Civilization VI - Coming to PS4 Nov 22nd 2019!!!

ragnarok2887

A long time ago, I played a Civ game on an earlier Playstation (PS2?) and it was a terrible, stripped down version of the PC game. Let's hope this is better.

This is the first 'time-suck' video game I ever played. A roommate in college introduced me to the original.  

"Just one more turn...just one more turn..." 

And please no MP trophies! ?

23 minutes ago, PerryToxteth said:

A long time ago, I played a Civ game on an earlier Playstation (PS2?) and it was a terrible, stripped down version of the PC game. Let's hope this is better.

This is the first 'time-suck' video game I ever played. A roommate in college introduced me to the original.  

And please no MP trophies! 1f64f.png

Civilization Revolution? Played that on PS3. Not a bad game. 

2 hours ago, PerryToxteth said:

And please no MP trophies! 1f64f.png

If the trophy list is the same as Steam's then there will be a few MP trophies but they are straight forward ones I believe like play a round of X althoughthe achievements related to the newly introduced Battle Royale mode may be MP only (haven't played that mode yet so am not sure). However there are a few achievements that are very specific and would require quite a bit of luck.

Edited by gamelord-2007
  • Like 1

All the People are excited for TLOU II, this was the best announcement for me at State of Play :awesome:

Seriously i LOVE the Civilizations game, i spent hours and hours on the Ds game! 

So i'm really really happy for this to finally come to Ps4!!!

I hope the game and the DLC Bundle (Which is a pretty annoying thing, could have put them right away together...) are at a good price so i can get it right away :3 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sora9427 said:

All the People are excited for TLOU II, this was the best announcement for me at State of Play :awesome:

Seriously i LOVE the Civilizations game, i spent hours and hours on the Ds game! 

So i'm really really happy for this to finally come to Ps4!!!

I hope the game and the DLC Bundle (Which is a pretty annoying thing, could have put them right away together...) are at a good price so i can get it right away :3 

From what I have read, it will cost around €100 to get the game and the Expansion bundle which is total BS given that the game has been out for a few years already on PC and Switch.

1 hour ago, gamelord-2007 said:

From what I have read, it will cost around €100 to get the game and the Expansion bundle which is total BS given that the game has been out for a few years already on PC and Switch.

That's about the same price as other games with a season pass at launch. The game will be so long anyway that you can easily wait for a sale on the expansions if you want to save a few euros.

7 hours ago, MidnightDragon said:

Did it have psycho Ghandi?

Gandhi has featured in all the main Civ games AFAIK and has always being nuke obsessed since the first one.

6 hours ago, DaikichiKawachi said:

That's about the same price as other games with a season pass at launch. The game will be so long anyway that you can easily wait for a sale on the expansions if you want to save a few euros.

I know but for a game that has been out for a few years now on PC and Switch it still seems to be pretty expensive so I am hoping they at least do a complete edition of the game for the PS4.

GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE!!!

My prayers have been answered. There is God.

Looks like my trophy hunting days will be over when this is released. Civ is gaming heroin. 

Being up at 2am saying to myself "just one more turn".

Edited by reiner-
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, gamelord-2007 said:

If what a friend of mine told me it's tru it will cost 50 € the base game (Which fair enough it's a good price to put out even if 40 would have been the honest one) and the DLCs will cost 40 € so if the DLCs will have trophies, fuck that i'll wait a sale to get it, i won't spend the price of basically the game for 2 Expansions! If instead those won't have torphies that's great i'll get the game right away probably!

And i agree it's stupid there isn't a Complete edition for like 60-70 € to get -_-

19 hours ago, PerryToxteth said:

Ha! I've got you beat. I played it on the SNES. And despite being (probably) stripped down, I still went for almost 5000 years.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

Ha! I've got you beat. I played it on the SNES. And despite being (probably) stripped down, I still went for almost 5000 years.

The sole reason I didn't graduate Magna Cum Laude from college was Sid Meier. :P

The year Civ II came out, we had two PCs in a house of seven, and four of us played Civ. I'm sure there were week-long stretches where the computer was occupied 24/7. 

• Like 3