Most pathetic way you have earned a trophy?

charxsetsuna

For the unique level plays in LittleBigPlanet 2 I would let 2 or 3 people load into my lobby and than take use into my level. The level was also named minecraft so that I could get people to play it despite not being about minecraft and just being a level that instantly ends.

14 hours ago, ZedsDeadStevo said:

Grid around the globe trophy just left it on for days.. im sorry old PS4! 

Ironically, I did this too, and somehow that PS4 is still working perfectly. 

17 hours ago, Ashande said:

I think the most pathetic way I’ve earned a trophy was probably in Yomawari: Night Alone. One of the trophies requires you to play for 50 hours. In a game that takes maybe 4-5 hours to beat, and another 2-5 for cleanup under the worst circumstances.

Did I wrap a hair tie around my Vita’s thumbstick and anchor it, then plug the Vita in and leave it that way for two days, so my haunted little girl would spend the next 40ish hours just face humping the wall of her house? Damn right I did.

This is the level of chaos I love :devil:

Jak 2 on vita almost entirely in debug mode, I wanted to do it legit but, the performance was just so bad... I did it legit the other times I swear!

Edit: Or the stanley parable deluxe when I left it on for an entire tuesday, but I did it on holiday via remote play so my wife wouldn't find out otherwise she'd go mad over the electric bill

Edited by sully917
update
  • Like 1

Tales of Vesperia: There is this trophy in which you have to travel X km, so I used a rubber band on the controller and left the airship travelling all day long.

Legend of the Heroes: Trails of cold steel: There is a trophy for playing 100 hours and I had already done everything in the game with "only" 80 hours, so I let the game on for 20 hours to gain that last trophy.

I don't remember in which game happened, but I remember 10 years ago aprox I was fighting a boss and dying over and over and over and over again. In one of those attemps, the boss got stuck in the floor, so I took the chance and killed them, totally cheesing the fight.   

Edited by Kefka1986

47 minutes ago, merciful84 said:

Two words: "Stranded Deep" 😄

40 minutes ago, DovahkiinChild said:

As the above member stated, two words "Stranded Deep". 

This ^

53 minutes ago, ZedsDeadStevo said:

I think my old PS4 is working as an air raid siren at my brother's house now

Hahaha I'm surprised mine isn't loud at all, it's about as quiet as my PS3. I must have got lucky. 

• Like 2

I have also used rubberbands a fair few times for AFK sessions, save scumming numerous times, using exploits to make higher difficulties easy or bypass them completely. However, looking up Juliet's skirt for the last trophy I needed in Lolipop Chainsaw to platinum it is probably the most pathetic one.

9 hours ago, Xillynoc said:

Interesting topic idea! Discounting the two ez plats that I've forever hidden from my profile upon realizing what they represented, I guess the most circumvention/least effort I ever put into a trophy was rubberbanding my controller and going to sleep while using the exploit for K-Driven from Warframe...though in that case, I don't feel any shame because the alternative would be one of the longest and most repetitive manual grinds in all of gaming.

I also rubberbanded of course, but did it early without knowing of the exploit and drove around the map for a few hours - luckily, there's YT.😄

9 hours ago, CurseBanette said:

Super Street Fighter 4. Pausing method for the trials. That method is so cheap and overpowered that I even cleared all of El Fuerte's trials in about 15 minutes XD. Same thing for Crimson Viper lol

Ah, the classical pause fraud. I remember doing that in both Resident Evil Chronicles games.😅

But my most embarrassing game is probably Buzz Quiz TV by using the disc glitch. It's partly why I keep the game in my trophy cabinet as a constant reminder on how low one can sink.🙄

Nothing that would really stand out from the norm. Most of what non-achievement hunters consider 'cheese' or 'pathetic' are bread and butter around these parts. I've rubber banned control sticks, placed heavy objects on buttons, learned new glitches, use the mobile app, idled a few games, etc.

still prouding of what i have done lol,

Little big planet 2, in 30 min, like a big pro! I achieved the plat so fast that nobody believed that i got them by my own efforts. It was really so easy to do so - just downloaded a savefile of someone and used it as mine. then trophies started popping. No hacks no 3rd party apps, with my bare hands only, and of course with my dualshock.