E3 2019: Tales of Arise Announced

MidnightDragon

Glad they're showing more, I'm interested but never played a Tales of before, so I wasn't sure what to expect, looks good so far.

I really like the art style and mixed with the premise of fighting for your freedom, I'm getting some Valkyria Chronicles vibes, which is great.

Is it getting a dedicated PS5 version? The end cards in the trailer block the platform list...

Edit: it's getting a PS5 version aswell.

Edited by JavaNext

I really like it so far. I won't watch the gameplay video because I want to be surprised. Looks like the female protagonist (I forgot her name already) uses a gun. I've played most of the PS3/Vita Tales of games and can't remember if any other character used one. I'm pretty sure veterans can name the characters where the make an appearance. I usually enjoy Tales of games for their combat, character interaction, and the skits. I was never too bothered on how the series looked, but it was due for an upgrade.

I hope to finish Vesperia at least before September and maybe another one.

51 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

Looks like the female protagonist (I forgot her name already) uses a gun. I've played most of the PS3/Vita Tales of games and can't remember if any other character used one. I'm pretty sure veterans can name the characters where the make an appearance.

There aren't a ton of gun users but there are some. Some examples:

• Patty from Vesperia
  • Ilia and Ricardo from Innocence
  • Alvin from Xillia
  • Ludger from Xillia 2
  • Hubert and Pascal (sort of) from Graces f

12 minutes ago, dertswa687o said:

There aren't a ton of gun users but there are some. Some examples:

• Patty from Vesperia
  • Ilia and Ricardo from Innocence
  • Alvin from Xillia
  • Ludger from Xillia 2
  • Hubert and Pascal (sort of) from Graces f

I totally forgot about Patty. I should've remembered that one since I've been playing Vesperia for months. 

It looks great to me! I was worried that they were going to mess with the formula so much that it would start to lose its identity, but having seen that gameplay video now, it's unmistakably a Tales game. I'm still not 100% sold on the new art style, but it doesn't look bad by any means. I'm sure it'll grow on me. Also, this might just be my growing disdain for English dubs, but the English voices were really grating on me in that trailer. I'll definitely be using the Japanese voices.

1 hour ago, TalesofGaming said:

I'm so ready for this game. It looks absolutely beautiful. Where's that Collector's Edition Bamco? 1f440.png

@dertswa687o Shared this earlier in the discord I'm in. ?

Not sure if it'll be the same everywhere. Seems there is 2 versions of it too. Poor wallet. ;__;

The trailer looks amazing! ? The only thing I'm a bit disappointed about is the fact that they made the desicion to sell two different collector's editions.
I bought both the Hootle and Collector's Edition (my poor wallet ?) but I need the statue as much as I need the typical steelcase with the mascot in my collection ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PraiseTheFluppi said:

The trailer looks amazing! 1f601.png The only thing I'm a bit disappointed about is the fact that they made the desicion to sell two different collector's editions.
I bought both the Hootle and Collector's Edition (my poor wallet 1f602.png) but I need the statue as much as I need the typical steelcase with the mascot in my collection 1f606.png

I wish I could afford both, but I'm going to "settle" for the Hootle edition. I do want that statue though :( 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Here's the Japanese trailer for anyone who hates the English dub for this game as much as I do.

Honestly, I'm not a fan of these new party members they showed off at all as far as their design/appearance goes. Really disappointing considering how great they typically are in Tales games. I'm starting to get doubts about this game again...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

Here's the Japanese trailer for anyone who hates the English dub for this game as much as I do.

?

2 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

Honestly, I'm not a fan of these new party members they showed off at all as far as their design/appearance goes. Really disappointing considering how great they typically are in Tales games. I'm starting to get doubts about this game again...

Not sure how I feel about the characters yet, though I'm already doubtful of anything new from Bandai Namco. I hope I'm proven wrong, but based on my experiences from the last few years, (Zestiria, Berseria, Code Vein) I'm not expecting much from Arise.

• Like 1

I'm super hyped for this game. The new characters look amazing to me, I already want to know everything about and cosplay Kisara. I'm down for her being a cleric/paladin build with that great shield and mace.

Three months feels like so long, but hopefully it will go by fast!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Bit disappointed by the opening in this. The animation looks kinda off at certain points. The song grew on me after repeat viewings, but it definitely doesn't match how hype the last few openings were in Zestiria and Berseria. 

This was the best part. ?

UCzAtmd.jpg

• Like 1