SirLexXD123

Your IP has been blocked temporarily due to too many update requests

145 posts in this topic

Hi, I have a question to administrators. I have done too many update requests and I am now blocked. How long is this ban? Week? Or month? I have checked many topics too and any of those didn't answer my question, so how long does it take before the ban goes off?

2m299oi.png

You need to buy Sly a box of chocolates and say you're sorry

Should work again tomorrow

Hi, I have a question to administrators. I have done too many update requests and I am now blocked. How long is this ban? Week? Or month? I have checked many topics too and any of those didn't answer my question, so how long does it take before the ban goes off?

I think it's just 24 hours - The update box on the homepage should only be used for updating a profile, if you want to just view a profile, just go to psnprofiles.com/username or look their name up from the leaderboards page.

IP's are blocked because sometimes we have bots that hit the site and bog the servers down, that's pretty much why the creator of the site made this a thing.

Edited by BlindMango

The block will take 4 days on first try if you do it second time it takes 8 days and idk about the third time you do it so yh

or go premium for pretty much next to nothing and enjoy as many updates as you like

*just saying*

Well, this ban doesn't actually last 24 hours, I was banned about a week ago and still I haven't been unbaned :(

Well, this ban doesn't actually last 24 hours, I was banned about a week ago and still I haven't been unbaned :(

Hmm, I thought the first ban was for 24 hours from previous times people talked about it. Maybe 24 hours is for premium users? Well, I don't know the real specifics or exact numbers for it all - maybe Sly will come in at some point and give us the intel :P

Before I got premium, I got hit with the IP ban 1st offence.

It was over a week... probably that 8 days that was mentioned, before I was able to update freely. Then again, I heard Sly can swoop right in and take you off it at any time so... *shrugs*

Pretty sure the cache of banned IPs gets cleared by Sly in a sort of "whenever I feel like it" sort of manner. To my knowledge there is no strict timeline for first bans, second bans, etc. He clears it every week or so, so it could last anywhere up to a week, or as short as a few hours.

Pretty sure the cache of banned IPs gets cleared by Sly in a sort of "whenever I feel like it" sort of manner. To my knowledge there is no strict timeline for first bans, second bans, etc. He clears it every week or so, so it could last anywhere up to a week, or as short as a few hours.

Yeah, this, I check the list to make sure none need to be perma blocked.

Yeah, this, I check the list to make sure none need to be perma blocked.

Hi, I've been IP banned for at least 2 days. I had no idea that I could get banned for updating my profile, now that I've learned my lesson, I'm not doing it more than a few times per day. So...I ask sincerely, if you could remove this ban :) I would really appreciate this. 

I've been IP blocked too (second time now in around 6 mths).  Since last night...  I don't update that often.  Guess I won't be upgrading my account :P

Good to know, I didn't even know this was a thing. I'll be updating less liberally going forwards!

Hello!

Have been tryin to update my profile for 2 -3 weeks now but im getting "Your IP has been blocked temporarily due to too many update requests".

How did i get that, and how long do i have to wait for my ip to get unblocked?

Not sure if thatll help. But what are you trying to update? there is nothing on your profile, ffdccaqq. But I think if you try to update other accounts with your ip, thats probably why?

You might be a premium member but your IP address can still be blocked from updating too many profiles in a short amount of time. Being a premium member means you can up date your profile every 60 seconds but it doesn’t allow you to update more profiles quickly compared to a non premium member.

1 hour ago, WARLOCK1972 said:

I am premium user. Why is my IP getting blocked 

You must be updating other people's profiles. Premium allows you to update your own profile every minute and you still can even though you are blocked. If you update too many that aren't yours you'll get IP banned

It was put in a little while ago as the site was being spammed by bots, same reason why you sometimes have to prove you aren't a robot when you sign in. It usually gets fixed without you having to do anything but it is slow at the moment as the site owner is working at smoothing out the kinks created by the ID change. Which incidentally is why auto updating is off and why more people are being IP banned

Edited by Cleggworth

Same here. I maybe updated a couple of my friends in the last few weeks and it gave me a IP block.