Dificulty Related Trophies

dany4k_93

Hello  guys. So I just finished the game yesterday and I have some questions. I have finished the game in Normal mode. Next I'm gonna have to do it on Survivor mode and final Step is Survivor+ mode. My question is, my weapon and Joel upgrades will continue on the "normal" Survivor mode, or they will only appear on the NewGame+ modes?

4 minutes ago, TugaSonic said:

They only continue in NewGame+ modes. I mean that's the purpose of NewGame+, starting the game from the beginning with all your gear or updates from the previous playthrough.

Thanks for the help. Do trophies stack tho? Like, I play HARD+ mode and I get all the ones behind? Even the "not" new game plus.

Yes difficulty trophies stack, the ng+ ones too. I went from easy to grounded ng+ and unlocked 7 trophies after finishing. It has been a long time but you can trick the game into thinking you have completed the game on a higher difficulty. I forget the exact steps but you should be able to find a guide online on how to do this to save yourself additional playthroughs. 

Edit: make that 9 trophies :P

Edited by da-Noob123

4 hours ago, da-Noob123 said:

Yes difficulty trophies stack, the ng+ ones too. I went from easy to grounded ng+ and unlocked 7 trophies after finishing. It has been a long time but you can trick the game into thinking you have completed the game on a higher difficulty. I forget the exact steps but you should be able to find a guide online on how to do this to save yourself additional playthroughs. 

Edit: make that 9 trophies :P

Just found the glitch, it really is possible to do all the trophies in a row, thanks for the tip!

• Like 1

On 01. 10. 2019. at 5:47 PM, dany4k_93 said:

Just found the glitch, it really is possible to do all the trophies in a row, thanks for the tip!

I am sorry my friend, but really need a better explanation for me. You finish the game, then you can select grounded mode via glitch - does that mean that you still need to play the whole game through grounded mode?

I am a little bit stiff on time, ecause don't have much, so maybe for me just to obtain platinum  - survival would be enough.

23 minutes ago, Rakinho993 said:

I am sorry my friend, but really need a better explanation for me. You finish the game, then you can select grounded mode via glitch - does that mean that you still need to play the whole game through grounded mode?

I am a little bit stiff on time, ecause don't have much, so maybe for me just to obtain platinum  - survival would be enough.

Yes you have to complete the game on grounded or grounded+ rather but it is easier to get the high difficulty trophy/trophies...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rakinho993 said:

yeah you play through the game once on whatever difficulty you want, then start NG+ on that difficulty, play through the prologue, then save and quit once you get control of Joel in Chapter 1

Then go to chapter select, choose prologue and grounded difficulty, and play through the game. Now the game will think you're playing on grounded and you'll get all the difficulty trophies including the non NG+ trophies you missed the first time.

Edited by DEI2EK
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Rakinho993 said:

Thank You guys for the answers. How much difference is on survival vs grounded mode? Probably will go for survival, and left grounded upon release of part two so I can relive the story once more.

I don't know, I went straight to grounded by my guess is that if you can do survival, you can also do grounded, that there is not that much of a difference.  To me, the hardest chapter is where you control Ellie.

Edited by djb5f
  • Like 1

On 2.10.2019 at 10:37 PM, Rakinho993 said:

Thank You guys for the answers. How much difference is on survival vs grounded mode? Probably will go for survival, and left grounded upon release of part two so I can relive the story once more.

There is quite a difference in the way you have to play. Of course you die way quicker than in survivor but since you aren't exactly a tank in survivor difficulty either thats not a huge step up, it feels like you get noticed a lot quicker so stealth while absolutely crucial is a also requiring more care, you get fewer checkpoints which can make some sections quite tricky and make the old proven suicidal trial and error until you get a really good result far more risky because you might need to redo more than one encounter if it fails, you have no hud on grounded difficulty, and the most noticeable difference is the severe lack of ammo in grounded.

Your ammo will be so sparse that you can kiss any thought of shooting your way through the game goodbye, stealth is absolutely necessary, thinning out the enemies severely before shit hits the fan is the only way to go, avoid as many fights as possible and use EVERYTHING you can, even stuff like bottles or bricks, as efficiently as possible if you want to get through it, there are advanced plays you can make with these items and it makes a big difference. Shooting should be mostly reserved for the unavoidable encounters, it is a last resort because often you will find yourself with so few shots that wasting any part of it can make an upcoming encounter nearly impossible to survive, every shot counts and one of the few craftables you manage to actually get together better be spot on when you decide to use it.

I would somewhat compare it to the brutal difficulty of Uncharted, but with a lot less bullshit, less total enemies and TLOU actually giving you enough tools aside from weapons to deal with the overpowering enemies and lack of ammo. It is a lot harder than survival if you ask me, even frustrating at times, but compared to most other mega difficulties it is still pretty reasonable, if you fully adjusted your playstyle to it then you should have a good chance of managing it well, and the 2-3 really tough sections you just have to power through.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, the1andonly654 said:

Yes, that's what I did recently. Easy, then easy plus and grounded plus in reverse. You get all the difficulty trophies in the process. Works the same if you do survivor plus as your 3rd playthrough, but you obviously won't get the grounded trophies. 

Ah ok thanks. I may do a second playthrough on easy+ to finish upgrading all weapons supplements and then do a survivor+ playthrough. Thanks. 

• 5 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, KenjiCBZ said:

I'm doing my first run on Survivor, and I plan on doing my second run (NG+) on Grounded. With that done, besides all the NG+ Trophies, will I also earn the Trophy for completing the game on Grounded (No NG+)?

Yes, When u finish with grounded on NG+ u get all other dificulty related trophys. 

• Like 1