Ubisoft to Release Five AAA Games Through March 2021 with PS5 Support

saiyanbloodstyle

So the 3 games pretty much confirmed are Watch Dogs: Legion, Gods & Monsters and Rainbow Six: Quarantine with the other 2 games most likely being the next Assassins Creed game and Far Cry 6 (this franchise is in need of a big revamp i think personally).

But how do you think this will work on PS5? Will there be PS5 versions of the games or PS4 versions but updated with patches on the PS5? Personally i want PS5 versions of the games.

Original article:
http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2020/02/ubisoft_to_release_five_aaa_games_through_march_2021_with_ps5_support

We already know that Watch Dogs: Legion, Gods and Monsters and Rainbow Six: Quarantine are PS4 games. They have already been announced and the first two have been available to preorder for a while.

The PS5 is backwards compatible so unless the games can't run on a PS4 I wouldn't expect Ubisoft to make any of them exclusives to the next generation consoles.

All three of those titles have been announced delayed for the second half of this year unless Ubisoft has changed something since then. Their currently hitting financial issues and talked about delaying their games so it they weren't put all together in one month timing with other major releases.

Edit: Nevermind seen March and thought this was based on old release dates next month. 

Edited by Lord_Bane999

47 minutes ago, Gibbo_0113 said:

And how many of those 5 are going to be a buggy mess at launch?

None. I believe they learned their lessons. Also I have a theory that they didn't move all those titles to polish them, but because they can release them on all consoles thus get more money....cross gen Assassins Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs

10 hours ago, DaikichiKawachi said:

We already know that Watch Dogs: Legion, Gods and Monsters and Rainbow Six: Quarantine are PS4 games. They have already been announced and the first two have been available to preorder for a while.

The PS5 is backwards compatible so unless the games can't run on a PS4 I wouldn't expect Ubisoft to make any of them exclusives to the next generation consoles.

They will all be PS4 games, it's just interesting to see how they would be on PS5 either with a PS5 port or updates on the PS5 if you play the PS4 version.

3 hours ago, Gibbo_0113 said:

And how many of those 5 are going to be a buggy mess at launch?

Let's hope not, they already delayed watch dogs i think so that's a good sign, would rather games get delayed than to be rushed out.

Ubisoft can do one. I've made the mistake of buying some of their recent games, like Watch Dogs 2 and The Crew, but I won't be anymore. I will admit that I do like the Far Cry series but unless they revamp the shit out of 6 then I won't be getting it, as 5 was a huge disappointment.

If they release a new Splinter Cell that isn't oPeN wOrLd and has Michael Ironside doing the voice of Sam then they'll have my attention.

Edited by jonesey46
  • Like 2

Ambitious this if they are all coming within a short space of time of each other.

I’ll invest in them for sure as i’ve played their previous titles, but will see at and around the time how they are gonna do this and obviously decide on what to get first from a financial pov, given it won’t be cheap.

8 hours ago, punkshepherd said:

Ubisoft make the exciting boring most of the time.

I must admit i dabble in AC and Farcry but i swear the company lacks some imagination/guts.

They're kind of like a big-budget Kemco to me. Where Kemco fills a need for 90s style JRPGs, Ubisoft does the same for open-world...whatever you want to call it. Neither one really moves beyond the cookie cutter, but if you like that sort of thing, it's a great fix. 

But anyway, getting back to the thread, I love when companies do this. Obviously, they are thinking of getting a bunch of cash fast, which means that these games will discount fast, too.

Most excited for the next Assassin's Creed...patiently waiting for that. Absolutely love Origins and Odyssey, so if the next one really is Vikings related with this new style, I'm all in. 

Watch Dogs: Legion also has my attention based on what they're promising, and I enjoyed the first two games. It's not a day 1 purchase, but I'll get it in a sale eventually. I'm also a Far Cry fan...but 5 was a bit disappointing, so the next one really needs to do something new. 

Don't care about Rainbow Six and God & Monsters interest will rely on what people say about it.