What's a game you replayed a lot of times just for fun?

nombre_en_uso867

There are a bunch of games I play every few years because I never get tired of them:

Skyrim
Dark Souls Trilogy
Bloodborne
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

There are also a few that I have played many times but haven't done so in a longer time:

Dragon's Dogma
Kingdom Hearts 2
Final Fantasy XII
Final Fantasy XIII
Minecraft
Sonic Adventure 2 Battle
Starfox Adventure
Luigi's Mansion
Monster Hunter (Freedom/Freedom Unite/Generations Ultimate)
Banjo Kazooie & Tooie
Donkey Kong 64
The Legend of Zelda (Ocarina of Time/Twilight Princess/Wind Waker)
Mario (64/Sunshine/Galaxy)

There's probably more, but these are the games I know I have played 5+ times :D

Edited by PraiseTheFluppi
  • Like 1

I lost count of how many times I played and 100% Ocarina of Time, Final Fantasy 6 and the Mass Effect Trilogy. 

In recent years, Death Stranding. I got the platinum for it 5 times on personal accounts. 

Edited by ARIXANDRE
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, nyx770 said:

Journey . Game is just chill. Cant wait for sword of the sea to come out and play that .

Journey was such a fun game and I have high hopes Sword of The Sea will be a unique experience like that as well.

I always enjoyed replaying Returnal and Sifu just for fun

• Like 2

The Uncharted trilogy and The Last of Us. Go back and play them at least once every couple years. 

That's pretty much it as far as newer games go. Most of the games I replay are from the PS2 era and back for the 'stalgia. Lots of Tony Hawk's Pro Skater and racing games from the PS2 days mainly. Also a lot of N64 stuff like Super Mario 64, Banjo Kazooie, Yoshi's Story, Goldeneye, Zelda, Smash Bros., all the games of my youth still in rotation for me to this day. 

• Like 2

On 4/5/2020 at 1:36 AM, Slava said:

Mostly my favourite PS1 games:

Crash Bandicoot 2-3

Spyro 2-3

Metal Gear Solid 

Recently I replayed all 4 Naughty Dog's Crash games. I'm planning on replaying MGS1 soon (it will probably be my 4th time) before I start MGS: Special Missions.

I'll add Jak & Daxter: The Precursor Legacy to the list as well. 

To be fair, I don't replay games and rewatch movies often lately. There's too much stuff I've yet to experince for the first time.

Don’t Starve Together, gosh that game’s addicting! I’ve created multiple worlds and still haven’t fully explored everything in the game. Had to uninstall it last year because I wasn’t playing anything else. Played it again recently to help a bunch of friends get trophies and once they all unlocked the plat, I ended up playing by myself just for fun.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, GothGirlMaxine said:

The original Life Is Strange, I played that multiple times during hard times of my life, particularly in 2016/2017, and replayed a couple of times since then too. 

I am currently playing the original too. I started the PS3 version many years ago, but never got around to finishing it.

But now I am revisiting it and having a great time. Will also play the remastered edition too. This game is therapy to some.

I excessively replay every game in the Resident Evil series, but in particular Resident Evil 4 (2005) I have replayed around 500ish times - it definitely takes the cake for my all-time most played (and replayed) game. Asides from obviously loving the game/series, I love setting little challenges for myself like speedruns, no saving, no merchant, etc. Sometimes these challenges are silly, too; for 2019's Resident Evil 2 remake, I convinced myself that I couldn't "fully experience" the game until I played the whole thing back with every single outfit, filter and soundtrack option - one playthrough for each!

Resident Evil aside, my second most replayed game will have to go to The Last of Us, I have replayed it around 50ish times now. Most recently, I replayed the game after losing somebody close to me, which made the already raw themes of the game that much more emotional.

Finally, I've replayed Bloodborne about 14 times now.

• Like 1

Dead Island 1 

Replayed through the campaign probably 3-4x over + Platinumed it a few times too. Really the ultimate game in terms of easy mindless fun for me and despite its flaws it ranks #1 on my tier list.

Link to Tier list thread for anyone curious:

Spoiler

Edited by Mr_Wright95

Sly 2 on the PS2 as a kid. I could never complete it though. So I started playing together with my brother and took turns for each mission.

We played it so much that the disk broke 😥.

I bought the PS3 collection to get Sly 2 as my 100 platinum.

Does World of Warcraft count? 😄

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TraumaticChain6 said:

We played it so much that the disk broke

Oh! This reminded me that I missed mentioning The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. A game I played so often, that it also broke... Multiple times! I think I've repurchased Skyrim about five or six times now. :giggle:

Edited by ddracarys

Dark Souls, Fallout NV, before it became 2; Overwatch, Pokemon gen 1-5 & 7, Chrono Cross, and a lot of nes/snes/n64/GC era games.

Overall I don't replay many current era games, it's already hard enough to just keep up with releases.

Also slowly working my way through every Kingdom Hearts game in Japanese.