never read anything about this “prohibition” or limitation anywhere :/ 

• 9 months later...

For the past week I've been unable to update any profile due to being IP blocked, I keep getting the message "Your IP has been blocked temporarily due to too many update requests"

After reaching the mods they suggested I'd make this topic and tag @Sly Ripper, so here I am.

Also, would getting Premium prevent this? I assume not from previous threads.

Edited by Aodir

I've had the same issue all i did was search a name to view I don't think I even hit update but maybe.  There were several people of similar name and it took me maybe 3 attempts to find the right person so it banned me.  Says temporary banned that was probably 2 weeks ago. 

8 minutes ago, MynraVJ said:

I am still banned, apparently for no reason and I do not know when I will be able to update as normal

me too all I did was look a up a couple names to look at their trophy lists. Why bother having the search name function if we can't use it???????  

Glad I'm not the only one, if the limit is in place to prevent bots updating (if that's even a thing) or to avoid clogging the servers, at least make the limit X amount of updates per day so actual users don't get punished for something that's clearly a mistake and not in their control.

• Like 1

I know theres a similar thread at the moment so if this isnt ok close this.But this is one is more about my question.

I got my updating disabled for too many updates but I thought if its your own linked account it doesn't do that? 

The only account I update is my linked account and even then it's only a few times a day when I get trophies , its never excessive. I sometimes update my alt but thats like once every two weeks. I dont get why it decided to ban me, it's not like I'm updating random peoples profiles every few seconds.

Edit- the message-Your IP has been blocked temporarily due to too many update requests

Edited by charxsetsuna

20 minutes ago, charxsetsuna said:

I know theres a similar thread at the moment so if this isnt ok close this.But this is one is more about my question.

I got my updating disabled for too many updates but I thought if its your own linked account it doesn't do that? 

The only account I update is my linked account and even then it's only a few times a day when I get trophies , its never excessive. I sometimes update my alt but thats like once every two weeks. I dont get why it decided to ban me, it's not like I'm updating random peoples profiles every few seconds.

Edit- the message-Your IP has been blocked temporarily due to too many update requests

Just curious, are you on a static or dynamic IP address?