Summer 2020 Backlog Challenge

On 28/05/2020 at 3:45 AM, MidnightDragon said:

@Zach @Ayoama @Crispy_Oglop Just a reminder: if, in the off chance Ghost of Tsushima gets delayed again, you can switch it out for something else no questions asked. That being said,I seriously doubt it'll happen.

Are you keeping a master list of our games or anything? I've done some edits here and there and will do one final one before the cut-off date. It's always been my first post with my initial list. Do I need to notify you of edits or anything? 

On 5/27/2020 at 10:35 PM, Draps-1337 said:

I just noticed my name link in the OP goes to some news article you were probably reading at the time!

Oops. Fixed it.

2 hours ago, Ayoama said:

Are you keeping a master list of our games or anything? I've done some edits here and there and will do one final one before the cut-off date. It's always been my first post with my initial list. Do I need to notify you of edits or anything? 

Nope, I see them since I do read all the posts here. I just use the first post for simplicity sake.

Edited by MidnightDragon
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

I've decided on my games. I should be able to finish at least 4 this time.

2 hours ago, Liioni said:

I'm so excited to start this event! I missed out a bit on the Spring event because of real life things, but they are kind of settling down so I am hoping for a lot of gaming opportunities this coming summer! 

I am planning on taking the games one at a time and most probably in the order they are listed. I am not 100% sure on that yet, but I will for sure start with Doom. Will see if I can manage to stay away until even start, if not I will update this post with the percentage I am currently at when it starts! LEGO Ninjago was a bit of a last minute decision because I tried it yesterday for a very short time and I enjoyed it, so figured I would just add it and play through it. Seems like a fun and interesting game!

Thief was one of the first games on the PS4 for me, and I still feel a bit weird about not having completed it yet. (Also my partner asked me to play it during this event, I think he wants to see it but not play it :D). Other than that I decided to add two games I actually really enjoyed playing back when I started them, but I for some reason never finished. So Horizon Zero Dawn and AC Black Flag will hopefully finally end up away from my backlog!

Game Start % Start Trophies Current % Current Trophies
Doom 1 1/55 1 1/55
LEGO Ninjago Movie: The Videogame 4 3/51 4 3/51
Thief 1 1/38 1 1/38
Horizon Zero Dawn 19 19/79 19 19/79
Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag 5 5/61 5 5/61

18 minutes ago, BurningCypress said:

Well, I think it's time to join the party. This is my first participant and it's better for me to choose games more wisely. 

Most of these are the games that were installed a long time ago on my console and I really want the opportunity to finish and delete them:

Erica - 0%

Gravity Rush Remastered - 2%

Need for Speed Payback - 13%

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege - 1%

Everybody's Gone to the Rapture - 0%

Assassin's Creed Rogue Remastered - 1%

Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter - 15%

This summer, I will definitely play other games too, but I'm not sure about them. 

Hope everybody enjoys the summer!

Added

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, AscendancyGaming said:

Hey, I'd like to join. I'll start my list with seven games, and likely add more later, after a new hard drive I ordered gets here. Having more space on the PS4 will be nice, and I'm sure I'll start filling it up quick enough. Anyway, here's my list below and best of luck to everyone who entered.

Reveal hidden contents
  1. God of War - 2%
  2. Samurai Warriors 4-II - 18%
  3. Secret of Mana - 1%
  4. Cyberdimension Neptunia: 4 Goddesses Online - 28%
  5. Pixel Piracy - 0%
  6. LEGO Jurassic World - 16%
  7. LittleBigPlanet 3 - 4%

Added

5 hours ago, Xenoblast91 said:

A new season, a new year of life to me and a new challenge! I’m joining now, but don’t really know if I can bring up all my wanted games for this 3 months, so I must be really wise in order to pick the right games up this time. I have a lot of games, many from PS+, so any recent AAA at the moment, more because I’ve spent a lot of money on DLCs, in order to get 100% on every possible owned game. Anyways, I’ll try my best to get into it. My list will be as follows:

1. Final Fantasy XV – 63% (which will be my only above 30%)
  2. Another World – 0%
  3. The Bridge – 0%
  4. Attack of the Toy Tanks – 0% (a shameful Platinum -I know-, but I purched it before becoming a trophy hunter... anyways 1f644.png)
  5. Journey – 0%
  6. Call of Duty WWII – 0%
  7. Ōkami HD – 0%
  8. Darksiders III – 0%
  9. LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2 – 0%
  10. Detroit: Become Human – 0%
  11. The Last of Us Remastered – 0%

All right, @MidnightDragon, that will be this time! I hope I can finally beat everything this time! I picked only few which I consider properly in time frame, fun and platinum time (relatively). By the time if I manage to finish this original list, I’ll add 2 on 2, and so on. Thanks again for the challenge!

Happy hunting all :D!

48 minutes ago, Catman5 said:

This sounds like a fun way to start or get back into games I've barely played.

1. Gravity Rush 2: 0%

2. Abzu: 5%

3. Astrobot: 22%

4. Batman - Telltale: 0%

5. Uncharted Golden Abyss: 18%

6. Ghost of Tsushima: 0%

May end up adding The Last of Us Part 2 but i'm reluctant to do so before seeing the trophies.

Added

• Like 2

On 5/9/2020 at 11:28 PM, Kishnabe said:

Back to the Future PS3 0%

Sonic & All Stars Racing PS3 0%

Gemini: Heroes Reborn 0%

Beast Quest 0 %

Icey 0 %

Removed Fighter Z (12% to 40% yesterday)

Took out Hero Academia game, might still work on that one and add it back in before 20-5%.

• Like 3

Count me in! 

1. Ratchet and Clank (PS3)- 11%

2. The Witcher 3- 13%

3. Hitman 2- 12%

4. Hitman Contracts- 5%

5. Grand Theft Auto V (PS4)- 3%

I have Dead Nation (PS4) at 32%, can I add that in place of Hitman Contracts even though it's (slightly) over the 30% limit? 

• Like 4

Sorry, I'm changing up my list at the last second:

Old list:

SnowRunner - 15%

Sakura Wars  - 4%

Hero must die. again  -25%

Horizon Zero Dawn (100% everything) -11%

Titanfall 2 -4%

FFVIII Remastered - 5%

Secret of Mana - 4%

Trillion: God of Destruction (Vita) - 20%

Resident Evil - 3%

Resident Evil 2 - 12%

New list:

Snowrunner - 15%

Sakura Wars - 4%

Horizon Zero Dawn (100% everything) - 11%

Dreams - 0%

Civilization VI - 0%

I'm cutting from 10 down to 5 to focus on longer games I've been putting off getting started on. Dreams and Civ 6 aren't in my trophy list yet, but I own them and will start them tomorrow. I'm using this challenge as motivation to finally learn those games. For Civ VI I have all the DLC so I'll be going for 100%, but I think one of the Gran Columbia trophies is bugged still. 

Good luck, everybody!

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, KillerUni12 said:

Count me in! 

1. Ratchet and Clank (PS3)- 11%

2. The Witcher 3- 13%

3. Hitman 2- 12%

4. Hitman Contracts- 5%

5. Grand Theft Auto V (PS4)- 3%

I have Dead Nation (PS4) at 32%, can I add that in place of Hitman Contracts even though it's (slightly) over the 30% limit? 

19 minutes ago, DizzyDavidson said:

I would like to join again as well. I've been debating this past week if I should join and while my overall mood hasn't changed (it's pretty bad) I just love this community and feel like it would be a mistake not to be a part of it. Sometimes you just have to take the dive and hope for the best.

Here are my games:

• Tales of Xillia 2 (PS3) - 0%: I'm about 10 hours into the game. Majority of the trophies don't come till late/post game or even second playthrough. It's been almost 4 years since I played the first ToX game (my first Tales of game, since then I have collected all the games on PS3/PS4/Vita I believe), also for one of these backlog challenges. Naturally, I needed a refresher of what happened before ToX2 so I watched a couple of recaps. 
  • God of War 3 (PS3) - 0%: It's my last game of the series on PS3 then I can move on to PS4. From the demo, I know it starts up where GoW2 left off which is still fresh on my mind. Prolly won't play the PS4 stack for a while.
  • Bioshock Infinite (PS3) - 0%: I haven't played a Bioshock game in forever and I had this game for quite some time. It's the Complete Edition that means I don't have to worry about spending money on dlc. I want to finish up the Bioshock games on PS3 before doing them on PS4. Do the trophies still glitch if you get signed out of PSN while playing this game? I'll play it offline just to be safe.
  • Zone of the Enders HD Edition (PS3) - 0%: I played this game back on PS2 but don't remember any of it. If I recall the game came with Metal Gear Solid 2 demo, my friend bought it for that reason and I borrowed it from him.
  • Cat Quest (PS4) - 0%: Anything with cats is awesome (ToX2 has cats too). Can't wait to play this, but unfortunately I'll have to. I don't want to play 2 rpgs at the same time so it will have to wait till I at least finish the story once in ToX2.

Frankly I don't know if I will be able to finish all these (even with only joining with 5 games) because ToX2 will be a big time sink and Bioshock Infinite isn't a small fry either. I will still try my best.

I'm mostly focusing on my PS3 backlog as I want to reduce the number significantly before I jump on next gen. I have 60-70 games to go, a lot of them (j)rpgs however. It's hard to find time for those kind of games outside of weekends sometimes. I tossed in a PS4 game too, I didn't want that system to get neglected.

Outside of my list I'll be playing Need for Speed Shift but because of dlc I'm not adding it here.

Added

• Like 1