Sony has found the TLOU2 leaker, saying they were not affiliated with either Sony or Naughty Dog

Azaan60

17 hours ago, TurtlePM said:

I'm not understanding this reaction from the public. Someone leaked spoilers from the game. Why people that were interested/hyped in the game actually watched these videos and informations about the game leaks?

I'm not hyped for the game, but I didn't run into Spoiler videos to watch the all game and save my money. I want to try the game without any information from its ending or twists. 

The problem with leaks is that shit gets posted on every social and you will never know if while you are scrolling through reddit, twitter, youtube you are going to find a spoiler that is going to ruin the years of waiting for a sequel.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ArmoredSnowman said:

I still want to see Sam and Sully's adventure, though I wouldn't mind having some adventures with Nate's daughter -- though it might feel too much like Tomb Raider at that point (though Lost Legacy worked out, so who knows).

I can understand fans being biased for series they love, but Uncharted had a good run, even with the issues its brought along. Naughty Dog stuck with this series for two generations, one too many, especially since it ended up resulting in them failing to produce a new IP (almost The Last of Us 2 as well) this generation and a possible sequel (or reboot) to Jak and Daxter, as disregarding that one petty statement by a single member of the studio, they've said more than once it's not off the table. If like other developers Naughty Dog started development for their next game on PS5 after Uncharted: The Lost Legacy, this generation would have been purely Uncharted, which also almost happened last generation too. Clearly the world is fine without more Uncharted, by Naughty Dog, for now anyway. Fans are lucky and should be extremely grateful to have Uncharted 4 and especially Lost Legacy as is. Uncharted 3 ended the series perfectly prior, yet Uncharted 4—an entirely unnecessary follow-up with a forced storyline built on a retcon and as one result ruined a good deal of the established story and character development created—still came to be, even though it was for profit gains.

Edited by EcoShifter

i'm not buying this, this really does sound like a damage control, I heard the game play of TLOU2 is really good but so far ND have really destroyed the good story that was built on the first game in favor to push for their political agenda which is really, really sad.

gotta say we have to play the freaking game ourselfs to fully judge it " if Sony or naughty dog didn't delay it again or cancel it at this point that is " but right now i'm more interested on Ghost of Tsushima far more than TLOU2, let's hope Sucker Punch will not gonna screw that game too and I hate to say this but, for the love of God keep any of whoever working at naughty dog right now to stay away from GOT.

26 minutes ago, Gotakibono said:

The rumour of an unpaid staff member leaking the game is a diffciult one to shake. Even if evidence proves that the leaker wasn't affliated with Naughty Dog, many people will still treat Naughty Dog with the same disdain as if it were true, and perhaps even assume they're covering their tracks. On the flip side, if it is actually true, then one of the most beloved development studios have completely ruined their reputation and could have hugely deterimental effects on them going forward. A company of their size not paying their employess would be shameful and nigh-on impossible to defend.

Why do people keep acting like these recent events with Naughty Dog are the only noteworthy internal issue that's ever been reported/confirmed from the studio. Sure, some people are uninformed about other related events, but there's too often a lack of acknowledgement of any kind of previously similar internal conflicts. 

Edited by EcoShifter
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, EcoShifter said:

Why do people keep acting like this is the only internal issue that's ever been reported/confirmed from the studio. Sure, some people and uninformed about other related events, but there's too often a lack of acknowledgement of any kind of previously similar internal conflicts. Even when not factoring in previous reports, the sheer amount of important people that (not to generalize all but) left the studio over the pass several years—including but not limited to Amy Henning and Bruce Straley—is suspicious enough.

I don't know if that's aimed at me, but I'm well aware of their history - just thought it was needless to go into it in this thread.

And yeah, there's been a lot of smoke coming from the studios over the past few years, but it's not exactly big news outside of gaming circles. For better or worse, the game itself it what the vast majority of people care about, not the developers or the behind the scenes shenanigans. I liken it to the movie industry. Most people don't follow or seek out news regarding writers being fired or anything else pertaining to a film being shot, they just watch the movie. But if the Avengers was leaked months before release you better believe people would be pissed and suddenly wondering what happened or caused the leak.

This is unfortunately what has happened with Naughty Dog. Their big release is out there for everyone to see and it's shining a huge light on them as a studio right now. It's simply a far bigger story than Henning or Straley - that's probably why a lot of people are only finding out about all the other stuff now.

8 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

The identity of the leaker has always been inconsequential to me. Like sure, it would have been some kind of poetic justice if it had been a Naughty Dog employee doing it to get back at the higher-ups at the studio, but even if it turns out they aren't affiliated with Sony or ND (not just gonna take their word for it), the leaker is still a hero as far as I'm concerned. I'm glad everyone gets to see what woke trash the game is *before* they spend money on it. :lol:

I think from now on, I am going to do you a favour and sporadically post spoilers of big games before you play them just so I can be your hero and save you some cash. 

Edited by Stardroid
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, Gotakibono said:

I don't know if that's aimed at me, but I'm well aware of their history - just thought it was needless to go into it in this thread.

It's not. That's why I said "people". You didn't have to go into detail about it, but your initial post makes it seem like this is the first similar instance. I understand that this one is potentially the worse.

And yeah, there's been a lot of smoke coming from the studios over the past few years, but it's not exactly big news outside of gaming circles. For better or worse, the game itself it what the vast majority of people care about, not the developers or the behind the scenes shenanigans. I liken it to the movie industry. Most people don't follow or seek out news regarding writers being fired or anything else pertaining to a film being shot, they just watch the movie. But if the Avengers was leaked months before release you better believe people would be pissed and suddenly wondering what happened or caused the leak.

Well, among the internal studio problems, the game itself has also been leaked. 

This is unfortunately what has happened with Naughty Dog. Their big release is out there for everyone to see and it's shining a huge light on them as a studio right now. It's simply a far bigger story than Henning or Straley - that's probably why a lot of people are only finding out about all the other stuff now.

The primary issues surrounding the game are its political agendas and treatment of the characters in its story. It's been made clear that the former is more on the minority side, while the latter is mostly responsible for the negative reactions, the now cautious buyers, and the cancelled preorders. I had already edited that part out because it wasn't comparable to the lack of paid employees. As for "far bigger story", I wouldn't apply that specifically to Amy's case; her case was pretty big.

- - - -

That said, I agree with just about your entire original post. For the leaker in particular, though, I wouldn't label them as a hero either, not unless it's the type that causes havoc and causalities in the process, just to put that out there. The leak action is simultaneously good and bad.

Edited by EcoShifter
  • Like 1

Just now, Undead Wolf said:

I love how triggered you are by all this. I've greatly enjoyed seeing all your responses. :lol:

I don't think you know what it means to be triggered mate. You can always try to argue instead of making shallow comments like this. By the way: 

He takes the fall for Miyabi(?) stabbing their old teacher, as a gesture to restore her faith in teachers. Having "fixed" the last problem student in his class, and believing he's on the run from the law, he takes a job in CA so he can help more students.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Stardroid said:

I don't think you know what it means to be triggered mate. You can always try to argue instead of making shallow comments like this. By the way: 

He takes the fall for Miyabi(?) stabbing their old teacher, as a gesture to restore her faith in teachers. Having "fixed" the last problem student in his class, and believing he's on the run from the law, he takes a job in CA so he can help more students.

What does copying a line about great teacher onizuka from reddit have to do with anything?

• Like 2

Just now, SnowxSakura said:

What does copying a line about great teacher onizuka from reddit have to do with anything?

I don't know mate, what do you think? I for one, am a hero and I think that show is terrible and I just want our friend Undead Wolf here to spare himself some time and just stop watching the show altogether. Oh wait, the real world doesn't work like that. Just because I don't like something doesn't mean I get to be a dickhead and spoil things for other people while I get elavated to hero status. Colour me surprised. 

• Like 1

they just want people to think it was an outside source so the fence sitters who are pissed off at how nd TREAT THEIR STAFF, no longer have viable evidence to back it up. it's all they could do to mitigate the damage their little youtube crusade caused.

they are desperate, embarassing, and not exactly financially stable atm working on a new console. it's an act of desperation more then anything else, subversive yes but not criminally so, just desperate to try and eek out something tangible from this entire shitstorm.

Just now, MatThaRiPP3R84 said:

they just want people to think it was an outside source so the fence sitters who are pissed off at how nd TREAT THEIR STAFF, no longer have viable evidence to back it up. it's all they could do to mitigate the damage their little youtube crusade caused.

they are desperate, embarassing, and not exactly financially stable atm working on a new console. it's an act of desperation more then anything else, subversive yes but not criminally so, just desperate to try and eek out something tangible from this entire shitstorm.

That's right, all those reports on crunch time earlier this month are no longer true because the leaker is not affiliated with Sony or ND. 

1 hour ago, Stardroid said:

That's right, all those reports on crunch time earlier this month are no longer true because the leaker is not affiliated with Sony or ND. 

Sooo, you don't take it with at least the tiniest pinch of salt that they maybe just trying to damage control? Because if he was affiliated with them, right now when the internet is shitting on Sony and ND, it would just make it worst for them. Of course, they'd lie about it until we get hard proof it's nothing more than me saying I'm a unicorn. 

4 minutes ago, HaserPL said:

Sooo, you don't take it with at least the tiniest pinch of salt that they maybe just trying to damage control? Because if he was affiliated with them, right now when the internet is shitting on Sony and ND, it would just make it worst for them. Of course, they'd lie about it until we get hard proof it's nothing more than me saying I'm a unicorn. 

No, I don't. I don't know if they are lying or not. You know what they say about dumb people. They are often sure of themselves. Luckily, I'm also dumb, but not dumb enough to be so sure. 

11 minutes ago, Stardroid said:

No, I don't. I don't know if they are lying or not. You know what they say about dumb people. They are often sure of themselves. Luckily, I'm also dumb, but not dumb enough to be so sure. 

I'm not sure, but what's interesting is that the video footage (cutscenes) was recorded from the game dev version of the game. Something that's only available for the DEVELOPERS, especially just shy of 2 months before the release. Would it be possible to steal that after the release? Yes. Before? In such a big and rich company? I don't think so. 

• Like 2

Just now, HaserPL said:

I'm not sure, but what's interesting is that the video footage (cutscenes) was recorded from the game dev version of the game. Something that's only available for the DEVELOPERS, especially just shy of 2 months before the release. Would it be possible to steal that after the release? Yes. Before? In such a big and rich company? I don't think so. 

It's almost as if people are working from home due to a certain virus spreading around and maybe some twat got a hold of some footage, you know, due to fuck all security from home and decided to leak it. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Stardroid said:

It's almost as if people are working from home due to a certain virus spreading around and maybe some twat got a hold of some footage, you know, due to fuck all security from home and decided to leak it. 

But in that case, that person should be obliged to call it in to the developers and the police. If he didn't do it, he's just as guilty as the leaker himself. 

95259563_546771856257129_4915275030125871104_n.png?_nc_cat=102&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=sW37GTetdDUAX83A5Oj&_nc_ht=scontent.fwaw5-1.fna&oh=03ee2f9bb83ea333ebe4e36c39cf53ed&oe=5ED3DDBE

That's like hitting someone with a shovel and then throwing it out behind your back and saying "no, it must have been the wind".

Just now, HaserPL said:

But in that case, that person should be obliged to call it in to the developers and the police. If he didn't do it, he's just as guilty as the leaker himself. 

95259563_546771856257129_4915275030125871104_n.png?_nc_cat=102&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=sW37GTetdDUAX83A5Oj&_nc_ht=scontent.fwaw5-1.fna&oh=03ee2f9bb83ea333ebe4e36c39cf53ed&oe=5ED3DDBE

That's like hitting someone with a shovel and then throwing it out behind your back and saying "no, it must have been the wind".

Neither me or you really know when and how the leaker was found. For all I know he could have been identified way sooner than we know. These things aren't up on the open immediately. Sony and ND have to think about what they do as it directly impacts their own business. There are so many factors that are possibly at play, that speculation is absolutely useless, that's what I am saying. Who says the developer was aware someone stole content from them for instance? Not saying that ND and Sony claims are true, but I'm not going to be that guy that's like CuCkMaN AnD SoNy are 10o% LyiNg. Because I can't know for certain. Probably best to call it a day again in these topics. This for me has been an incredibly draining experience and I wish people wouldn't be so quick to jump to conclusions. The amount of clickbait titles, people being crybabies over nothing etc is mind boggling. But the ND apologists are also something. 

Look, I've seen the leaks and I can't say that I'm happy either with what I saw, but I have made my stance clear on what makes a story great before, not going to dive into that. All I know is that ND make good games. 

Enjoy your day. I'm out!

• Like 3

Beyond what @Stardroid said, what's interesting to me is this. If that's true, the leak wasn't from their employee, but it was somehow stolen during the remote-quarantine-job, wouldn't they have noticed that someone broke into their office/house and literally recorded almost 30 minutes of footage, then uploaded/copied that, and left without anyone realizing?