Decent game marred by a tedious Platinum

I've had this game on my backlog for some time now and was thinking about starting it, but based on your info I think it'll stay backlogged to now. I don't mind a grind but I've gotta be up for it, and now isn't that time. Thanks for the heads up @LunchCannon54

• Like 2

It definitely is a grind.  Got through part of it and the game glitches at the same spot each time (gate opens at bridge but it is just off a little to where you can't cross it).  Reinstalled it because it seemed like a nice game.  Reading the OP thought of the game might just keep me from trying it again.

@LunchCannon54 I absolutely agree with everything you said. Though it’s not just about the platinum itself, the developers made it the core of the game: replay the same thing over and over again to get the TRUE ENDING. So, in my opinion, it’s not about getting that trophy, players that don’t care about trophies are invited and tempted to replay the game until they finally see the intended truth. Although, after replaying 3/4 times, you start thinking: this is not so different from the other “ending” I got. That’s where things start to get tedious: the same level/environment, the same enemies, the same dialogue (changing one line or two) across 25 play throughs for Nothing -_- Plus: the game is 30 minutes long, making things even more monotonous. After 2 years playing the game, I still remember that the main character is called REYNOLD :o  

50 minutes ago, Chocolate GiddyUp said:

14.59% rarity

15 hour estimate to plat

Not hatin...

But this is tedious?

giphy.gif

Tedious, not hard. you have to complete the game 25 times, maybe even more to reach level 45. Every playthrough looks the same, only changes one map that you already played.

I noticed you didn't played the game yet, go for it, after 10 playthroughs you are already burn out of it but you keep going because it is easy and doesn't take to much time.

Basically this is another case like Friday the 13th or Rayman Legends, they are easy but the grind puts you off

• Like 1

I wouldnt recommend people to NOT play it, just take a break in between the playthroughs if you cant handle the near monotony.  As said, there are only slight differences among the different playthroughs, and it can get tedious, but overall, the game is enjoyable.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Chocolate GiddyUp said:

14.59% rarity

15 hour estimate to plat

Not hatin...

But this is tedious?

giphy.gif

15 hour ESTIMATE.

Note that it may be far longer if you (as I said) haven't been paying attention to how you complete the endings which can make the grind even more tedious. Again, isn't the longest Platinum in the world but far too boring for what the game has to offer. 

I also forgot to mention that a commonly recommended exploit for level grinding (grinding the last level of the True Ending path) no longer works due to the devs possibly patching it out. 

Edited by LunchCannon54

8 minutes ago, NaseemJohn said:

I can see what you mean but no game should be judged based off trophies in my opinion. 

This game wasn't just ruined by the trophies, it is actually "necessary" to complete over and over doing the same thing far too many times to see it's true outcome.

I agree 100% with the OP btw.

I burned out on this game when I had probably half the endings left plus the grind for skills. Told myself at the time that I would do one ending per day but I haven't touched it since. This and Shenmue 1 are two of the hardest easy Plats out there because it's a struggle to overcome the sheer tedium that's required. 

I only needed 1 more level after grinding and saving the true ending til last then I  had an error right after i started another path that messed up my save and I lost progress. It sent me back 12 levels and I had to do some endings and grind xp again.  It was extremely tedious. Being able to use the permanent skyripper after the true ending made fights quicker though.