WARLOCK1972

Your IP has been blocked temporarily due to too many update requests

10 posts in this topic

You might be a premium member but your IP address can still be blocked from updating too many profiles in a short amount of time. Being a premium member means you can up date your profile every 60 seconds but it doesn’t allow you to update more profiles quickly compared to a non premium member.

1 hour ago, WARLOCK1972 said:

I am premium user. Why is my IP getting blocked 

You must be updating other people's profiles. Premium allows you to update your own profile every minute and you still can even though you are blocked. If you update too many that aren't yours you'll get IP banned

It was put in a little while ago as the site was being spammed by bots, same reason why you sometimes have to prove you aren't a robot when you sign in. It usually gets fixed without you having to do anything but it is slow at the moment as the site owner is working at smoothing out the kinks created by the ID change. Which incidentally is why auto updating is off and why more people are being IP banned

Edited by Cleggworth

Same here. I maybe updated a couple of my friends in the last few weeks and it gave me a IP block.

8 hours ago, mackenzie129 said:

I only ever updated a buddies and I've been blocked for about a month if not a little more @BlindMango any ideas?

Hey, only Sly is able to unblock these as far as I know

@Sly Ripper

Since this topic is already created, I would like to know some infos about this @BlindMango.

When CTR was released, I copied some players from the lobby to check their process on trophies. With this, my bf IP is “temporarily” blocked due to many requests and/or updates. This block lasts at least 3 weeks. So my main question is: how can we prevent this?

I never had this trouble myself with my IP at home, but I had this at my internship company and now at my “second” home. It doesn’t show any warning, it simply blocks and lasts until (maybe) we report.

We can’t add as much players as we want to the site? Never read anything about this “prohibition” or limitation anywhere :/