Music genres & songs you cannot stand.

OnePieceDude

I'm beginning to think that people who hate an entire genre of music are very narrow-minded or generally ignorant of the genre as a whole, now that I've been exploring into some of the sub-genres of pop, I'm falling in love with it. Genres like art pop, psychedelic pop, baroque pop, experimental pop, hell even pop influences litter every musical genre, and while I still detest modern country music, it's mainly because I haven't really explored anything outside of the radio.

I get your point to a degree, I personally cant really say 'I hate pop' but as of yet no sub-genre of pop music has ever appealed to me. It all seems to be a variant of the same crap but I understand what you are getting at. For instance metal is not just metal, it doesn't all have screaming and shouting throughout! Can I ask is hardcore a genre or a sub-genre as I do hate that LOL?!?

Hardcore's definitely a sub-genre of metal because it's sonically specific, while I do love death metal (which you could classify as hardcore) because I admire the musicianship and raw talent of the instrumentals. I could understand why someone would be put off because of the lyrics though.

Yeah I listen to far too many metal tunes, love the opening then just think the growls kill it!! Not that many outstanding instrumentalists in the death metal scene to be honest though, a lot of it is fairly basic just fast.

Not at all, you really need an ear for all the specific nuances that come behind the initial sound such as the tiny details to drumming that come behind the double bass kicks and blast beats..it is easy to get lost in the speed and chaos though. Unless you're referring to metalcore bands who literally just repeat the same damn note over and over again the entire song

Edited by coldkillaaaaaaaa

Not at all, you really need an ear for all the specific nuances that come behind the initial sound such as the tiny details to drumming that come behind the double bass kicks and blast beats..it is easy to get lost in the speed and chaos though. Unless you're referring to metalcore bands who literally just repeat the same damn note over and over again the entire song

I wouldn't call myself a musical expert by any stretch but I can differentiate between a great guitarist and an average one for example. Most death metal players are decent but they wouldn't be mentioned alongside the greats.

I still like Rap music but the music of Rap today isn't like how it was 10-20 years ago. One song by Yung Simmie "When I'm Bored" I was thinking to myself so this is how Rap music is in 2015 lol. Not a good song so I click dislike when i'm bored lol. 

• Anything coming out of musicals. Who ever thought telling a story through singing instead of normal dialogue was a good idea?

Those new "bands" composed of sheltered brats that can't sing shit but somehow all the teenage girls treat them like gods.

Love Metal, but dislike anything on the more brutal side, with more screaming and less actual music.

Also not a fan of Hip-hop and R&B, especially the most modern songs.

I like some pop music, but it's been getting worse and worse.

• Like 1

Country music is the only genre I can't get into. Tried it countless times, still can't.

Growing up as a Hip-Hop fan and one that makes some of my own, I like alot of music from the genre, but I don't particularly care for the mainstream aspects of it anymore. Like the songs that pop up on the radio all the time, for example. Some Hip-Hop is still good, but you gotta look for it if you don't know the right artists (which is up to you to decide).

• 1 month later...