Most pathetic way you have earned a trophy?

charxsetsuna

Leaving my PS3 on overnight for like 24 to 28 days in a row to get the time needed for MK9's "My Kung Fu is Stronger" trophy.

Other than that had to download multiple browsers on a PC to do the Jackbox Party Packs as some games required like 8 players, and the only way it would work is if you were on different devices, or the same device but different browsers.  It wasn't really pathetic as it was, weird.

• Like 1

On 2/2/2020 at 5:47 PM, Slava said:

The first thing that comes to mind is Bolt Collector in Ratchet & Clank 1. Glitching into an area where you're not supposed to be and holding :circle: with a rubber band for several hours while bolts rain down on you.

I'm convinced the trophy was meant to be for earning 100k bolts (even the trophy icon says so), but you have to get 1 million.

This is what I was gonna post . I actually tried to do it legit and found out during my fourth run of the game all my progress was reset becasie I didn’t save in the same file 

dropped the game for years until revelry where I finally did this glitch and get the plat 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lord_of_Ra said:

The whole point of L.A Noire is to teach how to uncover liars and psychos with techniques from irl psychology on interrogations.

I didn't give a crap back then, and followed a full video walkthrough for each and every answer on them to get 5 star ratings on missions asap.

That game is hard AF without guide, cant blame you, but totally worth it because the game is really good

On topic: 

-Using rubber band both sticks for Little big planet kart

-buying a ps3 move and cam just for burnout paradise, not a bad price at that time TBH

-Using step by step guides for games with lots of highly missable trophies

-Adding a crapton of people for that social knack trophy of the treasures

And i totally agree, its weird when someone walks by and they see you doing some kind of grinding, strange button press, or "load and repeat, load and repeat"; i only can think of the "are ya winning son!?" meme

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lord_of_Ra said:

The whole point of L.A Noire is to teach how to uncover liars and psychos with techniques from irl psychology on interrogations.

I didn't give a crap back then, and followed a full video walkthrough for each and every answer on them to get 5 star ratings on missions asap.

I've completed LA Noire VR Case Files and did the same, holy sh1t i was bored being rejected by all the suspects over and over again. There's only one combination of answers that will work, otherwise you have to retry or search that clue in other way.

Anyway, the most pathetic way i earned a trophy was buying a Turbo Joystick for getting the 100 matches in Battlefield 1943. Sorry but i'm south american and the servers are pretty far from here, so it's not funny at all to empty a full magazine to kill only one enemy.

• Like 1

On 2/4/2020 at 11:36 PM, DaikichiKawachi said:

Made earning a gold or silver cup in every challenge part of my daily routine for about 6 months to grind towards the final level of Awesomeness in Rayman Legends.

As someone who just did that recently, it's not pathetic at all. That shit took a lot of dedication!

For me, the most pathetic thing I do to earn trophies is buying DLC at full price in order to get 100% completion. I mean... Jesus Christ, with the amount of money I spent on PS3 DLCs, I could have hundreds of shovelware platinums...

Some of the games that came to mind: Mass Effect 2/3, Call of Duty: Black Ops III (free on PS Plus, but I bought the Season Pass), Metal Gear Rising, Batman: Arkham Origins, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Dead Space 2... I created a goddamn Hong Kong account just to buy the Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit DLC at full price.

Most of the DLCs I got was from panic buying after Sony announced their intention of shutting down the PS3 storefront. And the worst thing? I'm not even close to playing them and getting my money's worth. I haven't even started some of the games I bought DLC for. It's pretty pathetic, if you ask me.

Edit: I BOUGHT THE GOD OF WAR ASCENSION ONLINE PASS AT FULL PRICE JUST TO PLAY THE MULTIPLAYER TUTORIAL AND GET ONE TROPHY FOR IT OMG THAT WAS SO FUCKING DUMB

Edited by Eblait
  • Like 2

I went out and bought a disc copy of Rocket League (a free to play game), disconnected my PS5 from the internet, put the disc in to download version 1.00, scored 150 goals in 1 goal games against no opponents to get 150 items for the "stocked" trophy and the platinum. 

• Like 1

I was grinding I think Dirt 5. Someone had given me a gag gift for Christmas that was a phone cage thing meant to lock up people with no manners' phones lol. I rigged up my controller inside the cage with rubber bands attached to the joysticks and trigger to hold them in place while I afk'd grinding mileage. That was the dumbest/most pathetic thing I've done for a trophy. But I was also impressed with how well it worked and my ingenuity. 

• Like 3

Rubberbanding my ps3 controller in darksiders to get the 100 miles on horseback trophy or whatever it was

self boosting the multiplayer trophies in super exploding zoo or whatever that game was with my vita and ps4

buying some uncharted 3 pack on ps3 to get the base game multiplayer trophies because i downloaded the free store version ages ago

• Like 1

I think my low point was when I played the same stage in Sonic Forces almost 100 times to grind the 100,000 Rings trophy and Avatar level ups, then didn't Platinum the game until three and a half years later due to my PS Plus subscription expiring. That was just outright demoralizing.

My current one is a pretty solid runner-up. I've been replaying Ancient Dangers over and over and over again to grind up to Level 30 in Dreams. Probably not the only way one can go about this, but this is the only thing I've been doing in the entire game that gives me noticeable EXP gain, but it feels like it's starting to take more and more playthroughs to gain even one level. I don't know if it actually is slowing down, but it sure feels like it, and it is truly mind-numbing.

• Like 1

Two come to mind:

Injustice 2, I would boot up my boyfriends Playstation while he was at work so I could get the 10 ranked wins against him. I did try to get it fairly at first, but after 5 matches against 5 different god tier players I figured it wasn't going to happen naturally. Took a lot of tries to get in the same match but it eventually worked 🙂 

Overwatch, I've gotten 3 trophies from some very nice enemy players having pity on me when I talk in match chat about struggling with certain trophies. (Zen discord, Hanzo storm arrows, Sigma ult)

I've had a few of these over the years, but the one that stood out to me the most was rubber banding my PS3 controller for 2 days straight to earn the 1000 miles driven in Mafia II's DLC. 

That was the biggest inactive grind I did for a trophy.

Another example would be grinding Max Payne 3 for 20+ hours to level up to the maximum rank. There's only so many times you can hear "a warm cup of milk and a blowjob" before going insane. On the plus side, I got good enough at the level to be able to get the 4th highest score in the world on the in-game leaderboard 😁

• Like 1

I had to earn 100,000 coins as my last trophy in UFC 2. I got pretty lazy so I started remote play on my laptop, downloaded a key stroke program and set it up so it would press the correct sequence of buttons after a certain time. I let it run in intervals while I went to work or sleep. Woke up one morning with an “afk platinum”.

I had some trouble getting the Squad Goals trophy in Rocket League so I made a PSNP session for someone to join me. One of the guys asked me if there was any way to just boost the trophy. Put all this effort into research, downloaded the game on my PS5 and PC. It took us 40 mins of failed attempts, restarting the game and dealing with ban times but sure enough we finally matched. The next day someone else joined me to do it all over again and we just couldn’t match up at all. In the end we played legit and all he did was message one of the people on the opposing team asking for them to give us one goal and they let him have it immediately lmfao. I felt pretty dumb. Sometimes boosting really is pointless. 

I paid $60 to rent a 3 month server on Battlefield Hardline just to continue boosting four bronze trophies for the required 40,000 kills. The server started glitching halfway through the rental period and I couldn’t add or remove admin so we couldn’t kick randoms. Money well spent.

My proudest trophy that’s dumb to talk about is me trying to get the four player trophy in Little Big Planet 3. Created a session and sure enough I found one interested person. They didn’t have an extra controller and I only had one, so I decided to use my phone as an additional controller. With a little effort I was able to play as three people and got us the trophy.

Most recently I asked for a VR1 for my birthday and got it, only because I wanted to 100% Concrete Genie. It’s all for the trophies uwu 🥹

• Like 2

Not even for a platinum but a bronze trophy - Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition's 500 deathmatch kills, just killing myself for hours between PS3 and Vita, realizing halfway through that the counter was bugged or that I was in the wrong game mode, and just sitting there going mad.

And Rogue Galaxy, fucking hell, the level 99 trophy. I was grinding the same dungeon while I watched 7 movies.

Interesting topic idea! Discounting the two ez plats that I've forever hidden from my profile upon realizing what they represented, I guess the most circumvention/least effort I ever put into a trophy was rubberbanding my controller and going to sleep while using the exploit for K-Driven from Warframe...though in that case, I don't feel any shame because the alternative would be one of the longest and most repetitive manual grinds in all of gaming.

Probably doing the take the cannoli trophy in the OG GTA vice city. It's literally just inputting a cheat to blow up helicopters over and over again for like 6-8 hours depending how fast you can input the cheat over and over again in an endurance slog. It is probably the most pathetic for me because I don't care about leaving my console afk. But doing that cheat code over and over again looking the same outdated pixels on the screen contemplating my life is the opposite of fun for me.