Worth getting now?

41 minutes ago, Old-Toasty said:

I think the base ps4 cant handle this game

The game slows down a lot passing from area to area, anyway it gets unplayable only in really crowded areas (towards the end of the game especially).

Just platted this on a base PS4, didn't have such a terrible experience, anyway a PS4 Pro is surely a better platform to play it.

Just now, Ryuzaki1993 said:

Just platted this on a base PS4, didn't have such a terrible experience, anyway a PS4 Pro is surely a better platform to play it.

I don't know if I mentioned this before but I fell through the map and had to reload and lost most of my progress on the biggest planets 100% map. I wouldn't wish repeating that planet on my worst enemy. Avoid this game on the base ps4 anyone out there looking to buy. This game will for sure work on PS5 so just wait till then

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Old-Toasty said:

I don't know if I mentioned this before but I fell through the map and had to reload and lost most of my progress on the biggest planets 100% map. I wouldn't wish repeating that planet on my worst enemy. Avoid this game on the base ps4 anyone out there looking to buy. This game will for sure work on PS5 so just wait till then

so pretty much ps4 pro is best bet right now? Seems you played on base?

• 4 weeks later...

I just started a week ago. Still has frame rate drops, sometimes, the game will glitch out if you fall by mistake, 20-30 second loading if you go into a new zone too quickly, enemies not loading quickly enough. Also, that loading time after you die!!!!

Other than that, it seems OK.

Not sure if today's update fixed anything, still a bit laggy but better in terms of in-game loading and enemies not appearing quickly enough.

Edited by Obi-Wan Kenobi

• 1 year later...

Started the game today. After the first chapter which was great as felt like a fast paced version of the train wreck on Uncharted 2, I then got to the mantis and after the chat the game froze lol. I've been playing a lot of Japanese games these past few months and forgot that whilst Western devs make better stories, they can't code for s**t lol. 

I'm on that Zeffo planet or whatever it is. The game is okay, but glad I got it on sale. Not sure why it was hyped so much. Maybe because its Star Wars or it got lucky on release if nothing else was around. Think I might just stick it on story mode if that allows all trophies to pop. Don't wanna waste my week off work just on this game. 

Edited by DaveMcDamage

41 minutes ago, DaveMcDamage said:

Started the game today. After the first chapter which was great as felt like a fast paced version of the train wreck on Uncharted 2, I then got to the mantis and after the chat the game froze lol. I've been playing a lot of Japanese games these past few months and forgot that whilst Western devs make better stories, they can't code for s**t lol. 

I'm on that Zeffo planet or whatever it is. The game is okay, but glad I got it on sale. Not sure why it was hyped so much. Maybe because its Star Wars or it got lucky on release if nothing else was around. Think I might just stick it on story mode if that allows all trophies to pop. Don't wanna waste my week off work just on this game. 

One reason it got hyped was that it was the first real Star Wars game since Force Unleashed (Battlefront doesn't count and y'all know it). Another was the "Journalists" calling it the Dark Souls of the Star Wars franchise, which is absurd.

3 hours ago, dakk55 said:

One reason it got hyped was that it was the first real Star Wars game since Force Unleashed (Battlefront doesn't count and y'all know it). Another was the "Journalists" calling it the Dark Souls of the Star Wars franchise, which is absurd.

Those guys are more drone than the ones featured in this game. The whole gaming industry is full of this shite. 

Anyway. I'm now on the Wookie planet but trying to climb those dog robot things got on my nerves. Lovely water effects though. But yeah the game is very samey and I'm only 3 planets in. I've not been a massive Star Wars fan for a long time, probably since the original trilogy, but this game isn't awful by any means, its just got no excitement to it and for me thats one of the main problems with the Stars Wars universe in general. All that high tech stuff and yet you spend most your time in caves and medieval looking landscapes. Gets dull. 

But I will push on. How many planets is there by the way?

35 minutes ago, DaveMcDamage said:

Those guys are more drone than the ones featured in this game. The whole gaming industry is full of this shite. 

Anyway. I'm now on the Wookie planet but trying to climb those dog robot things got on my nerves. Lovely water effects though. But yeah the game is very samey and I'm only 3 planets in. I've not been a massive Star Wars fan for a long time, probably since the original trilogy, but this game isn't awful by any means, its just got no excitement to it and for me thats one of the main problems with the Stars Wars universe in general. All that high tech stuff and yet you spend most your time in caves and medieval looking landscapes. Gets dull. 

But I will push on. How many planets is there by the way?

Hmm. There are 5 planets you visit normally, Bogano, Zeffo, Dathomir, Kashyyk, Illum. Bracca and Nur are 2 planets you only are at for the plot, Bracca for intro, Nur for the finale. Yeah, I know that they go for the more ruins, cave type of atmosphere, but in Nur you do get more high tech feel for it. Zeffo will eventually unlock new areas that are high-tech, as I recall, I just name each planet by their types. Kashyyk = Jungle Planet, Zeffro = Ruins/Imperial Holdout Planet, Dathomir = Death Planet, Bogano = Tutorial Planet, and Illum = Ice Planet. 

Also, fuck Zeffo. I don't know what they were thinking with the layout. It wouldn't have been so bad if there was fast travel between the Meditation Points, or at the very least back to the Mantis. But noooooo.

me trying to get back to the mantis on zeffo : FallenOrder

This is a good game but it could have been great with a bit more work. People have said that the game was rushed by EA. I don't know if that is true, but as a Respawn fan, I don't think the end product reflects their usual quality of work.

33 minutes ago, DaveMcDamage said:

All that high tech stuff and yet you spend most your time in caves and medieval looking landscapes. Gets dull. 

Yeah, half of the planets have uninspired, ugly and boring visuals. Also, all the texture pop-ins, sluggish loading of parts of the map, and some unrefined gameplay mechanics scream development constrains (time and money).

It's a shame because it feels like this could have been one of the best 3rd party games of the previous console gen.

1 hour ago, dakk55 said:

Hmm. There are 5 planets you visit normally, Bogano, Zeffo, Dathomir, Kashyyk, Illum. Bracca and Nur are 2 planets you only are at for the plot, Bracca for intro, Nur for the finale. Yeah, I know that they go for the more ruins, cave type of atmosphere, but in Nur you do get more high tech feel for it. Zeffo will eventually unlock new areas that are high-tech, as I recall, I just name each planet by their types. Kashyyk = Jungle Planet, Zeffro = Ruins/Imperial Holdout Planet, Dathomir = Death Planet, Bogano = Tutorial Planet, and Illum = Ice Planet. 

Also, fuck Zeffo. I don't know what they were thinking with the layout. It wouldn't have been so bad if there was fast travel between the Meditation Points, or at the very least back to the Mantis. But noooooo.

me trying to get back to the mantis on zeffo : FallenOrder

Yeah I don't understand the lack of a fast travel in a game which has huge maps. They could have easily implemented it to each save/meditate point or as you say, the ship itself. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DaveMcDamage said:

Yeah I don't understand the lack of a fast travel in a game which has huge maps. They could have easily implemented it to each save/meditate point or as you say, the ship itself. 

I been saving this game for PS5 when I get one SIGH!! lol MAybe just maybe they will add this in I heard they are doing few things different ...Maybe change map system as well? But thats just rumors? :)

10 minutes ago, Titanomachy_75 said:

I been saving this game for PS5 when I get one SIGH!! lol MAybe just maybe they will add this in I heard they are doing few things different ...Maybe change map system as well? But thats just rumors? :)

The map is kack, but the maps aren't overly big. The only main problem with the lack of fast travel is that you can be trying to go somewhere and for example, take the wrong elevator which only goes up and stops or down and stops, basically meaning you know have to go through the whole damn level again to get to where you needed to be. This just happened to me at the end of the 3rd map after saving some Wookies. I took the wrong door and had to go through the whole damn thing again. Its not the maps fault, its the fault of the devs not putting in a fast travel in the first place. 

Its not an awful game mate by any means, just poorly executed by the devs and I think the longer you leave it to play, the more unforgiving you can be of the devs as shit like this should be a thing in gaming anymore. 

Edited by DaveMcDamage

35 minutes ago, DaveMcDamage said:

The map is kack, but the maps aren't overly big. The only main problem with the lack of fast travel is that you can be trying to go somewhere and for example, take the wrong elevator which only goes up and stops or down and stops, basically meaning you know have to go through the whole damn level again to get to where you needed to be. This just happened to me at the end of the 3rd map after saving some Wookies. I took the wrong door and had to go through the whole damn thing again. Its not the maps fault, its the fault of the devs not putting in a fast travel in the first place. 

Its not an awful game mate by any means, just poorly executed by the devs and I think the longer you leave it to play, the more unforgiving you can be of the devs as shit like this should be a thing in gaming anymore. 

Yeah, We will see what they do with the PS5 enhancements ;)

I platted it on ps4slim. Sure it had some slow downs here and there but didn’t feel like unplayable at all. But I would suggest you to try it with 1 month ea play. It’s not a long plat anyways and I don’t think it’s worth to buy it when you can play it with ea play.

15 hours ago, DaveMcDamage said:

All that high tech stuff and yet you spend most your time in caves and medieval looking landscapes. Gets dull. 

Star Wars is actually more fantasy than sci-fi. I always believe the Jedi barely care about those technologies since they follow some kind of religion/tradition which relies heavily on supernatural stuff (the Force). The Galactic Empire, however, does things differently.

15 hours ago, LastMinuteSavior said:

This is a good game but it could have been great with a bit more work.

I couldn't agree more. ?

I expect the sequel will be much better and bigger in scope than this. :yay:

1 hour ago, Titanomachy_75 said:

I can assure you that it runs fine on PS4. No glitched trophies or anything, really.

The navigation system is actually not bad. I've had a much worse experience with Control. Seriously.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, zizimonster said:

Star Wars is actually more fantasy than sci-fi. I always believe the Jedi barely care about those technologies since they follow some kind of religion/tradition which relies heavily on supernatural stuff (the Force). The Galactic Empire, however, does things differently.

I couldn't agree more. 1f44d.png

I expect the sequel will be much better and bigger in scope than this. :yay:

I can assure you that it runs fine on PS4. No glitched trophies or anything, really.

The navigation system is actually not bad. I've had a much worse experience with Control. Seriously.

I see .. Just hearing all the talk about no fast travel has well, Put me off till I get a PS5?

6 hours ago, Titanomachy_75 said:

I see .. Just hearing all the talk about no fast travel has well, Put me off till I get a PS5?

No fast-travel does not really impact my experience, to be honest, because game's areas are relatively small. The game is more metroidvania than full-blown open-world like HZD or RDR2, so having no fast-travel doesn't really hurt.

If you're able to get a PS5 now/soon, sure play it on that console since the game received a performance patch for the console last January. Native PS5 version is also expected to release this summer. :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zizimonster said:

No fast-travel does not really impact my experience, to be honest, because game's areas are relatively small. The game is more metroidvania than full-blown open-world like HZD or RDR2, so having no fast-travel doesn't really hurt.

If you're able to get a PS5 now/soon, sure play it on that console since the game received a performance patch for the console last January. Native PS5 version is also expected to release this summer. :)

Thanks for the info :)