Downtime - 19th July

Sly Ripper

Now it is only 39 :highfive:

So .Com goes down and loses years of information, PSNP goes down and loses 5 days.

I guess I will live :P

wasn't .com a full reset with only backing up the trophy guides o.O 

either way hope this site won't make a full reset >_<

This is the 2nd minor loss of data that I can recall. I have been busy and not as active recently, so this one didn't affect me much. I lost around 20 trophy tips last time though :(

Shit happens in the world of servers and large databases.

Thanks for the update while the site was down Sly. Glad to see we didn't lose too awful much.

This is the 2nd minor loss of data that I can recall. I have been busy and not as active recently, so this one didn't affect me much. I lost around 20 trophy tips last time though :(

Shit happens in the world of servers and large databases.

Thanks for the update while the site was down Sly. Glad to see we didn't lose too awful much.

I think so, the last one was last year if I remember correctly. It was soon after I came to the site.

Sly, if you see this, i just want to say that you have one of the most understanding and greatest user-base i have seen for a site. everyone understands and is cool about these kinda things.  unlike alot of places i have seen, people here don't flip out over the small stuff! i'm glad i'm apart of this community! 

• Like 1

Sly, if you see this, i just want to say that you have one of the most understanding and greatest user-base i have seen for a site. everyone understands and is cool about these kinda things.  unlike alot of places i have seen, people here don't flip out over the small stuff! i'm glad i'm apart of this community! 

• Like 2

Definitely that, but a lot have flipped mega once before, and it was different with much more lost.  People do seem a bit more understanding this time around for sure, but again, not much data was lost. 

Keep doing what you do, Sly.

Edited by daftprophet

Sly, if you see this, i just want to say that you have one of the most understanding and greatest user-base i have seen for a site. everyone understands and is cool about these kinda things. unlike alot of places i have seen, people here don't flip out over the small stuff! i'm glad i'm apart of this community!

A lot of members here experienced the infamous data loss from .com so to lose 5 days of data compared to resetting a 100,000+ member site is not a problem at all.

The way Sly runs and handles the problems here plus the great userbase is what keeps me here.

Edited by Simpo
  • Like 1

Yeah, we are cool like that ;)

We were supposed to have all HDDs upgraded one by one yesterday, something went wrong and it ruined the RAID array so we used the backups from Monday to restore to. I'd assume one of the guys handling it did something he wasn't supposed to, I've been told "there will be some reprimand for what has taken place as there were no notes left on what was done from him", I'll find out some more on Monday.

Anything you did between 15th and 19th July will have to be re-done.

I hate servers.

Well done on you're nearest backup,as we all know crashes,loss of info can happen at any time.You as a developer knows very well the chances of these happening are very high and are prepared to resolved most issues if possible.As they say backup the backups.Could have been much worse,good job on recovery.  

for everyone that lost likes, know that BDK " likes " U  :D . and if ya lost a post, I can post that I like U. ^_^ .  for everyone that ever wanted to do it over again, here's ya chance. make it twice as good. I'm just glad it wasn't nothing serious where We would be down for a week or two or lost any features. thanks Boss for expediting its prompt return.  :platinum:

• Like 1