Trophy Thoughts?

AtaraxicDream

17 minutes ago, Gage said:

There's like 40 through the entire game. Falling just puts you back on the map and does 20~ damage to you. It's no more difficult than doing a normal playthrough. 

ok i was just assuming there were 20 because of the trophy for finding 20 in a single save slot.  Game looks fantastic.  Also worth mentioning anybody wanting to pick this up it is 49.99 on Amazon!!!

4 hours ago, Decroux3000 said:

Disappointed in the mp trophies, especially when there are no difficulty trophies. Kill 200 opponents sounds way more tedious than the mp trophies in 2016.]

not at all you had to grind for days in the 2016 version 200 kills can be achieved a lot quicker than all the prestige ranks you had to obtain in doom 2016 i'm sure.

Edited by steel6burgh

2 hours ago, steel6burgh said:

not at all you had to grind for days in the 2016 version 200 kills can be achieved a lot quicker than all the prestige ranks you had to obtain in doom 2016 i'm sure.

Well, this was just DLC. The online required for the plat was done super quick. 

2 hours ago, Sinthoras_96 said:

I hope the DLCs for this one will be purely offline 

Well there are at least two campaign DLCs coming and hopefully those have trophies since I got the Deluxe edition with my 25% off "farewell" coupon from Best Buy's GCU stacked on top the regular 20% off. 

Trophies look good, I chose to not look at the hidden trophies for fear of spoilers, but otherwise the list seems manageable.

I just picked up my copy as Game and Smyths in the UK are allowing pre-orders to be collected 2 days early. I'm not really sure why but I'm willing to bet it's due to the coronavirus. Looking forward to playing it tonight ?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Onimushaman_HUN said:

Anybody up for the online trophies today? Add me: Onimushaman_HUN

The online servers aren't being turned on until launch day (Friday), unless they've done it early - that's why all our reviews are for the single player part only. 

4 hours ago, an-inFamous1337 said:

The list doesn't look too bad, MP looks like it will require grinding. I am skeptical about "Running Up the High Score" Trophy, I hope it's not Premadeath or Ultra Difficulty mode. I guess we'll see.

You can pick any difficulty level for this mode (from easy to very hard) and it is permadeath but it's not too bad. It's old-school, there are about 40 extra lives hidden around the entire game, if you run out of lives, it's game over and you have to start again. So, as long as you keep yourself alive, you'll be fine.

I'm replaying the game on Easy atm and I have 11 lives and haven't died once - I'm just reaching the half waypoint. It does get a bit more difficult form here though but you can activate a boost in defence if you fall three times against any wae of enemies or a boss. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, turniplord said:

The online servers aren't being turned on until launch day (Friday), unless they've done it early - that's why all our reviews are for the single player part only. 

You can pick any difficulty level for this mode (from easy to very hard) and it is permadeath but it's not too bad. It's old-school, there are about 40 extra lives hidden around the entire game, if you run out of lives, it's game over and you have to start again. So, as long as you keep yourself alive, you'll be fine.

I'm replaying the game on Easy atm and I have 11 lives and haven't died once - I'm just reaching the half waypoint. It does get a bit more difficult form here though but you can activate a boost in defence if you fall three times against any wae of enemies or a boss. 

It's not true, the servers are on. I played a few match.

3 minutes ago, Onimushaman_HUN said:

It's not true, the servers are on. I played a few match.

They must have turned them on earlier on today then as they weren’t on up until late last night - we were all told they wouldn’t be enabled until launch day so don’t write about the online portion until the game has launched. 

5 minutes ago, turniplord said:

They must have turned them on earlier on today then as they weren’t on up until late last night - we were all told they wouldn’t be enabled until launch day so don’t write about the online portion until the game has launched. 

So many players already own a game, cause the preorder. So it's legit now. The embargo is over.

10 minutes ago, Onimushaman_HUN said:

So many players already own a game, cause the preorder. So it's legit now. The embargo is over.

Yeah, it's nothing to do with the embargo. I've had review copies previously where the online is live from as soon as we get it and the devs jump in to play online with you so you can experience it before the general public. In this instance though, I've had the game for a while and the servers weren't set to go live until Friday, so that everyone got to experience the MP at the same time.

The reason it's been turned on early is most likely because Game retailers have broken the street date due to corona and some stores shutting later this week, so they got approval to sell it early, prompting Bethesda to enable the servers earlier than planned. Our review embargo lifted yesterday but still, literally no review will have covered the online portion because it wasn't enabled for us on any platform.

7 hours ago, turniplord said:

40?so it's not difficult 

Thanks for the clarification 

You have to completely run out of lives to have your save wiped in Extra Life Mode, so it's permadeath but you who have to be almost too inept to even finish the game in the first place for it to matter, and you can back up your saves if you need. 

Online can all be done in private matches, but you need 3 people. Can't do 1v1.