Trophy thoughts...

DrakeHellsing

Ugh speedrun trophies are the bane of my existence. I don't think trophy lists should have them. It takes away from the enjoyment of it to be honest. It makes sense for old-school games like Sonic (I think one of the ports on PS3 had one) but in today's gaming it doesn't. I'd honestly take missable trophies over speedrun trophies. 

Are the controls intentionally terrible like I Am Bread or Surgeon Simulator? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CaptainJeff87 said:

Ugh speedrun trophies are the bane of my existence. I don't think trophy lists should have them. It takes away from the enjoyment of it to be honest. It makes sense for old-school games like Sonic (I think one of the ports on PS3 had one) but in today's gaming it doesn't. I'd honestly take missable trophies over speedrun trophies. 

Are the controls intentionally terrible like I Am Bread or Surgeon Simulator? 

Controls are great and the speedruns are fine, the game is built around that extra challenge.

18 hours ago, DoctorDrPepper said:

That last timed challenge in the pub is a motherfucker. Took me a good 10 tries. Everything else I got on the first go. Still, overall very fun but not at all challenging. Probably even easier with a guide. I do suggest playing it blind though. It was real fun.

I’d say like 2-3/10 difficulty

Back garden was the hardest for me, the others took between 1 and 2 tries.

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, g-bake_1986 said:

Do we think this platinum will stay as an uncommon? I really want to recommend my girlfriend give it a go but I don’t want 50%+ platinums on my profile.

I assumed it would be a lot higher being a short game.

By all means it's your profile but to ignore a great game because of a trophy percentage is a bit silly. I think you're taking the site a bit too serious. 

• Like 1

On 12/17/2019 at 9:21 AM, Shadiochao said:

I had already done it on Switch, but it's still very easy and short. Beating the back garden in the time limit is kind of annoying because you need to rely on the AI for so many tasks, but even that isn't too bad

Relying on the AI isnt too bad? No need to lie to the people. Sure, this game can be done rather quickly, thus making it an "easy" plat..

But the Back Garden speed run is awful. It is beyond fustrating. The AI do not cooperate in any way, sometimes they do things in some runs that they dont in others (i.e. the old man adjusts his tea pot for absolutely no reason). The trophy allows for a paused timer, by opening up the "to do list", but watching a step by step guide does a person no good when the AI are in complete different spots on your screen.

For people going for this platinum this inparticular trophy feels as fustrating as "Flappy Goat" trophy from Goat Simulator. Even though you have the capabilities of getting the trophy and do exactly what you need, the criteria doesn't line up.

Many times I had everything complete, and all I needed was for the lady to put the ribbon around my neck, and would not. >_>

1 hour ago, OFFICER_OILDAB said:

Relying on the AI isnt too bad? No need to lie to the people. Sure, this game can be done rather quickly, thus making it an "easy" plat..

But the Back Garden speed run is awful. It is beyond fustrating. The AI do not cooperate in any way, sometimes they do things in some runs that they dont in others (i.e. the old man adjusts his tea pot for absolutely no reason). The trophy allows for a paused timer, by opening up the "to do list", but watching a step by step guide does a person no good when the AI are in complete different spots on your screen.

For people going for this platinum this inparticular trophy feels as fustrating as "Flappy Goat" trophy from Goat Simulator. Even though you have the capabilities of getting the trophy and do exactly what you need, the criteria doesn't line up.

Many times I had everything complete, and all I needed was for the lady to put the ribbon around my neck, and would not. >_>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3HxTmQdfyY&list=WL&index=2&t=0s

This was the absolute best video I saw on this level. It was still easy, but it is the most challenging section to do the speedrun in. However, if you follow this video, you'll get it in like 10 attempts.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3HxTmQdfyY&list=WL&index=2&t=0s

This was the absolute best video I saw on this level. It was still easy, but it is the most challenging section to do the speedrun in. However, if you follow this video, you'll get it in like 10 attempts.

Thank you so much for this post. I scrambled things up slightly just to fit the positioning of my AI but I was finally able to do the Back Gardens; Im even more relieved that the Pub didn't take me nearly as long... Platinum.

Running around with my secret end game present made it all worth it ?

• Like 1