Brutal without glitch possible?

59 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Enemies kill you in just one or two hits and you pick up just one or two bullets at a time for any weapon. Nathan Drake is basically a punching bag until the games finally decide to bless you with RNG because it's completely random whether enemies kill you or not.

That is bullshit. There are a number of sections in the game where you are completely overwhelmed, it's like stepping on broken glass with your bare feet and walking away unscathed. The entire train segment in Uncharted 2 is mostly down to luck, because on Brutal enemies can just kill you in a split second.

There is fair difficulty that's hard, and difficulty that is just 'why the hell am I even playing this'? Super Meat Boy is the former, because while it's very difficult, it's fair, and it has some of the most fluid platforming controls I've felt in any game.

I wasn't referring to whether or not brutal was fair or not. I was stating his logic isn't stupid. 

Play harder games, become a better player.

Referencing brutal. Personally, it isn't hard. But everyone has a different skill cap. If you are used to games that are "hard" or "unfair", then brutal is easy.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Reinachii- said:

I wasn't referring to whether or not brutal was fair or not. I was stating his logic isn't stupid. 

Play harder games, become a better player.

Referencing brutal. Personally, it isn't hard. But everyone has a different skill cap. If you are used to games that are "hard" or "unfair", then brutal is easy.

Where is Uncharted 1 and Uncharted 3 Remastered on your trophy list?

You obviously didn't care to come up with any rebuttal. Play harder games, become a better player. Great advice. I'd like to see you do Super Meat Boy in under a month.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Where is Uncharted 1 and Uncharted 3 Remastered on your trophy list?

You obviously didn't care to come up with any rebuttal. Play harder games, become a better player. Great advice. I'd like to see you do Super Meat Boy in under a month.

A rebuttal to what? That some games have RNG and unfair situations? 

I would agree with you there, that isn't what we are arguing. 

Play harder games to be a better player. Yes, i agree with this statement.

However,  I didn't give that advice to anyone, just that it is logically correct. 

Complete SMB in under a month to prove what? :/?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Reinachii- said:

A rebuttal to what? That some games have RNG and unfair situations? 

I would agree with you there, that isn't what we are arguing. 

Play harder games to be a better player. Yes, i agree with this statement.

However,  I didn't give that advice to anyone, just that it is logically correct. 

Complete SMB in under a month to prove what? :/?

I was just saying Brutal is utterly unfair which is why a lot of people have already used the glitch. Unknown to me there is a newer retail version of the Nathan Drake collection which patched out the tweaks. I picked up the original release which have the tweaks, as long as you didn't update to the newest version you can use the tweaks on all three Uncharted games.

The games were just fine on Crushing difficulty.

Yes, you play harder games to get better. Getting Super Meat Boy done is impressive enough, but doing so in a few weeks time or less requires a huge amount of concentration and skill.

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 3

I think people forget that trophies for the platinum were very much fair. Crushing (at least on 2 and 3) was almost easy (again, it’s subjective to my experience). Brutal was added in dlc as an over the top challenge for those who enjoy a super hard difficulty. It’s not unfair. It just doesn’t come easy to everyone, that’s the idea. Before doing brutal, I heard so much negative stuff about it, I was considering not doing it at all. I essentially gave up before trying. But then I gave it a go and got my ass handed to me, but I tried again. I learned how the game operated on this level, adapted, listened to advice, tried different approaches in tough spots, and I finished the behemoth in about a week of a couple of hours each night. Some people might think it to be a waste of time, but I had a good time overall, so who cares?

If you choose to use tweaks because you got the right edition, or if you choose to downgrade using proxy or whatever, that’s definitely your choice. Your trophy is yours, and has the meaning you put behind it. Mine means I proved to myself I could do it. Yours might mean a big middle finger to an unfair game. At the end of the day, one doesn’t affect the other. But I want to stress it to anyone considering brutal run legit - it’s possible, but you will have to work for it. If a noob like me can do it, you can do it. Chapters 4-5 are usually the hardest, so once you are past that, things get easier.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, papert0wng1rl said:

I think people forget that trophies for the platinum were very much fair. Crushing (at least on 2 and 3) was almost easy (again, it’s subjective to my experience). Brutal was added in dlc as an over the top challenge for those who enjoy a super hard difficulty. It’s not unfair. It just doesn’t come easy to everyone, that’s the idea. Before doing brutal, I heard so much negative stuff about it, I was considering not doing it at all. I essentially gave up before trying. But then I gave it a go and got my ass handed to me, but I tried again. I learned how the game operated on this level, adapted, listened to advice, tried different approaches in tough spots, and I finished the behemoth in about a week of a couple of hours each night. Some people might think it to be a waste of time, but I had a good time overall, so who cares?

If you choose to use tweaks because you got the right edition, or if you choose to downgrade using proxy or whatever, that’s definitely your choice. Your trophy is yours, and has the meaning you put behind it. Mine means I proved to myself I could do it. Yours might mean a big middle finger to an unfair game. At the end of the day, one doesn’t affect the other. But I want to stress it to anyone considering brutal run legit - it’s possible, but you will have to work for it. If a noob like me can do it, you can do it. Chapters 4-5 are usually the hardest, so once you are past that, things get easier.

I’m just going to agree to disagree. 

There are hard challenges that are fair and other challenges that are hard but are intentionally unfair. 

That entire train section in Uncharted 2 is literally a bitch. According to your statement I guess dying in two hits and picking up two bullets for Nathan Drake to use on his AK-47 is fair right? 

If you had the patience to sit through over 1000 deaths to do Brutal legit, more power to you. I just couldn’t be bothered. 

• Like 2

I have started Brutal difficulty tonight and after two hours I'm already pissed off. On my first encounter it took me 20 minutes to go forward since I was always shot by far and dying on a single pistol shot (unless many enemies were touching me at the same time). Honestly Uncharted 1 brutal was not as bad, now I feel that the second I leave a cover I'm dead. I guess I knew Uncharted 1 better so I could track the enemies easier, because right now I believe I'll go nuts pretty quickly...

Right now I'm trying to end chapter 4 while running with Sully, no gun but an enemy on my way, while I'm trying to put him down I am shot on the back by another enemy, how am I supposed to do this?! I get insta-killed way before I'm done with my fist fight. Brutal difficulty is ridiculous for these parts of the game, how can it be fun there? 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, MarcancooL said:

Right now I'm trying to end chapter 4 while running with Sully, no gun but an enemy on my way, while I'm trying to put him down I am shot on the back by another enemy, how am I supposed to do this?! I get insta-killed way before I'm done with my fist fight. Brutal difficulty is ridiculous for these parts of the game, how can it be fun there? 

Are you on the part in the building where Nathan Drake discovers what Zoren is up to, and you’re being ambushed by a bunch of guys?

That was HARD. I died practically every time my head was out of cover. 

Edited by Spaz

On 5/9/2020 at 11:50 AM, Golden Devil Gamer said:

Ammo isn't an issue when you can pick up a weapon, drop it, pick up the same weapon somewhere else in the area, and go back to pick up the first weapon. If your doing this for an AK-47 for example, you'll be picking up approximately 60 + 60 ammo, instead of 60 + 2-3. It makes the whole ammo issue trivialized. 

The real issue is when they give you a checkpoint where your exposed in front of enemies and you have to pray to the RNG gods that within your 40th attempt, you'll be able to get to cover safely and actually continue playing the game again. Moments like these are when you can tell that Brutal difficulty wasn't play-tested.

Yep this 100%.

I cleared all 3 remastered Uncarted on Burtal without any cheats and its pretty routgh.

But thankfully the games are still easy overall, its just the devs turned up the bs meter to the max for Burtal.

So each cheatless run ends up having lots of akward difficutly spikes.

Imo Uncarted 2 is easily the hardest of the 3 to clear as well.

On 06/09/2020 at 11:04 PM, Spaz said:

Are you on the part in the building where Nathan Drake discovers what Zoren is up to, and you’re being ambushed by a bunch of guys?

That was HARD. I died practically every time my head was out of cover. 

No it's not that one :P I can't cover up since I only could run away and there are enemies shooting at me. Then a guy appears on my face and I need to beat him without a gun to pass. I eventually rolled past him without fighting to get this done. I'm now at chapter 15 so there is some progress, I should be fine eventually but I needed to complain a little to get more motivation haha

Edited by MarcancooL

• 1 month later...

Yes, I did it.

It all comes down to playing smart and using the right weaponry. 

Chapter 4 is difficult because of the amount of enemies and angles they come from. I found the back corners by the treehouse you need to blow up solid cover. Get good with grenades and blind fire.

The train sections are difficult because the helicopter will get random, cheap kills on you. The advancing armor guys take a lot to take down. The next section will make you rage because they get so many $#%!ing spawn kills on you in the center of the train, even if you roll to the ledge which is what you need to do.

The last section with the guardians was easy, imo provided you’ve conserved grenade and/or crossbow ammo. Lob grenades into left side next, run in circles around edge to avoid guardians then turn/shoot with crossbow. You might have to swap weapons regularly but pepper them from afar and stay patient. 

• 1 month later...

It is certainly doable, given I finished the collection on Brutal about 55 months ago... without even knowing about any exploits beyond the ammo stacking and aiming around walls (which I do on normal playthroughs anyways). But I'd certainly acknowledge that select parts, like the portion after the QTE dodge during the final boss fight in UC1, some of the train traversal in UC2, and one of the escape/fleeing situations in UC3 (I think the end of chapter 9?), were brazenly unfair and largely luck-driven. Trial and error, really, for those. 

It's been a long time so I don't remember it all, but overall I'd say anyone who can beat Crushing without too much trouble and is very familiar with the titles can also conquer Brutal. It'll require much patience and strategy--whether that is planning out how you'll clear enemy encounters, memorizing enemy behavior, or managing your weapon choices and ammo supply as you assess what you'll need for the toughest occasions. Also improve your aim to get headshots as much as possible, of course, since you cannot afford to leave cover very long at all. 

I assume it's certainly possible. Just a lot harder than the other two titles. To give you an example of its unfairness, I'm currently stuck on Chapter 19, at a part where you get pinned by an ever-advancing swarm of endless enemies. I have also died immediately when I spawn after a death. All the talk about Brutal mode is spot-on: that the smoothbrained dipsh!ts at Bluepoint/ND did no testing whatsoever on this mode. It is devoid of any real challenge, only cheap deaths, and it basically turns the game into a purely RNG-reliant affair. 

On 10/05/2020 at 1:30 AM, X-Colluz_01 said:

Hi guys, I previously did brutal on Ucharted 1 thanks to glitch of unlimited ammo and one shoot one kill. Now on 2, like I read on guide, I can't use its (I have the digital version). I try but im blocked on stage 4 from over 2 hours. My main problems are the very very limited ammo and find good spot for shoot enemies while dont get istakill by them. So I would ask you if is possible do brutal run without tweak and if yes, you can give me advice for help. Thanks

It is possible as I have done it myself. As for advice, it has been a while so I can't offer too much.

Carrying the right weapon/s and tools at the right time is beneficial and does help make things easier.

I generally remember having to rely on shooting behind cover a lot of the time, and utilising the dodge/roll. Getting in headshots whenever possible, using the environment to your advantage, etc. I advise you to not waste any time searching for ammo and instead make use of other weapons that may be lying around.

Despite being very careful, you still seem to get killed often (and very cheaply); which I found to be absurd.

It's a process - but one that is absolutely doable. Good luck.

Edited by SnuggleButt_

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
On 1-2-2021 at 11:41 PM, Shua_J said:

I've just done Uncharted 1 and 2 Brutal no glitches no tweaks and after my speedrun on 2...I'm headed to 3 on Brutal. 

Hi there, congrats on doing both of these!

I just completed brutal in U1 without tweaks and I'm planning to do U2 without tweaks as well now and wanted to ask you how do they compare? Which one is harder (without tweaks)? I assume U2 will be harder but how much?

Edited by Flex_Da_Brent

• 2 months later...

Just finished U2 on Brutal without tweaks, because I own the digital copy. TBH I kinda regret getting through U1 with tweaks now, Brutal is such a challenging difficulty, which makes you feel like mastering the game. I still prefer Grounded on TLoU as it fits better for the survival genre of the game and didn't feel unfair, unlike here, especially in the sections with dozens of enemies coming for you at once and you having no proper cover and running out of ammo quickly (Chapters 22 or 23 for instance). But beating it felt great. And you know what? I love hard games and challenges like this. Sure, chapters when you just had to run and hope you're not shot were really stupid, but it's easily outnumbered by the sections, which depend on your skill.

Long story short, this is hard, unfair at times and you die in 1-2 shots, so you've gotta be really carefull and use the cover trick and other great strategies which skip huge spawns of enemies. I recommend you use Seraphim17's YouTube videos. That guy basically guided me through the game and made me want to do Brutal on U3 legit. Cheers ^^

On 11/8/2021 at 6:11 AM, Sebulba2000 said:

Just finished U2 on Brutal without tweaks, because I own the digital copy. TBH I kinda regret getting through U1 with tweaks now, Brutal is such a challenging difficulty, which makes you feel like mastering the game. I still prefer Grounded on TLoU as it fits better for the survival genre of the game and didn't feel unfair, unlike here, especially in the sections with dozens of enemies coming for you at once and you having no proper cover and running out of ammo quickly (Chapters 22 or 23 for instance). But beating it felt great. And you know what? I love hard games and challenges like this. Sure, chapters when you just had to run and hope you're not shot were really stupid, but it's easily outnumbered by the sections, which depend on your skill.

Long story short, this is hard, unfair at times and you die in 1-2 shots, so you've gotta be really carefull and use the cover trick and other great strategies which skip huge spawns of enemies. I recommend you use Seraphim17's YouTube videos. That guy basically guided me through the game and made me want to do Brutal on U3 legit. Cheers ^^

Yeah, it's past a year but I remember fun time and very gratification at the end. I also did Uncharted 1 with glitch and others without. Only few moments at very frustrating (cap 4 is very hard or also train part), but with patience and rights tricks (full ammo reload) can be done. I actually have all Uncharted games platinum, not all 100 % because 4 additional content that requires lot grind. 

16 hours ago, X-Colluz_01 said:

Yeah, it's past a year but I remember fun time and very gratification at the end. I also did Uncharted 1 with glitch and others without. Only few moments at very frustrating (cap 4 is very hard or also train part), but with patience and rights tricks (full ammo reload) can be done. I actually have all Uncharted games platinum, not all 100 % because 4 additional content that requires lot grind. 

I've actually managed to get 100% on all 3 of Uncharted games for PS3, just before the servers shutdown and it was a huge grind, but felt really rewarding. I'm now going to do the same for the PS4. I picked the collection a year ago when it was free, but now I finally have much more time to play video games :D

I didn't find the train section to be any difficult, but that one checkpoint in Chapter 4 was probably the most difficult part of the game for me, with the 2nd one being Chapter 19.

• 2 months later...

While difficulty is subjective and I am more leaning towards Brutal being under the bullshit category, it's a shame they didn't allow tweaks for Brutal. I think that would actually have been a fun time, where both you and the enemies are overpowered. Uncharted 2 had the most balanced Crushing difficulty (except the final boss) out of the 3 Uncharted games. I could definitely play a harder difficulty than Crushing for this game specifically, but Brutal is too much. 

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

It's completely possible on the digital version with the latest patch. I just beat the game on brutal some minutes ago. It wasn't as bad as I thought. Don't get me wrong, it's was annoying as hell at many sections of the game but still doable with patience, the right weapons (in some fights at least), being as stealthy as possible, using the right strategy (developed after all your retries), and the corner trick exploit (and the final boss fight exploit), plus a bit of luck during some fights (e.g. I was lucky to kill both guardians with three quickly thrown grenades during the part where you don't have weapons in the penultimate chapter after some retries). I forgot to mention that you need to be aggressive as much as possible and whenever possible.

I would rename this difficulty either annoying or bullshit difficulty since some times a single sneaky enemy can kkill you after you thought you have killed all enemies. Even with all those rage-inducing moments, nothing beats the section of Drake's Fortune where you are being chase while firing a machinegun on a jeep being driven by Elena, even with tweaks on. 

I had enough of this bullshit difficulty without tweaks, hopefully Drake's Deception will allow me to use tweaks on brutal as I have read.

Edited by Deceptrox
  • Like 1