Game + DLC on massive Sale. DLCs worht it?

Gr4de_04

So i want to buy Spiderman PS4 Since i heard so many good things about it and its pretty much a must-play title for a lot of people so i decided to buy it but are the DLCs worth it?

With the January sale that drops the game by 50% (+ another 5% for PS+ owners) the game is only 17,99 right now. Of course i took a look at the DLCs as well cuz why not? Noticed that is on sale too. (Can get all 3 of them for 10 bucks.)

Are they good DLCs? Like with an actual engaging story or interesting gameplay twists that the main game didn't had? Or is it just some cash grab DLC with grindy content just to milk consumers since the game was such a massive hit and they could easily milk out more money with content. What are your opinions? Oh and how is the trophy cruelty? Thanks in advance

The main game is decent enough (though would be even better without the boring filler levels where you control characters other than Spider-Man) but IMO, the Season Pass DLCs are just dull filler which add very little to the overall experience. The Platinum is simple enough but the DLC trophies are beyond irritating, because the patched in New Game+ DLC forces you to do a second playthrough on the hardest difficulty and the Season Pass trophies are padded out with pointless collectibles and annoying challenges that are made worse by tight time limits.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

Well, to answer to that question, if you like even more collectibles and an extension of the main story, then prefer the whole experience (Base Game + DLCs). Other thing, I'd say once you get the Platinum, you can just start the NG+ DLC (Ultimate difficulty NG+). Later, you'll brace for more collectibles to complete all of them.

DLCs are worth it and well done. While they're a little short but the stories are enjoyable. Definitely not a grindy cash grabbing milk fest. All 3 for $10? That's a steal.

The trophies are pretty easy although the damn Screwball challenges were a little tricky for me.

• 1 month later...

Not entirely on topic but since it is DLC related... I just bought the GOTY edition, is there any point in doing the DLCs before NG+, are there things in the DLCs that will provide benefit in doing them before NG+ (ultimate)? Or do the powers/upgrades in the DLC not carry over in the main game?

Edited by Brightblade76

4 minutes ago, Brightblade76 said:

Not entirely on topic but since it is DLC related... I just bought the GOTY edition, is there any point in doing the DLCs before NG+, are there things in the DLCs that will provide benefit in doing them before NG+ (ultimate)? Or do the powers/upgrades in the DLC not carry over in the main game?

DLCs AKA The City That Never Sleeps happens AFTER the main story (in this order: The Heist, Turf Wars, Silver Lining).

1 minute ago, Brightblade76 said:

It's better to do the DLCs before since you can gain more Tokens needed for the upgrades. I think they reset in NG+ but I don't remember exactly, some of them are related to collectibles so they definitely do.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kenseizenkai said:

DLCs AKA The City That Never Sleeps happens AFTER the main story (in this order: The Heist, Turf Wars, Silver Lining).

Got that, but I was more interested in the benefits you might get gameplay wise by doing NG, DLC, NG+ on ultimate in this order.

3 minutes ago, KN_Kirai said:

It's better to do the DLCs before since you can gain more Tokens needed for the upgrades. I think they reset in NG+ but I don't remember exactly, some of them are related to collectibles so they definitely do.

Thanks, good to know.

• Like 3

On 2/5/2020 at 11:13 AM, Brightblade76 said:

Got that, but I was more interested in the benefits you might get gameplay wise by doing NG, DLC, NG+ on ultimate in this order.

Thanks, good to know.

They do not reset, Ng+ everything carry’s over, there is no point doing the DLC before as there’s absolutely no benefit. The tokens are easily obtained and you end up with shit loads left over. By the time you get to NG+ you will be maxed out anyway so don’t worry.

Edited by TiNnYzEuS