Do you have much interest in this game?

Ashbo

5 hours ago, Aladan82 said:

Not every person is into permanent hate and shitstorms. Companys can do what they want and I decide for myself if the game is worth my time and money.

Indeed.

I have no love nor hate for EA, Respawn or Star Wars. I just enjoy good single player games for cheap. :)

• Like 4

5 hours ago, TJ_Solo said:

Spending millions of dollars to make a game that runs counter to their previous statements isn't "riding out the outrage". It is them actually taking action.

EA has earned their low reputation but I don't if that means many of us want all those people to lose their jobs. 

I just want better games with stories and offline options(and for EA to stop monopolizing the NFL license.)

This game answers two of those three things. I don't want them to close up but if they didn't change their course that could happen. 

I really don't know why you're attributing so much to EA as if they changed the industry. At best they just copied trends and created buzzwords like "live service" games. They weren't the ones that made or popularized "live service" games, DLC, microtransactions, or any of the marketing things that I guess personally offends you. EA going out of business won't make those things go away nor will it teach anyone any lessons.  

I’m pretty sure they invented the “Online Pass” though.  Remember that? When they held large portions of their games hostage because they declared that used games sales we’re crippling the industry?  Don’t worry, I’m sure somebody else would be more than capable of making a better football game in their absence.  Wouldn’t it be nice if they actually used all that ultimate team revenue and actually put it back into developing and improving the game instead of releasing the same game every year with a new roster change and a different number in the end of the title?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TripleKing333 said:

I’m pretty sure they invented the “Online Pass” though.  Remember that? When they held large portions of their games hostage because they declared that used games sales we’re crippling the industry?  Don’t worry, I’m sure somebody else would be more than capable of making a better football game in their absence.  Wouldn’t it be nice if they actually used all that ultimate team revenue and actually put it back into developing and improving the game instead of releasing the same game every year with a new roster change and a different number in the end of the title?

and the "online pass" is already a dead scheme.  Didn't changed the industry and has nothing to do with this game. 

Again, This is more about your unchecked hate than this game. 

Edited by TJ_Solo
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, TJ_Solo said:

and the "online pass" is already a dead scheme.  Didn't changed the industry and has nothing to do with this game. 

Again, This is more about your unchecked hate than this game. 

Unchecked? I’d say justified, personally.  

Have fun with your Star Wars game with the rest of EA’s battered housewives.  Don’t worry, I’m sure Dragon Age 4 won’t be total trash like Anthem. ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TripleKing333 said:

Unchecked? I’d say justified, personally.  

Have fun with your Star Wars game with the rest of EA’s battered housewives.  Don’t worry, I’m sure Dragon Age 4 won’t be total trash like Anthem. 1f644.png

Dunno. I deal with games as they reach me and don't wish, imply or hope any given game to fail. (or whatever shitstorm youre pulling.)

6 hours ago, Helyx said:

Indeed.

I have no love nor hate for EA, Respawn or Star Wars. I just enjoy good single player games for cheap. :)

I enjoy good single player games so that's why I tend to buy them at launch to show some support. Don't want shite like fucking Fortnite to be our only new gaming option if one day publishers decide single player games don't make money and aren't worth the effort.  

I've never felt personally wronged by EA (or any other publisher for that matter) so the fact that they were involved in this game made no difference. As soon as the positive reviews started showing up, I knew I was going to keep my pre-order from Best Buy. Only got to play the opening but I did enjoy what I've seen so far from Fallen Order. 

• Like 1

This game looks quite fun but I really don't know anything about Star Wars as I never got into it. I'm afraid I won't catch on some plot points/lore that the game expects you to kind of know already (assuming that all players are Star Wars fans). Is this game friendly to people that are not knowledgeable of Star Wars or not? 

Edited by PostGameBlues

1 hour ago, PostGameBlues said:

This game looks quite fun but I really don't know anything about Star Wars as I never got into it. I'm afraid I won't catch on some plot points/lore that the game expects you to kind of know already (assuming that all players are Star Wars fans). Is this game friendly to people that are not knowledgeable of Star Wars or not? 

It doesn't seem any different from starting up a new game. 

You're thrown into the middle of a story even if it is the beginning to you. 

The bad guys are the ones shooting at you and the good guys are the o es that aren't. 

You'll see cool stuff that might be an easteregg or reference but is still cool to you. 

The story will unravel and explain many of the characters' motivations. 

The credits will roll and you will understand what just transpired. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PostGameBlues said:

Only slight thing I've experienced is Cal making a comment of "if only they knew the truth" when I found a collectible. He was referencing what happened in Revenge of the Sith. But nothing major where you'd miss out on important info about the game's story.

So yeah, you can definitely play it without watching the movies. Though you should watch the movies (1-6) because they're awesome.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ac3dUd3- said:

So is it worth the purchase? im wary about any new game being released these days as its always a half finished game

Content wise, this feels like a proper full-fledged came. It's definitely a complete experience. However I will say that the game is a bit buggy. Not much is gameplay intrusive, but you might see some wonky animation transitions here or there. I think the main issue I'm having is that the loading times can be a bit too long at times. Hopefully they fix that later. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Feral said:

Only slight thing I've experienced is Cal making a comment of "if only they knew the truth" when I found a collectible. He was referencing what happened in Revenge of the Sith. But nothing major where you'd miss out on important info about the game's story.

So yeah, you can definitely play it without watching the movies. Though you should watch the movies (1-6) because they're awesome.

Ah I see, well I've been meaning to watch the films for a long time but I already have a huge backlog of games and adding movies on top of that just makes things worse ? first world problems right lol

• Like 1

Just now, PostGameBlues said:

Ah I see, well I've been meaning to watch the films for a long time but I already have a huge backlog of games and adding movies on top of that just makes things worse 1f623.png first world problems right lol

Can't blame you, lucky they're not going anywhere. Yeah last thing a huge backlog needs is movies stealing your focus. Lol true.

• Like 1

So this actually sounds like what Amy Hennig of Uncharted fame wanted for a Star Wars game. A game with a single player and a story with modern graphics and gameplay. Which to be frank, isn't all that much different from Star Wars the Force Unleashed 1 & 2.

On 11/15/2019 at 4:23 PM, Killbomb said:

I enjoy good single player games so that's why I tend to buy them at launch to show some support. Don't want shite like fucking Fortnite to be our only new gaming option if one day publishers decide single player games don't make money and aren't worth the effort.  

I've never felt personally wronged by EA (or any other publisher for that matter) so the fact that they were involved in this game made no difference. As soon as the positive reviews started showing up, I knew I was going to keep my pre-order from Best Buy. Only got to play the opening but I did enjoy what I've seen so far from Fallen Order. 

There have been plenty of games that were backed or published by EA that were good. The first two Dead Space games. The first two Mass Effect games. The first Dragon Age, among others.

While I appreciate seeing people happy with a Star Wars game for once, I still haven't forgotten what EA did two years ago. Star Wars Battlefront 2. People got so pissed off with the game and there was such a huge backlash regarding microtransactions/lootboxes, EA was forced to respond and make changes. Retail copies came back to Best Buy and GameStop by the ass load. It was pretty unbelievable.

Who is to say EA will try to learn from their mistakes of the past and move on? We don't know, that's one reason why the present day is so interesting.

When you got a track record dating back to EA's handling of Westwood Studios, then moving on to gutting Maxis Studios and eventually gutting the entire Dead Space franchise, many people aren't just going to forget what has happened in the recent past. But there are many people who do forget, so they continue to support EA's products by buying on Day 1 and preordering. I'm not saying some of you guys are in the wrong for buying this game right when it came out, if I was a Star Wars fan I probably would of bought this on release too.

I don't blame the developers, because they're a group of hard working people who need to make a living like everyone else. To see so many of them get shafted and insulted on Twitter is sad. A developer cannot make a few tweets without getting criticized anymore.

I blame the people who are behind the publishers. The people running companies that have billions of dollars in profit, and care nothing for the actual product as long as they make their status quo. That is what I see from EA today. There are honest people, but I cannot support a company that tries to scavenge for every dollar they can get. 

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 1

On 17 November 2019 at 10:17 PM, Ac3dUd3- said:

So is it worth the purchase? im wary about any new game being released these days as its always a half finished game

It's absolutely worth it mate. Fun game with a good story and so far I've not had issues with glitches or bugs.

• Like 1